Favorite Bush moment

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boomer- what is your thoughts on MP's and MI's seeking revenge. Do they have a right to annoy "torture" detainees seeking revenge for the attrocities thatthe terrorists had committed?

No they don't have that right. However if they were seeking revenge or say me personally I would just kill them and say they were trying to escape. You know 'Dead men tell no Tales.' War is hell.

No they don't have that right. However if they were seeking revenge or say me personally I would just kill them and say they were trying to escape. You know 'Dead men tell no Tales.' War is hell.

My point is that revenge is NOT justice. WE are supposed to be fighting this war against evil- when we seek revenge, we become what we are fighting against. And believe me- I completely understand how tough it is to resist that urge. I will NEVER forget seeing a 19 year old outside my office balling her eyes out on 9/11 because her father worked in the Trade Center. That is something that will be with me for the rest of my life- and not in a good way. I wanted us to go over and just wipe everything out- something I am very ashamed of now.

Still, we are supposed to represent something- and if it was easy to do that, everybody would do it. All you need is a little oversight to eliminate the abuses- and the changes that were made over there have proved that. Our troops, like most of us are good people- still, we all have the propensity for evil when put in a situation that will bring that out.

My point is that revenge is NOT justice. WE are supposed to be fighting this war against evil- when we seek revenge, we become what we are fighting against. And believe me- I completely understand how tough it is to resist that urge. I will NEVER forget seeing a 19 year old outside my office balling her eyes out on 9/11 because her father worked in the Trade Center. That is something that will be with me for the rest of my life- and not in a good way. I wanted us to go over and just wipe everything out- something I am very ashamed of now.

Still, we are supposed to represent something- and if it was easy to do that, everybody would do it. All you need is a little oversight to eliminate the abuses- and the changes that were made over there have proved that. Our troops, like most of us are good people- still, we all have the propensity for evil when put in a situation that will bring that out.

Justice would be just kill the enemy , it's the nature of war.

Not every one. Just the liberal media and those that take thier word for fact. Taking prisoners to other countries is called rendition. Its been done since WW11 and maybe longer. What the liberal media doesn't say is what information was extracted from the prisoners. Of course any informatiom received from the prisoners of thier operations would not be released , to the public. Also note that several of the terrorists that were released where found on the battelfeild fighting our troops again and that is totally unacceptable. The only way to stop a war is to win it.

Hmm.....funny we prosecuted japanese officers in WW2 for water boarding, which we considered torture.

I liked when he was at an asian summit, walked to the door to leave, tried opening the door, and it was locked. He just stood there with a look like he didn't know what to do next. It summarized his presidency of expecting a certain result from his actions, and when those results didn't happen he didn't know what to do next.

I liked when he was at an asian summit, walked to the door to leave, tried opening the door, and it was locked. He just stood there with a look like he didn't know what to do next. It summarized his presidency of expecting a certain result from his actions, and when those results didn't happen he didn't know what to do next.
That was my #4, beaten out by the inept handling of Katrina.

• 3 weeks later...

I had to ressurect this in honor of the Messiah. While Bush could not open a locked door in unfamiliar surroundings, the Messiah was incapable of opening a door at his new house (White House) yesterday.

Of course Bush's was played all over the air for days, enough so that years later even a tin-foiled fool can remember it. but the messiahs gaffe in his own house will for the most part go unreported even though it was fully in front of the press corps and taped by all.

I had to ressurect this in honor of the Messiah. While Bush could not open a locked door in unfamiliar surroundings, the Messiah was incapable of opening a door at his new house (White House) yesterday.

Of course Bush's was played all over the air for days, enough so that years later even a tin-foiled fool can remember it. but the messiahs gaffe in his own house will for the most part go unreported even though it was fully in front of the press corps and taped by all.

Must have missed that. Did he stand there like a deer in the headlights with no clue what to do?

lol, I hope we don't have a closet idiot in the white house.

What's funny is that people don't realize it's not the door they take issue with in Bush's case...it's the dopey look on his face. Obama does the same thing sans dopey look, and it's okay.

That kind of logic is more than a little retarded. "This guy is better than that guy, because when he's stupid he doesn't actually LOOK stupid."

What's funny is that people don't realize it's not the door they take issue with in Bush's case...it's the dopey look on his face. Obama does the same thing sans dopey look, and it's okay.

That kind of logic is more than a little retarded. "This guy is better than that guy, because when he's stupid he doesn't actually LOOK stupid."

I know what you're saying, but that look on GW's face is too funny! :lol: