Drew026

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Centre or TE

Without serious upgrades to the offence, this team would need a defence that would overshadow the greatest defence ever in the NFL and have to hold teams to less then 7 points a game to keep the Bills chances alive.

The current defence is good enough to make the playoffs with an offence that can score more then 20 points a game. Once the offence is capable of that, they can continue building a much more dominant defence.

But as for the 2 players you listed, I would rather go with the D-linemen as that is a slightly bigger need then Safety.

Centre or TE

Without serious upgrades to the offence, this team would need a defence that would overshadow the greatest defence ever in the NFL and have to hold teams to less then 7 points a game to keep the Bills chances alive.

The current defence is good enough to make the playoffs with an offence that can score more then 20 points a game. Once the offence is capable of that, they can continue building a much more dominant defence.

But as for the 2 players you listed, I would rather go with the D-linemen as that is a slightly bigger need then Safety.

Explain to me what you've seen wrong, in the last 7 weeks, with the play of our Center that warrants the use of our first round pick.

Scuffling on the field with the opposing team when you just called a running play with 15 seconds left and have to run your kicking team out on the field. But wait, where's the guy who's supposed to snap the ball? Not to mention, both of the guys who play center for our team are mediocre at best.

Explain to me what you've seen wrong, in the last 7 weeks, with the play of our Center that warrants the use of our first round pick.

I think the last 20 seconds of the first half can answer part of that

Preston has been no better than Fowler and has really only looked good out there with Butler lined up next to him. We need someone to anchor that position. I like Max Unger in the late first round, not only a top notch center, but able to play effective across the entire line in college.

I still think a big time TE would be most effective at helping the offense move the ball though

1st pick has to be an impact player. Centers usually aren't drafted that high and neither are TE's. The Bills could probably use both but a 2nd round pick would probably suffice.

I'd say the position that could make the most impact for 2009 would be a LB or someone to help the pass rush at DE or DT that would displace one of our current slackers...um....I mean starters.

DE - but I will say that Mays is tempting - he is a maniac, super athlete hitting machine freak. He's bigger than Keith Ellison and Alvin Bowen and is a safety. But gotta go Defensive front 7 unless you really feel the guys left on the board aren't in the same ballpark as Mays.

1st pick has to be an impact player. Centers usually aren't drafted that high and neither are TE's. The Bills could probably use both but a 2nd round pick would probably suffice.

I'd say the position that could make the most impact for 2009 would be a LB or someone to help the pass rush at DE or DT that would displace one of our current slackers...um....I mean starters.

Agreed, taking a center that high cause our center sucks I think is how the term "reach" originated.

I would like to see either Everette Brown or Rey Maualuga in the first. While I think the O Line IS a glaring need, a pass rusher on the D would see a lot more impact than a new center. That being said, our round 2 pick should be a center. The top few center prospects look pretty good and one of them will likely drop to our spot in the 2nd.

Between Brown and Maualuga, i would make the decision based on moves in free agency. One of those two positions should be addressed before the draft comes.

Why do I bother arguing with these morons? :lol:

I agree that Duke has far outplayed Fowler and has played pretty well toward the end of the year. He had a huge mental F-up today and has some other flaws still though. #10 is too high for a Center usually anyhow in the draft. I'd like to see one taken in the 2nd or 3rd at least though.

I'm torn. I our d line right now except for the interior. We need a legit pass rusher and I've fallen in love with everette brown from florida stat but I also wouldn't mind having that freak safety from usc taylor mays

Ask us in two or three years, and we will tell you who the Bills SHOULD have drafted. Even if the guy they did draft is good, if a guy who was drafted later turns out to have better stats on a different team, we will bash the FO for making a stupid pick.

You would behappy with the bills sticking with preston? A guy who didn't realise the QB was in a shotgun position? Started a fight with the NE Defence today instead of hurrying back to set up for a FG with seconds left in the first half today?

Fowler lost his job to Preston, and there has been no difference in the play.

You would behappy with the bills sticking with preston? A guy who didn't realise the QB was in a shotgun position? Started a fight with the NE Defence today instead of hurrying back to set up for a FG with seconds left in the first half today?

Fowler lost his job to Preston, and there has been no difference in the play.

Preston is better most of the time, but as you note, makes some huge mental mistakes. (I see that snap you describe as a metaphor for the Bills' season.)

Fowler is smart, but not physical enough.

The Bills definitely need a Center. With a better Center I think Dockery will be fine...not great, maybe, but fine.