Campaign thread to force Ralph out as owner

I have no problem forking over my hard earned cash for tickets because NFL football is entertainment I enjoy with friends and family... much like going to the movies, or a concert. When the Bills suck, I'm well within my rights to B word and moan.

I understand your point, but ask yourself just how much entertainment you get from this product? It makes you constantly "B word and moan" after spending your hard earned money, and you consider the owner a disease...what is it you're getting out of this? Would you go out to an expensive restaurant over and over again even if you hated the owner, the service, and the food was always terrible and made you sick?

You're trying to justify supporting the unsupportable. Preconditions have to be met. If there is no reciprocation from the one you invest your time, money, heart and soul with it would be insanity to continue the charade. Don't you see, he has manipulated you and you're going with it unconditionally rather than admit the ruse and dump him.

Repeat after me: RALPH, GET OUT!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand your point, but ask yourself just how much entertainment you get from this product? It makes you constantly "B word and moan" after spending your hard earned money, and you consider the owner a disease...what is it you're getting out of this? Would you go out to an expensive restaurant over and over again even if you hated the owner, the service, and the food was always terrible and made you sick?

You're trying to justify supporting the unsupportable. Preconditions have to be met. If there is no reciprocation from the one you invest your time, money, heart and soul with it would be insanity to continue the charade. Don't you see, he has manipulated you and you're going with it unconditionally rather than admit the ruse and dump him.

Repeat after me: RALPH, GET OUT!!

Let's see, self, how much entertainment do you get from this product?

Thanks for asking. I wouldn't give it up for anything in the world (outside of my family, of course). My dad and I bonded over Bills football. I tailgate every Sunday with my best friends in the world. 50 percent of my daily friendly conversation is centered around the team, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I live for the off-season, the pre-season, the regular season, and--even though it seems like it won't ever return--the post-season.

My girlfriend loves Bills' football, and she's only been a fan for the last 5 years. Her friends love Bills' football. I love Ralph Wilson Stadium, and I love Lot 3 off of Southwestern Blvd. I love these things because I CHOOSE to. I am fully aware of my decision and my options. I realize that the team could be better, but that it isn't. I will continue to cheer for them for as long as they exist, because I CHOOSE to make them my team, because they represent Buffalo, and I LOVE Buffalo.

It does not make me dumb, it does not make me less of a man, and it certainly doesn't make me abused.

You've made a choice to stop being a fan, so be it. Other people aren't making the same one.

Live with it.

I wouldn't give it up for anything in the world (outside of my family, of course). My dad and I bonded over Bills football. I tailgate every Sunday with my best friends in the world. 50 percent of my daily friendly conversation is centered around the team, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I live for the off-season, the pre-season, the regular season, and--even though it seems like it won't ever return--the post-season.

My girlfriend loves Bills' football, and she's only been a fan for the last 5 years. Her friends love Bills' football. I love Ralph Wilson Stadium, and I love Lot 3 off of Southwestern Blvd. I love these things because I CHOOSE to. I am fully aware of my decision and my options. I realize that the team could be better, but that it isn't. I will continue to cheer for them for as long as they exist, because I CHOOSE to make them my team, because they represent Buffalo, and I LOVE Buffalo.

It does not make me dumb, it does not make me less of a man, and it certainly doesn't make me abused.

You apparently love your girlfriend, your father, your friends, and have great pride in your home town. The problem here is you are projecting your love for all this to the Bills, aka. Ralph Wilson's web, when in reality he is not reciprocating anything and represents only himself and his family's money. He could care less about you, could care less about your family, could care less about your girlfriend and mocks your city. He's using you and your relationships for his own personal gain, and your just getting sucked into his illusion unconditionally because you equate the illusion with your loved ones.

You DO have a choice, only you've taken your choice off the table. You have the mindset that there in fact IS NO CHOICE for you, because Ralph Wilson holds your cards. You CAN'T tell him to go to hell no matter what he says or does because your not being truthful to yourself. You've got to get over this dream that your friends, family and city are codependant on Ralph Wilson's product.

You can do better. Insist on more, don't let "whatever he gives you" be good enough. We've all had the wonderful experiences you've had. I had season tickets all my life growing up and throughout college until I moved. I lived for tailgaiting and the fortunes of the team. However, over the past few years I've felt the relationship go from being a good and healthy outlet of bonding and fanhood, to seeing through an owner who has mailed it in, is taking advantage of my loyalties and zealotry for his own gain, and publicly crapping on me.

It's now so transparent that he doesn't intend to give you a decent product and is just out to use you for your money. He's trampling your loyalties, and intends to give the green light to shipping your illusion out of town to whatever big city comes calling after his death.

You have the right to expect better. Settle for garbage and you'll keep right on getting it, because that's all you've sold yourself for. Dump his slimy, putrid product that offers only losing and failure. If the team is ever going to get your money and loyalty again make them EARN IT BACK.

Say it: Ralph, GET OUT!!

I can't figure out if you're really this stupid or just rying to get other's riled.

Yes you are correct, you can leave Ralph behind and move. Go follow another team, not a problem. As far as your comment of "Ralph get out" I'll speak for Ralph on that one. "No you get out, and don't let the door hit you on the way out. If you feel your abused and don't like what I do, too bad, go follow another team. I'm the owner of the team, I'll do what I want, and you're just pond scum. If that makes you abused, so be it! Buffalo struggles to support a team in todays NFL I charge less for tickets than all the other teams, much less for luxury boxes cause that's all Bufflao can afford. I'm giving you the privalage of watching NFL football; you don't like it, the alternative is no team! "

Denial...a powerful force. Look at the hysteria from some of the battered wives, lashing out at those who confront them and call out their abusive relationship for what it really is in what amounts to a message board intervention. Look, nobody wants to be told they have a problem, that they can and should act to extracate themselves from their perpetual victimhood, stand up for themselves, and stop defending their abuser.

In short, this defensive reaction is predictable and expected.

But, there is a solution, there is help, you can leave Ralph behind and move on. It won't kill you, it won't kill Buffalo. It won't destroy your lives. You'll be a better person if you just start thinking of yourself as better than that, that you don't deserve to be mistreated, that your life will be better without him and his unhealthy hold over you.

For those of you who do recognize that life as Ralph's doormat isn't necessary, that you can choose to get out of a disfunctional and abusive relationship and move on without blaming yourself, please don't fret or panic. You have nothing to fear. You won't be an outcast! Be strong! YOU DESERVE BETTER, AND WILL GET IT ONCE YOU LEAVE HIM!!

Say it again: RALPH, GET OUT!!

You apparently love your girlfriend, your father, your friends, and have great pride in your home town. The problem here is you are projecting your love for all this to the Bills, aka. Ralph Wilson's web, when in reality he is not reciprocating anything and represents only himself and his family's money. He could care less about you, could care less about your family, could care less about your girlfriend and mocks your city. He's using you and your relationships for his own personal gain, and your just getting sucked into his illusion unconditionally because you equate the illusion with your loved ones.

You DO have a choice, only you've taken your choice off the table. You have the mindset that there in fact IS NO CHOICE for you, because Ralph Wilson holds your cards. You CAN'T tell him to go to hell no matter what he says or does because your not being truthful to yourself. You've got to get over this dream that your friends, family and city are codependant on Ralph Wilson's product.

You can do better. Insist on more, don't let "whatever he gives you" be good enough. We've all had the wonderful experiences you've had. I had season tickets all my life growing up and throughout college until I moved. I lived for tailgaiting and the fortunes of the team. However, over the past few years I've felt the relationship go from being a good and healthy outlet of bonding and fanhood, to seeing through an owner who has mailed it in, is taking advantage of my loyalties and zealotry for his own gain, and publicly crapping on me.

It's now so transparent that he doesn't intend to give you a decent product and is just out to use you for your money. He's trampling your loyalties, and intends to give the green light to shipping your illusion out of town to whatever big city comes calling after his death.

You have the right to expect better. Settle for garbage and you'll keep right on getting it, because that's all you've sold yourself for. Dump his slimy, putrid product that offers only losing and failure. If the team is ever going to get your money and loyalty again make them EARN IT BACK.

Say it: Ralph, GET OUT!!

Enough is enough with you pretending you know anyone else's mindset. You are wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, and wrong. I am an adult, and I am perfectly capable of telling you what I do and do not like. Your phony attempt at psychological babble doesn't change that. It is shameful that you let your opinion, which nobody else seems to share, push you into making idiotic conclusions about people that you have never met in your life. You do not know me, have never known me, and will never know me. It's more than outrageous that you'd make conclusions about my relationships with the people I love without having the first damned clue who I am. Nor do you know any of the other people that you project your biased opinion on. Take a deep breath, think for a minute, and realize that it's OK for people to love the team. You don't anymore. That's fine. Grow up and get over the fact that others don't see it your way.

It is a CHOICE to cheer for the team, or not to. YOU need to get over the fact that people just simply DISAGREE with you, and that there is nothing wrong with them for doing so.

I, for one, am done discussing this topic with you. I've made my opinion, which--as an adult I am more than aware that I choose on my own--perfectly clear.

Enough is enough with you pretending you know anyone else's mindset. You are wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, and wrong. I am an adult, and I am perfectly capable of telling you what I do and do not like. Your phony attempt at psychological babble doesn't change that. It is shameful that you let your opinion, which nobody else seems to share, push you into making idiotic conclusions about people that you have never met in your life. You do not know me, have never known me, and will never know me. It's more than outrageous that you'd make conclusions about my relationships with the people I love without having the first damned clue who I am. Nor do you know any of the other people that you project your biased opinion on. Take a deep breath, think for a minute, and realize that it's OK for people to love the team. You don't anymore. That's fine. Grow up and get over the fact that others don't see it your way.

It is a CHOICE to cheer for the team, or not to. YOU need to get over the fact that people just simply DISAGREE with you, and that there is nothing wrong with them for doing so.

I, for one, am done discussing this topic with you. I've made my opinion, which--as an adult I am more than aware that I choose on my own--perfectly clear.

Don't waste your time. The guy is an idiot.

Take a deep breath, think for a minute, and realize that it's OK for people to love the team.

How about realizing it's OK to love the team, and respect yourself, enough to boycott Ralph "The Disease" Wilson and his desire to kill and degrade everything you love? We shouldn't continue supporting a greedy doctor who's performing malpractice on our loved ones.

How about realizing it's OK to love the team, and respect yourself, enough to boycott Ralph "The Disease" Wilson and his desire to kill and degrade everything you love? We shouldn't continue supporting a greedy doctor who's performing malpractice on our loved ones.

Please just answer me (and many others who have raised the same point) a simple question. Why do you believe if the fans do not support the Bills (with Ralph Wilson as the owner) that Buffalo will continue to have an NFL franchise? Our ONLY hope of maintaining a franchsie after Ralph passes is an incredibly loyal fan base, continuing sellouts and luxury box sales.

If we all listen to your advice, what do you believe will be accomplished beyond us "respecting ourselves"?

Wouldn't be easier to admit that Ralph's direction doesn't really align with your hopes and dreams and just switch teams?

It's not so easy. I'll first fight to wipe out the cancer before finding anyone new. Still, it would be wise to make plans for the future...not sure what that will be, yet.

If we all listen to your advice, what do you believe will be accomplished beyond us "respecting ourselves"?

We have nothing left to prove regarding our loyalty to the Bills and the NFL. If anything, we demonstrated a pathological allegiance and all potential new owners fully get that. What it hopefully could do is force a quicker end to Wilson's poisonous ownership, which means either a new local ownership or relocation. Either way, we'll be free from Ralph's reign of terror once and for all.

We have nothing left to prove regarding our loyalty to the Bills and the NFL. If anything, we demonstrated a pathological allegiance and all potential new owners fully get that. What it hopefully could do is force a quicker end to Wilson's poisonous ownership, which means either a new local ownership or relocation. Either way, we'll be free from Ralph's reign of terror once and for all.

Thank you. Endzone would prefer relocation to Ralph's contunued ownership of the Bills. Nuff said.

Suggestion: since nothing you say or do will make a bit of difference to either Ralph or the NFL, if you're moving on, just do it already.

I would rather inspire others to boycott all things Ralph Wilson. If in some microscopic way I can contribute to him losing a couple pennies, well, it's worth it to me. Also, I believe there are a lot of people lurking who agree with my sentiments, and I'd like to give them a chance to be heard even if they are afraid to type it on a forum because of the fierce backlash.

"Moving on" can mean different things. To me, it means dealing with moving past Ralph Wilson, getting over the pain and conflict that comes with unilaterally disengaging from him and his product, and trying to lay a foundation for a Contract With the Fans, or a Fans Bill of Rights. I contend there is a minimum set of standards and treatment towards the fan required from the team owner if he expects to receive the support of his potential customers.

The age of naiive fanhood, unconditional support of a franchise regardless of the owner's actions and words, is over. It's got to be the owner's job to please us BEFORE we fulfill our responsibility to give back to them. WE are the customer, so WE come first. HE must demonstrate the qualities of loyalty and love towards his customers before those customers can be expected to be turned into fans and make him money.

The one-way street only leads to the fan getting run over by the owner's limo.

I must say congrats to endzone animal.. you started a thread where I have read every reply, every one right down to the last word. There's one common theme here, your unsuccessful attempt to rally fans against Ralph Wilson, and everyone's responses and repeated requests to stop comparing a sports owner to an abusive husband.

Any why you might ask? I thought you would...

Because Ralph wilson sells a product you don't like. An abusive husband physically violates his spouse, who usually stays in fear. Your comparison is simply weak, and sad, and if I were a victim of an abusive relationship, I'd find you, and show you what spousal abuse does to women(not a threat of violence towards you), and I can tell you it's a lot different than an old business owner's mismanagement of a sports team.

I volunteer locally, and I can tell you the comparison is beyond offensive. It's not childish or stupid, it's flat out offensive, you should go to church and ask the Lord for forgiveness. I'd also like to add that if you persist with the analogy, you should be banned from this site.

Your ignorant, weak-minded analogy doesn't warrant a good explanation as to why so many people love this team, and should continue to regardless of what happens on the field. You seem to know a lot about spousal abuse, go help people who actually suffer from it and leave sports fans alone.

You are dismissed.

I must say congrats to endzone animal..

Uhh, ever heard of the word "analogy"? If you are that offended than how about ending all the references to war in football, because as we know it mocks all the people who are killed by bombs, ground attacks, arial assaults, etc.

Lighten up Frances, it should go without saying that I was not literally saying football fans being abused by a terrible owner is the equivalent of battering your wife.

Man...frustrating. :angry: