Coaching choices for the Bills

Speaking of which, did I hear that Lane is following his son to Tenn? I know it's be rumored, but thought I heard something to the effect it had been announced?

I think you mean is it true Monte is following his son Lane to Tenn. The answer is yes it is true & a hot prospect D-line player from SW Fla already commited to Tenn. because of Monte. Raheem Morris is the new Bucs DC.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course. Even though Flutie never won a playoff game in his NFL career, and fumbled, to lose the game in his only NFL playoff appearance the previous year, the Bills would have certainly have won at Tennessee and the SB with him...right...

Keep drinking that koolaid.

I knew you'd appreciate this.

Huh?

He turned down talking to Cleveland. Buffalo is a lot more like Cleveland than it is NYC.

But, I agree the Bills should at least try to talk to him.

Cowher won't talk to Cleveland because when he left Pittsburgh, he told them that if he ever did come back to coach another team, it wouldn't be for a team in the same division as the Steelers.

GO BILLS!

Josh McDaniels

Yes what he has done with that offense is amazing. Should be the coordinator of the year. Not sure why he is not getting enough attention. But with Brady being side lined for 09 I dont think BB will let him walk. They need that continuity.

Cowher is enjoying his new 2.5 million dollar home here in Raleigh, NC (he played linebacker for NC State and wanted to come back to the area). When he first moved here, the local news interviewed him and he was saying how he always wanted to raise his kids here, yadayadayda. I think its going to take ALOT of dollars to convince him to go back to coaching.

I like Marty S. as a HC pick. Remember that Bill Cowher was one of Marty's coaches (special teams, then secondary coach) for the Browns, then followed Marty to KC as the defensive coordinator before going to the Steelers as HC.

They've heard of him.

My take on Marty: He's a nice guy who gets out-coached everytime something big is on the line. Hey, maybe he would be a good fit here....

Hey it sounds like Dick Jauron if he knew how to win in any situation

1. If Cowher didn't want the Browns job, what makes you all think he would EVER take the Bills job, or that Ralph would pay him AND give him a lot of control?

2. I chose the coaches for my list based upon affordability and best candidate for the job.

3. Brian Billick would raise hell in Buffalo, but our offense probably would be rendered impotent and I would really, really worry about his coach choices with the O.

SIDE: Can you believe that Kevin GILBRIDE is being considered for a HC gig? :angry: OMFG, that is rich.

He is already being considered a great coach, otherwise why is almost every team looking for a new coach and Bills fans salivating over him and going after him?

BC has already established himself as a great coach, he has already built a team and won a Super Bowl, what else is there to do for him? If he failed rebuilding a team like Buffalo, how would that affect his reputation as a great coach? Theres nothing more for BC to do, and the only way he will come back is if he really misses the game, or he is looking for money and someone throws him a crazy offer.

As for Doug Flutie, some Bills fans still have a hard on for him, but he is not seen as a god or a saviour elsewhere in the league. Didn't he only have one more year after leaving Buffalo where he was even a starter?

He's already great, but he could become legendary.

It's like in the NHL, with Brian Burke coming to Toronto, except not quite to the same extent with the difference in markets.

Why would Burke go to Toronto? Not money. For a challenge. He knows that if he can build a cup winner in the Leafs, he'll become legendary; the greatest ever. Period.

Cowher's great, everyone knows it. But he could become legendary, he could put himself above all the rest. Going to Buffalo and winning the Superbowl would top anything anyone else could have done.

I would have Jim Kelly at Bill Cowher's door step begging for him to consider Buffalo right about now if I was Ralph Wilson.

Kelly's begging would probably be to much for Cowher to handle. :angry:

Ralph will never give Cowher the control he wants. Even if Ralph conceded Cowher would never believe him given ralph's history. Finally Ralph is not going to shell out the millions it will take to get Cowher. Bottom line is that it is a waste of cyberspace to even discuss this as though it is a possibility.