ESPN Mock Drat...Insider

if Mays somehow falls to us it will be very tough to pass him by. He could be the best safety in the NFL early in his career. The dude is ridiculous. There shouldn't be complaints about drafting a safety if he's taken - we'd be drafting a freak of nature.

if Mays somehow falls to us it will be very tough to pass him by. He could be the best safety in the NFL early in his career. The dude is ridiculous. There shouldn't be complaints about drafting a safety if he's taken - we'd be drafting a freak of nature.

He'll look just like Donte Whitner if the opposing QB has all day to throw the football!!!

Or Darius Heyward Bey if he dropped to us in the second round. He supposively can run a 40 time in the mid 4.2's and has some solid size at 6-2 210 lbs.

Imagine the future recieving core with him if he panned out.

1. Evans

2. Johnson

3. Hardy

4. Darius Heyward Bey

5. Roscoe

I would LOVE to get Heyward Bey. Dude is a stud, i live in DC and went to UMD so i might not be the most objective, but seriously, dude is a serious deep threat. he is a bigger version of Roscoe Parrish with hands. I'm on the DE/DT/LB in 1st round then if Bey is available in 2nd round grab him. our offense blows - obviously. but something tells me our FO will be happy going in with steve johnson/hardy fighting for 3rd spot.

I can't see us taking a TE in the first round. At least one of the higher tier TE's will be there in the second/third rounds. A lot will depend on free agency and also the re-signing of Crowell. If the right defensive lineman for our system is there at 11, and we have not addressed this in FA, I say that would be the priority.

Lack of pass rush was a far more glaring issue this year than any other area. It is obvious that Kelsay, Denney and company cannot get it done. Who knows what Schoebel will look like when he comes back.

If Crowell is not re-signed, I would look at best available player between LB and DL. Maybin if he drops (doubtful) or Maualuga in first round and DL in second round.

I love Gresham and think he's head and shoulders the best TE coming out in the draft (yes, better than Coffman as far as talent translating to the NFL). I feel he would be a huge upgrade at the position the likes of which Buffalo hasn't seen in over a decade.

That said ... DE or Center (I don't care that it's early for a Center) need to be the pick here. However, if the Bills go for Gresham here, I would be upset ... but not that upset.

Or Darius Heyward Bey if he dropped to us in the second round. He supposively can run a 40 time in the mid 4.2's and has some solid size at 6-2 210 lbs.

1. Evans

2. Johnson

3. Hardy

4. Darius Heyward Bey

5. Roscoe

scratch out roscoe for Reed or Steve Johnson--he's a good punt returner but not a good receiver.

A tight end over a lineman (either side of the ball) or linebacker? My blood is already boiling.

This team needs to make building up the trenches its No. 1 concern; that's the only way they're going to compete.

A solid tight end is nice and all, but it's a luxury. There are bigger needs on this roster that must be addressed.

With this QB a TE is not a luxury--a necessity.not many centers go in the first.

1. Evans

2. Johnson

3. Hardy

4. Darius Heyward Bey

5. Roscoe

Reed was our best receiver this year. No way we get rid of him, he's our 3rd down go to guy. Drop Parrish from that list, his best skills are as a return man and with McKelvin and McGee/Jackson we really have no need for Roscoe.

I'm not sure how a mock draft can be made with any real legitimacy before the senior bowl, juniors declare for the draft, and the combine.

thats why its called a mock draft

the thought of Crabtree intrigues me as well but the more i think about Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC the more i like it...move Poz to the outside where he is probably a better fit and plug this guy in the middle

of course a talented young lineman on either side of the ball would be nice but we know the Bills wont do that

A tight end over a lineman (either side of the ball) or linebacker? My blood is already boiling.

This team needs to make building up the trenches its No. 1 concern; that's the only way they're going to compete.

A solid tight end is nice and all, but it's a luxury. There are bigger needs on this roster that must be addressed.

Tight End is glaring weakness on this team. If it is not our #1 priority, it's in the top 2 or 3. So, I'd be happy with a Tight End from Oklahoma. DL is another weakness. I'm not as concerned about or O Line as they started doing some fine run blocking in the second half of the year and protected Trent and JP pretty well. Keep 'em together and I think they'll be OK next year. Add some depth of course.

Cool. Thanks for that. While still early, there's no way Taylor Mays falls that far. I like our pick of Gresham, but I don't think Buffalo lets Mays get past them.

Seriously? You're kidding right? A DB??? Again? Are You related to Jauron? Maybe those geniuses at OBD can pull out more undersized defensive magic and convert the kid to OLB? Come to think of it, Dead Dick is still Our HC...So You're probably right... :D

Look I know Mays is a heck of a Prospect, but I don't care if the kid is the next coming of Ed Reed...If the Bills can't Rush The Passer they can't get better on Defense...As for the Mock Draft I'm going to go out on a limb and say if there is not a run on pure 4-3 DE's from 1-10...one will be chosen at #11...The Bills Need good, young Pass Rushing talent in the worst way...Plus I expect that Kelsay may be a Cap casualty this Off Season... :rolleyes:

Seriously? You're kidding right? A DB??? Again? Are You related to Jauron? Maybe those geniuses at OBD can pull out more undersized defensive magic and convert the kid to OLB? Come to think of it, Dead Dick is still Our HC...So You're probably right... :D

Just to inform you....

Taylor Mays

Height / Weight:

6-3 / 230

The Bills LB'ing corp in it's entirety

Ellison, Keith LB 6-0 229

Lehman, Teddy LB 6-2 238

Costanzo, Blake LB 6-1 235

Mitchell, Kawika LB 6-1 253

Corto, Jon LB 6-0 208

Posluszny, Paul LB 6-1 238

There is nothing undersized about Taylor Mays. If you want to complain about picking him, let's not make stuff up. He could very well make the best OLB we'd have from a pure size and speed standpoint. And the dude can hit, hard.

Am I saying I'd be happy if we drafted him? Probably not. In any case he hasn't even said he would declare for the draft yet, and something about him makes me think he'll stick around @ USC for one more year anyways.