Favorite Bush moment

With easily the worst presidency of our lifetimes coming to a merciful end it is time to reflect on those moments that defined this president the last eight years. I have three.

3. "You're doing a heckuva job Brownie" 09/05. While a great American city drowned Bush and the government proved how out of the loop they really were.

2. "Mission Accomplished" 5/03. On the deck of a big boat to celebrate something, I'm not sure what but something, the administration in a grotesque display of phoney military pagentry counted their chickens before they hatched.

...and the winner...

1. It's gotta be the shoes! 12/08. The shoe hurler, in a perfect summation of a disasterous presidency, did what we all really wanted to do.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With easily the worst presidency of our lifetimes coming to a merciful end it is time to reflect on those moments that defined this president the last eight years. I have three.

3. "You're doing a heckuva job Brownie" 09/05. While a great American city drowned Bush and the government proved how out of the loop they really were.

2. "Mission Accomplished" 5/03. On the deck of a big boat to celebrate something, I'm not sure what but something, the administration in a grotesque display of phoney military pagentry counted their chickens before they hatched.

...and the winner...

1. It's gotta be the shoes! 12/08. The shoe hurler, in a perfect summation of a disasterous presidency, did what we all really wanted to do.

You could be right or maybe not. However your support of this country is zero , so your comments really are meaningless. While we are at it do not for get the lowlife mayor of NO were it all started. If you are wating for govt. to solve all your problems you will have a long wait. Now go pick up your gubmint cheese available for all the whiners.

I am not sure I see anything that rivals "I am not a crook" although in the grand scheme of things I think Bush is definitely responsble for at least as much overall death and destruction (Nixon's failure to end the Vietnam war, in spite of making it a campaign promise in TWO elections, cost another what, 20k American lives and countless Vietnamese and other?)....

We got past Nixon, it's going to take longer to dig out from under Bush and his messes, the key is to learn from his mistakes (and ours). Otherwise, it's just going to keep happening.

...and the winner...

His last day in office will be my favorite moment.

Bush is probably top 5 worst as he leaves. History will judge whether he gets the top spot. Well done.

People who say that really don't understand how truly horrible some presidents have really been. Franklin Pierce and James Buchanan, anyone? :doh: Or Herbert Hoover, who unlike Bush actually managed to collapse the banks?

I am not sure I see anything that rivals "I am not a crook" although in the grand scheme of things I think Bush is definitely responsble for at least as much overall death and destruction (Nixon's failure to end the Vietnam war, in spite of making it a campaign promise in TWO elections, cost another what, 20k American lives and countless Vietnamese and other?)....

We got past Nixon, it's going to take longer to dig out from under Bush and his messes, the key is to learn from his mistakes (and ours). Otherwise, it's just going to keep happening.

How do you manage to get such basic history wrong?

Jan 72 - President Nixon announces the 7th withdrawal: 70,000 troops by 1 May 72 reducing the troop level in Vietnam to 69,000. 29 Mar 73 - 67 more US P.O.W.'s were freed in Hanoi. The same day, the US withdrew its remaining 2,500 troops from South Vietnam. This date also marked the actual end of military involvement in Vietnam.

How do you manage to get such basic history wrong?

Jan 72 - President Nixon announces the 7th withdrawal: 70,000 troops by 1 May 72 reducing the troop level in Vietnam to 69,000. 29 Mar 73 - 67 more US P.O.W.'s were freed in Hanoi. The same day, the US withdrew its remaining 2,500 troops from South Vietnam. This date also marked the actual end of military involvement in Vietnam.

They see what they what to see.

People who say that really don't understand how truly horrible some presidents have really been. Franklin Pierce and James Buchanan, anyone? :doh: Or Herbert Hoover, who unlike Bush actually managed to collapse the banks?

Don't be a dillhole. Just because you named a few bad presidents doesn't mean Bush doesn't rate up in the top 5 with them. For example, 5-3=2.

You could be right or maybe not. However your support of this country is zero , so your comments really are meaningless. While we are at it do not for get the lowlife mayor of NO were it all started. If you are wating for govt. to solve all your problems you will have a long wait. Now go pick up your gubmint cheese available for all the whiners.

:doh:

George Bush = The USA

?????

Don't be a dillhole. Just because you named a few bad presidents doesn't mean Bush doesn't rate up in the top 5 with them. For example, 5-3=2.

And just because I mentioned three, don't assume there's none worse. Grant, Harding (who ran an administration so corrupt it made Nixon's look like the Boy Scouts), Carter. I'm tempted to throw Johnson in the mix (many historians do. I personally think he wasn't a "horrible president" as much as he was simply an !@#$).

I'd rank Bush...maybe twelfth-worst. People don't realize how truly awful fully a quarter of our presidents have been, or how resilient the US has historically been w/r/t bad leadership...which is why I've spent the last eight years laughing at the whole "Bush has destroyed the country!" crap. The only president that's managed that...has a memorial on the National Mall, actually...

Now, if anyone wants to rank Congresses, I'd say all of them during the Bush Administration are among the worst.

I am still not getting many Bush moments here. Hey guys they dont have to be all bad moments. As for rating Presidents I am just sticking with the post baby boom era.

"Bring 'em on" was a good one. Really, what will stick in my head isn't any particular moment of his presidency, but how consistently uncomfortable and awkward he looks in a suit.

And tricky Dick was bad but Bush and Cheney should be in Jail on war crimes.

You're an idiot. If you could even define "war crime", you still couldn't name one.

...which is why I've spent the last eight years laughing at the whole "Bush has destroyed the country!" crap. The only president that's managed that...has a memorial on the National Mall, actually...

Does anyone really need to wonder why the rest of the world hates us if we actually have a national mall and honor presidents there?

Conspicuous consumerism gone wild.

I don't recall seeing a Pat Buchanan statue there though.