Campaign thread to force Ralph out as owner

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Denial...a powerful force. Look at the hysteria from some of the battered wives, lashing out at those who confront them and call out their abusive relationship for what it really is in what amounts to a message board intervention. Look, nobody wants to be told they have a problem, that they can and should act to extracate themselves from their perpetual victimhood, stand up for themselves, and stop defending their abuser.

In short, this defensive reaction is predictable and expected.

But, there is a solution, there is help, you can leave Ralph behind and move on. It won't kill you, it won't kill Buffalo. It won't destroy your lives. You'll be a better person if you just start thinking of yourself as better than that, that you don't deserve to be mistreated, that your life will be better without him and his unhealthy hold over you.

For those of you who do recognize that life as Ralph's doormat isn't necessary, that you can choose to get out of a disfunctional and abusive relationship and move on without blaming yourself, please don't fret or panic. You have nothing to fear. You won't be an outcast! Be strong! YOU DESERVE BETTER, AND WILL GET IT ONCE YOU LEAVE HIM!!

Say it again: RALPH, GET OUT!!

Anyone who thinks the NFL will expand back into Buffalo if the Bills leave is BEYOND stupid. There are a DOZEN markets they'd look at before they look at our dying region.

Translation: "Nobody else will ever want us, so we must stay with the abusive wretch and consider ourselves lucky to have him."

It's taken right out of the battered wife syndrome handbook, gang.

Translation: "Nobody else will ever want us, so we must stay with the abusive wretch and consider ourselves lucky to have him."

Are you saying not wanting for force someone to sell something they own makes us akin to battered wives? :censored:

I'm saying you should never support anyone who abuses you out of desperation, dillusion, or fear of being alone.

You are free to feel what you feel, I just find it humerous and somewhat innaprorpriate to campare rooting for a football team in its current condition to that of a battered woman.

Translation:"I don't know anything about how the NFL is run or how the economics of the league work - let alone economics in general - so I'm going to continue with this ridiculous battered wife syndrome kick because it makes me feel smarter than everyone else."

If you honestly think the NFL is coming back after the Bills leave, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. :censored:

I'm no Ralph Wilson supporter and think he's the "disease" causing the "symptoms" (bad coaching hires, personnel decisions, front office appointments, etc.), nor do I think its a foregone conclusion the Bills leave if they're sold to the highest bidder... but this is probably the dumbest thread in TBD history. To say Ralph is "abusing" us or to compare this to domestic violence is easily the stupidest thing I've read on TBD in a long time. Get a grip.

I'm no Ralph Wilson supporter and think he's the "disease" causing the "symptoms" (bad coaching hires, personnel decisions, front office appointments, etc.), nor do I think its a foregone conclusion the Bills leave if they're sold to the highest bidder... but this is probably the dumbest thread in TBD history...

You're making progress, but still have a ways to go before freeing yourself from victimhood. Admitting he is the disease who's responsible for the years of suffering you and your loved ones have been experiencing is a good start, but now it would be helpful to ask yourself why you would defend staying with this cancer still? What is the hold he has over you? Shouldn't every healthy relationship have minimum preconditions? Has he really earned your undying loyalty?

You know you're better than this. Don't give into your fears of being alone, and just dump this cancerous bum once and for all. I can't tell you how much better you will feel once you've gotten rid of the "disease" from your life and moved on.

Translation:"I don't know anything about how the NFL is run or how the economics of the league work - let alone economics in general - so I'm going to continue with this ridiculous battered wife syndrome kick because it makes me feel smarter than everyone else."

If you honestly think the NFL is coming back after the Bills leave, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. :censored:

I'm no Ralph Wilson supporter and think he's the "disease" causing the "symptoms" (bad coaching hires, personnel decisions, front office appointments, etc.), nor do I think its a foregone conclusion the Bills leave if they're sold to the highest bidder... but this is probably the dumbest thread in TBD history. To say Ralph is "abusing" us or to compare this to domestic violence is easily the stupidest thing I've read on TBD in a long time. Get a grip.

i couldn't agree more. This entire thread is ridiculous and I'm surprissed it's been going on as long as it has been. Comparing Ralph Wilson and his relationship with the fans as domestic violence is tasteless.

You're making progress, but still have a ways to go before freeing yourself from victimhood. Admitting he is the disease who's responsible for the years of suffering you and your loved ones have been experiencing is a good start, but now it would be helpful to ask yourself why you would defend staying with this cancer still? What is the hold he has over you? Shouldn't every healthy relationship have minimum preconditions? Has he really earned your undying loyalty?

You know you're better than this. Don't give into your fears of being alone, and just dump this cancerous bum once and for all. I can't tell you how much better you will feel once you've gotten rid of the "disease" from your life and moved on.

You're clearly not. Way to stay classy.

Where did I "defend staying with this cancer" in any of my posts? Ralph is responsible for the state of the Bills. Doesn't mean I can't still follow my favorite team, buy tickets, enjoy my Sundays with friends and family. Your argument has gone from "we need Ralph gone as owner" to "if you support the Bills you're acting like a battered wife" to "move on from Ralph" without offering any solutions... once again, this has to be the worst thread in TBD history.

You are free to feel what you feel, I just find it humerous and somewhat innaprorpriate to campare rooting for a football team in its current condition to that of a battered woman.

As do I, minus the "humorous" part.

Doesn't mean I can't still follow my favorite team, buy tickets, enjoy my Sundays with friends and family. Your argument has gone from "we need Ralph gone as owner" to "if you support the Bills you're acting like a battered wife" to "move on from Ralph" without offering any solutions...

The Bills are not independent of Ralph, much as you pretend it to be so; he is the owner and you cannot separate support and loyalty for the team from support and loyalty of its owner. It's not normal to think this way. Nobody would ever patron a company that always put out a terrible product and had a vile "disease" for an owner.

You are in a state of dillusion, and maybe you want to keep it that way as long as possible, but that doesn't make it healthy. All you're doing is perpetuating your suffering, because in reality you hate buying that owner's horrendous product, and are angry as hell at the him for laughing at you all the way to the bank. Spend your money on other things, take your kids to the Falls, or to a UB game, or to an amusement park. Anything that can make you happy, but why sit in misery just to help make some nasty old disease richer when you don't have to?

You deserve better. He has a hold over you, is taking advantage of you, is literally mocking you, and you keep handing him your money and pretending to be happy. You aren't, you can't be, and you need to repeat after me: RALPH, GET OUT!!

The Bills are not independent of Ralph, much as you pretend it to be so; he is the owner and you cannot separate support and loyalty for the team from support and loyalty of its owner. It's not normal to think this way. Nobody would ever patron a company that always put out a terrible product and had a vile "disease" for an owner.

You are in a state of dillusion, and maybe you want to keep it that way as long as possible, but that doesn't make it healthy. All you're doing is perpetuating your suffering, because in reality you hate buying that owner's horrendous product, and are angry as hell at the him for laughing at you all the way to the bank. Spend your money on other things, take your kids to the Falls, or to a UB game, or to an amusement park. Anything that can make you happy, but why sit in misery just to help make some nasty old disease richer when you don't have to?

You deserve better. He has a hold over you, is taking advantage of you, is literally mocking you, and you keep handing him your money and pretending to be happy. You aren't, you can't be, and you need to repeat after me: RALPH, GET OUT!!

That's your problem. Your deluded assumption is that everyone is in some ridiculous state of pain and suffering.

Personally, I'm able to detach myself from your warped reality and realize the NFL (and sports in general) is simply ENTERTAINMENT. This is showbiz, plain and simple. Anyone who wants to try and convince us otherwise is completely wrong.

And no s--t the Bills and Ralph coexist. Try and tell us something we don't know, Einstein. I have no problem forking over my hard earned cash for tickets because NFL football is entertainment I enjoy with friends and family... much like going to the movies, or a concert. When the Bills suck, I'm well within my rights to B word and moan just like I am when I go see a movie that turns out to be garbage or a band I like puts on a crappy show. It doesn't mean anyone has a "hold over [me]" or that buying tickets is "unhealthy." It means I like going to Orchard Park in the fall, hanging out with good people, enjoying a good meal, and watching a football game for a few hours.

It might do you well to keep your useless dime-store psychology out of your posts. Doesn't do much for any perceived intelligence you might have.

You're spending an awfully lot of time here for someone who doesn't care anymore....

Another transparent LAMP-er working on his 4th or 5th alias, no doubt.

I've noticed that you only respond to threads that don't question your integrity. As in, you can't come up with a compelling enough argument to respond to MY post. Yes, that's right, I'm calling you out. Say something besides "typical response from a battered wife". You've leaned on that faux pas of a cruch long enough.

Read my post questioning your character and resolve, then come up with a response. A real response. One that you've thought out. Until then, you are nothing more than another blow-hard. Here, I'll even put in a link for you:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1274150