Bills pick-in ten updated mock drafts

billybob

Appreciate the thread BillyBob, but just a smack of reality, the mocks are gonna change 100Xs as we go through the combine. (Of which I have never been a fan of)

Well Duh..... also any moves in free Agency will have an effect on how the draft will go..... are you trying to say speculation is pointless, it is, but so is football and sports in general, and yet here we are.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:wallbash: Exactly. And even though I agree that Dick-Russ-Tom-John-Ralph Levy will keep the pick and take some player none of us expect, it would be terrific if they were that much "in love" with Mack.

This is more realistic of what will happen at OBD on draft day. Also let's be real with respect to the approach of team bills for the upcoming FA season, Take the top half of the blue chip FA's and disregard ( since TD when has the Bills even been in discussion w/ a top notch FA?). Look at the bottom third of that list or street FA (for that matter) and Team Bills will try to pass him off as a player that they're puzzled at what lack of interest he's gotten from the rest of the league ( as if they pulled something over on the other GM's). Rem- "THEY WATCH THE FILM AND YOU DON'T"

:wallbash::wub:0:):beer:

This is more realistic of what will happen at OBD on draft day. Also let's be real with respect to the approach of team bills for the upcoming FA season, Take the top half of the blue chip FA's and disregard ( since TD when has the Bills even been in discussion w/ a top notch FA?). Look at the bottom third of that list or street FA (for that matter) and Team Bills will try to pass him off as a player that they're puzzled at what lack of interest he's gotten from the rest of the league ( as if they pulled something over on the other GM's). Rem- "THEY WATCH THE FILM AND YOU DON'T"

:wallbash::wub:0:):beer:

Touche Pimp. Feliz Ano Nuevo(Happy New Year)!!!

I hope that they don't waste a first round pick on a 255 pound defensive end. We already have a slew of them and they are tossed around in this stupid defense that we employ.

We need big strong DEs and DTs for a change.

Bill 4 out of the top 5 sack leaders this season are 260 lbs or less.

Bill 4 out of the top 5 sack leaders this season are 260 lbs or less.

I believe that because the big guys have more problems getting past some of the monster LTs.

Maybe it is talent; maybe it is the dumb system, but our DEs are muscled all over the place and useless against the run. Schobel was able to string out runnimg plays at times but when he got hurt, forget about it.

Other than Stroud, our front 7 is small. This team is in no way suited for the elements.

Aaron Schobel was a very good DE before the 2007 season began. I totally believe he was better because he was playing at 262lbs. For some unknown reason he dropped 19lbs in 2007; this coming after a 14 sack year. Aaron played his 2007 and his 2008 season at 243lbs. My question is why? He had 10 sacks in 2004, 12 sacks in 2005, and 14 sacks in 2006. Why in the hell did he drop 19lbs??? So you are right, we do have some light DE's who get pushed around and don't sniff the QB. Bulk Schobels ass back up so he can be a good DE again...

I believe that because the big guys have more problems getting past some of the monster LTs.

Maybe it is talent; maybe it is the dumb system, but our DEs are muscled all over the place and useless against the run. Schobel was able to string out runnimg plays at times but when he got hurt, forget about it.

Other than Stroud, our front 7 is small. This team is in no way suited for the elements.

Let's be frank Bill, Chris Kelsay wouldn't start on any other NFL team with the exception of Detroit. I've seen tight ends handle him. IMO Ryan Denney is a better DE than him. The Bills need another big DT next to Stroud, someone like John Henderson or Albert Haynesworth. They need those big hogs in the middle that demand a double team to let the DE's win their one on one battles with the tackles/tight ends. It will also allow Poz, Mitchell and (insert LB) to make plays(ask Ray Lewis). Free agent targets should be another dominant DT/DE, center.

Agreed on both points.

I don't fully understand our defense. At times, it appears that the DEs are actually running away from the ball. :doh: The rest of the time they are simply bowled over. What they almost never seem to do is stand their ground, ala Phil Hansen.

I am all for another DT. Kyle Williams can make a play if he has the right angle, but he is far from dominant. He would be a perfect rotational player imo. Terrance Cody from Alabama has indicated that he wants to stay in school. He would be quite the interesting player. He could be anything from Leon Lett to a defensive version of Mike Williams at that size.

I like it when we have a def end trying to pass defense a RB 20 yards up the field. That is always a classic also.