What if an asteroid hit the Earth?

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karl: Sir, I'm retired navy, I know all about classified. But one more thing. The person that finds her gets to name her right?

Dan: Yes-yes that's right, that's right.

Karl: I wanna name her Dottie after my wife. She's a vicious life-sucking B word from which there is no escape.

I think someone needs to pull up a video on what happens to us as the Volcano at Yellowstone undergoes hundreds of earthquakes in the matter of a few days that turn into a harmonic tremor. Considering it's happening right now....might want to hurry!

Something is out of the norm....question is how big a problem?

Uh oh Dwight. I hope you've stockpiled plenty of silver

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...a-SpOwD95COBD00

http://www.sciam.com/blog/60-second-scienc...e-ye-2008-12-30

Happy New Year :beer:

The Drane Compound is monitoring the situation closely and is upset that the Patriots aren't visiting the Broncos this week.

There are not many geologists out there...because this should be a wet dream for them. There seems to be a lid on the media with this, which is interesting. While nobody has ever seen a supervolcano get ready for an eruption, all signs at Yellowstone are pointing to some sort of underground movement on a large scale. The fact that the earthquakes are not on fault lines, but in the area where the volcano top is under the lake...that is what makes this a story. If the crust cracks enough to let the water sink into the caldera or the magma to ooze into the lake.....it's showtime.

FEMA is on the case though and released a statement that they have not been asked for Federal help as of yet.....that's nice to know.

Why would the media care? If there was an eruption, Obama would just wave his hand and turn the lava into hope

But seriously, if Yellowstone blows :beer: uh, so does Civilization :censored:

The consensus seems to be that there is a real threat of a hydrothermal eruption....the whole thing doesn't have to go. If it just blows a gasket to let off some steam so to speak, maybe only half of Wyoming goes down the tubes!

The AP and some sources had a general blurb on it, but I can understand not making a big deal out of this. If it explodes, everyone nearby is toast...and by nearby that means 20-600 miles nearby. If they put out a Katrina type warning, the panic would be too much. It is better to chance what is a 600,000-1 eruption on a regular day and maybe a 100-1 eruption at this point than it is making sure half the US riots.

If Obama goes Morgan Freeman in Deep Impact and ends up 3 miles underground...nice knowing ya'll. I guess I would really back end into my economic collapse and martial law predictions.