I love Patriot fans blogs

pBills

They're right. It definitely sucks that an 11-5 team missed the playoffs, especially when an 8-8 Chargers team made it in. On the other hand, no team deserves to get screwed out of a playoff berth more than New England does, so to Patriot fans everywhere I say, f*** you, you buncha jackasses. You deserve what you got.

I agree though, as much as I hate the Patriots they should be in the playoffs not the Chargers. Imagine if Buffalo was the 11-5 teams, best season is YEARS!!!!!!!!! and you still dont get to the playoffs.........trust me you all would be going nuts including myself! You know the Patriots deserve to go more then San Diego! Its just too hard for you to say it. When the shoe is on the other foot, it would feel a little different.

Guess they shouldn't have gotten their asses kicked by those Chargers back in October, then.

This is just to funny how they whine...

A couple months ago we posted a blog with Hank Steinbrenner complaining about how the Yankees got screwed out of the playoffs because of the way the playoffs are set up. At the time I made fun of him for being an idiot. Well I’m not laughing anymore. Honestly there needs to be an asterix next to this year’s Superbowl Champion because they didn’t go through us and we’re as good and as hot as anybody in the league right now. And 11-5 should get you in the playoffs every single year. That’s how the founding fathers intended it to be. It’s just not fair that the Cardinals, Eagles and either Broncos or Chargers will be in the post season and we won’t. The league has to take a hard look at this and figure out a solution to rectify this problem. And I’m not talking about for the future either. I’m talking about right f-ing now! I don’t know whether that means declaring us the winner of the AFC East or creating a new playoff spot or what? But rules are made by human beings and human beings can break them when they spot an injustice and this is a friggin injustice. Seriously if the NFL wants this post season to be taken seriously then Goodell has to figure something out. If not this will just be like when the US boycotted the 1980 Olympics games. It will tarnish the entire competition because everybody knows they didn’t beat the best of the best. Is that what the country wants?

Lol, why would they just declare the Patriots the AFC East champions? I thought that teams agree to tie-breakers for a reason, haha

so be it Lori.....but a team with a 11-5 record needs to be in the playoffs.....that AFC west has costed the NFL.

You sound like Dick Jauron. Why must they be in the playoffs? What about all the other years where teams sat at home because they couldn't win their division but a Seattle or Chicago or Minnesota goes to the playoffs with a bad record.

Patsy fans are just pathetic. As my buddy and I use to say "life was never meant to be fair". Beat the fins once and you have the tie breaker. MLB is easy, NFL is just 16 games and each one counts. Maybe if the Pats went back to the hiking patriot they would feel better :thumbsup:

what a complete embarrassment to the nfl that this could happen. i hate the patriots as much as any of you, but it is disgraceful that an 8-8 team is playing when an 11-5 team isn't.

It is, but its the league's fault. They should have seen it coming when they went with these stupid four team divisions. Just wait, sooner or later, some team will win their division at 7-9 or 6-10. All hell is going to break loose when that happens.

Not even counting the 20-point beatdown of the Pats, the Chargers were an 8-8 team that would have been 9-7 without Ed Hochuli's blown call, and lost in Carolina by 2, at Pittsburgh by 1, and to the Colts by 3 on a 51-yard FG at the buzzer.

Pats and their fans can B word all they want, but I would remind them that an 11-5 Denver team sat at home in 1985, while the Pats -- who had finished THIRD in the AFCE with the same record -- ended up in the Super Bowl. What comes around goes around.

An 8-8 Chargers team that would have been 9-7 without Ed Hochuli's blown call, and lost in Carolina by 2, at Pittsburgh by 1, and to the Colts by 3 on a 51-yard FG at the buzzer.

Pats and their fans can B word all they want, but I would remind them that an 11-5 Denver team sat at home in 1985, while the Pats -- who had finished THIRD in the AFCE with the same record -- ended up in the Super Bowl. What comes around goes around.

Karma's a B word!!!

GO BILLS!!!

It is, but its the league's fault. They should have seen it coming when they went with these stupid four team divisions. Just wait, sooner or later, some team will win their division at 7-9 or 6-10. All hell is going to break loose when that happens.

What happens if the chargers (who made the playoffs with an 8-8 record) go on to the super bowl? Does that mean they do not deserve to be there because they won their division with an 8-8 record? The rules are set in place before the season starts and the owners vote on the rules so everything is fair. If you do not deserve to be in the playoffs you will lose in the first round. If not then that team is better than their record indicates.

What happens if the chargers (who made the playoffs with an 8-8 record) go on to the super bowl? Does that mean they do not deserve to be there because they won their division with an 8-8 record? The rules are set in place before the season starts and the owners vote on the rules so everything is fair. If you do not deserve to be in the playoffs you will lose in the first round. If not then that team is better than their record indicates.

I don't really care about the Chargers or the Patriots, or what they do in the playoffs. The point is, the league should've forseen situations like this when they realigned the divisions a few years ago. The system they have now is inviting a disaster scenario where a sub .500 team makes the playoffs as a division champion. The more teams you have in a division, the less likely it is that they'll all suck in a given year. Four teams? Its just not enough competition. Again, sooner or later, a 6-10 team is going to win a division and its going to be a major black eye against the league when it happens.

so be it Lori.....but a team with a 11-5 record needs to be in the playoffs.....that AFC west has costed the NFL.

"Costed" the NFL what, exactly? The Chargers won their division the Pats didn't. I find it difficult to sympathize with the Pats. I'm surprised anyone outside of NE can.

The Pats took care of a cake schedule and lost 5 games to current playoff teams (minus the Jets).

The Pats can go screw.

That is genius, SNL couldn't have done a better job parodying your typical Boston fan:

A couple months ago we posted a blog with Hank Steinbrenner complaining about how the Yankees got screwed out of the playoffs because of the way the playoffs are set up. At the time I made fun of him for being an idiot. Well I’m not laughing anymore.

(You see the irony, HE is the idiot now.)

Honestly there needs to be an asterix next to this year’s Superbowl Champion because they didn’t go through us and we’re as good and as hot as anybody in the league right now.

(This overstatement of the Patriots abilities brings back memories of "Da Bears" skits. Plus, mis-stating asterick as "asterix" in a thick Boston accent would be priceless)

And 11-5 should get you in the playoffs every single year. That’s how the founding fathers intended it to be.

(The founding fathers reference is a great touch. It is a perfect display of the ignorance of your typical Boston sports fan.)

It’s just not fair that the Cardinals, Eagles and either Broncos or Chargers will be in the post season and we won’t. The league has to take a hard look at this and figure out a solution to rectify this problem. And I’m not talking about for the future either. I’m talking about right f-ing now! I don’t know whether that means declaring us the winner of the AFC East or creating a new playoff spot or what? But rules are made by human beings and human beings can break them when they spot an injustice and this is a friggin injustice.

(Just ask Ted Kennedy, he breaks the rules(and laws) all the time. In fact, Teddy should be called on to have a Senate panel immediately to examine this GRAVE injustice.)

Seriously if the NFL wants this post season to be taken seriously then Goodell has to figure something out. If not this will just be like when the US boycotted the 1980 Olympics games. It will tarnish the entire competition because everybody knows they didn’t beat the best of the best. Is that what the country wants?

(This last part perfectly displays Bostonians notion that Boston is the center of the universe. The only thing I would add is a reference to the Boston Tea Party.)

I agree though, as much as I hate the Patriots they should be in the playoffs not the Chargers. Imagine if Buffalo was the 11-5 teams, best season is YEARS!!!!!!!!! and you still dont get to the playoffs.........trust me you all would be going nuts including myself! You know the Patriots deserve to go more then San Diego! Its just too hard for you to say it. When the shoe is on the other foot, it would feel a little different.

Years ago, the AFC Central was "championed" by 8-8 teams when teams from other divisions had better records. If the shoe was in the other foot, I would be pissed, BUT I would not be trying to change the rules for deciding who is in the playoffs. Also, consider the fact AFC East teams all had pretty easy schedules entering the season.

In fact based on 2007 standings, New England had the easiest schedule in the NFL!

Stats

The Patriots deserve to go home.