How about Farve to Buffalo for a one year deal?

Tipster19

Realizing that we're not going to change our coaching personnel leaves me discouraged about our future more than ever before with this team. One thing with Farve is that he does play with passion and he's a cold weather QB who doesn't have to wear a glove to throw the ball. I think that he's all done in New York and if he wants to play one more year than why not us? He would at least bring leadership to our offense and would be a better mentor to Edwards than anyone else that we currently have on staff. I wouldn't even mind the down the field INTs because that would mean that we are at least throwing the ball and not just for 10 yard digs.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Realizing that we're not going to change our coaching personnel leaves me discouraged about our future more than ever before with this team. One thing with Farve is that he does play with passion and he's a cold weather QB who doesn't have to wear a glove to throw the ball. I think that he's all done in New York and if he wants to play one more year than why not us? He would at least bring leadership to our offense and would be a better mentor to Edwards than anyone else that we currently have on staff. I wouldn't even mind the down the field INTs because that would mean that we are at least throwing the ball and not just for 10 yard digs.

Trent Edwards played better this year than Favre did.

no way, no thanks,

Favre has proven over the last couple of seasons that he is no longer a cold weather QB at all, if indeed he ever was. This year he threw 22 TDs and 22 INTs, and alot of those TDs were dumpoffs in the red zone to jones and washington. He is a below average QB at this point and there is no cause to set back Trent's development for the sake of Favre.

Still drunk from last night?

Favre has proven over the last couple of seasons that he is no longer a cold weather QB at all, if indeed he ever was. This year he threw 22 TDs and 22 INTs, and alot of those TDs were dumpoffs in the red zone to jones and washington. He is a below average QB at this point and there is no cause to set back Trent's development for the sake of Favre.

It's not that he isn't a cold weather quarterback its that he is 40 and his shoulder is done and will require surgery during the off-season and will never be the rocket-arm QB again.

Trent is a girlish, afraid of the weather, bad, hopeless, lazy, excuse making, glove wearing Mary of a weak armed QB but he is better than Favre.

As I have stated many times, the Bills positional needs are:

Starting QB

Backup QB

C

DE

TE

OLB

depth at LB, depth at DT, depth at OL

Trent needs to go just like JP and I think it would be funny if they went the same place.

As obvious as it is that Trent does not belong anywhere near an NFL venue without a ticket, Favre is completely done.

because trent did fine for a 2nd year QB working under a circus act of coaching... It's pretty obvious that if Farve had a crap year in NY, he would have an even crappier year under Jauron and Turk in 2009.

If by fine job you mean he singlehandedly blew games against:

Jets 1

Cleveland

San Fran

NE 1 & 2

Miami 1

then you are right on the money.

Two questions. First, who would stay healthier, Farve or Edwards? Secondly, who would provide more wins, Farve or Edwards?

For starters, QBs don't "provide wins"...they help lead the team to wins. The Bills don't run an offense that allows the QB to "win games". They look to the QB to run the offense and keep mistakes to a minimum. There is no chance Favre throws 22 TDs with the Bills and they can't afford the 22 INTs he threw this year.

Favre is wrong for this team, on just about every level.

Two questions. First, who would stay healthier, Farve or Edwards? Secondly, who would provide more wins, Farve or Edwards?

Great idea, he did such a good job leading the Jets to the play-offs. Not. Many of the games they won were in spite of Favre, not because of him. The last game against us is a perfect example. Not just no but hell no.

For starters, QBs don't "provide wins"...they help lead the team to wins. The Bills don't run an offense that allows the QB to "win games".

Since when don't QB's win games?? The ball is'nt round any more! It is actually quite the opposite, if you don't have a good QB you don't stand much of a chance in todays NFL. Tell me what position can possibly win you more games please. The Bills offense does not dictate our QB play, our QB mes is what dictates the Bills offense. Do you think if we had Peyton Manning they would still call the same old conservative plays?? The answer is no my friend!

Favre is wrong for this team, on just about every level.

You may be right about this, however Favre would get us a few more wins if we had him, no doubt. Just the threat of a deep ball connecting would soften up defenses.