A Few Thoughts About The Game (and the season)

Bill from NYC

Well let's see...you've already used: no tight end, no second WR, injuries, schitty weather, schitty coaching, schitty offensive coordinator, schitty offensive line, schitty play-calling...

Now I see that next year - Trent's 3rd - is really like his rookie season 'cause it'll be his first full season, assuming the fraglile young lad doesn't get hurt again.

So it sounds like you guys have already borrowed the 'losman excuses', plus Bill's come up with some really creative new ones - our defensive line, d-backs, and 'the elements'! B-)

I was thinking more along the lines of, not treated fairly, jerked around, ruined by the franchise, injuries not his fault, not given a chance, not playing to his strengths, he tries so hard for the community, stuff like that. I just don't want to get in trouble for any copyright infringements.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking more along the lines of, not treated fairly, jerked around, ruined by the franchise, injuries not his fault, not given a chance, not playing to his strengths, he tries so hard for the community, stuff like that. I just don't want to get in trouble for any copyright infringements.

Oh you can use all of those as well. And I'm sure you will - next season - when Trent has a new head coach, new offensive coordinator, new offensive scheme to learn, new personnel, etc.

Trust me, you'll be citing all those things, and more, when Trent's new head coach yanks him from the starting lineup.

I know, next year will really be like trent's rookie year, and half of the games will be the "worst conditions i've ever seen" and he'll still be affected by his concussion.

Sounds eerily familiar, kind of like the excuses you used to make for John McCargo! B-)

Oh you can use all of those as well. And I'm sure you will - next season - when Trent has a new head coach, new offensive coordinator, new offensive scheme to learn, new personnel, etc.

Trust me, you'll be citing all those things, and more, when Trent's new head coach yanks him from the starting lineup.

Oh thanks I forgot about the new coach/coordinator and new scheme to learn excuse, that one was well used. B-) I don't see Trent getting yanked for poor play next season, knocked out due to injury, that's definitely a possibility.

So you are rooting against him just so you could be proven right? Admit it, you want the Bills to lose if Trent is the QB.

That's what it sounds like.

Wow! Just Wow!

Oh thanks I forgot about the new coach/coordinator and new scheme to learn excuse, that one was well used. B-) I don't see Trent getting yanked for poor play next season, knocked out due to injury, that's definitely a possibility.

Well, they'll probably call it an 'injury' when they yank him, anyway. :P

Actually, we got to use the new coach/new coordinator/new-scheme-to-learn 3 times! You probably won't have that luxury, but you could also cite severe depression when Dakota Fanning meets her first boyfriend.

All of this stupid QB talk.....put Todd Collins back there for all I care (which is what Bills fans deserve anyways). Put down your fantasy football notepads and watch the line play- you might (gasp) learn something about the sport. We have neglected the line since Polian was fired and we are where we are because of that and because of letting our free agent go- which was eloquently described ina previous post.

Sounds eerily familiar, kind of like the excuses you used to make for John McCargo! B-)

They were valid until he did nothing this year. Tough to fault a player who got injured for 11 games in his rookie year. He showed some promise at the end of '07. This year McCargo was healthy, had a full season under his belt, and he flopped. I wasn't making excuses, they were valid points. If i were still blaming his poor play on his rookie year injuries, then that would be making excuses.

Or we could be like you and expect every player to be all-stars out of the gate.

YOU THINK the concussion had nothing to do with the regression...especially after how he looked in the first five games. If you know anything about concussions, sometimes the effects will not bother you almost immediately--hence the San Diego game. His decision-making and confidence was definitley affected. If you are a Met fan and followed Ryan Church's situation you would understand what Trent went through and see a lot of similarities. Concussions have long-term effects.

The fact that you think a second year QB can't improve is ludicrous and shows your MAN-LOVE for JP. Does Trent have issues--yes? I wonder about his injuries, toughness in cold weather and leadership abilities. But his play has nothing to do with JP's. The fact is you want Trent to fail. So, get over yourself and root for your QB.

I think the fact teams had FILM on Trent had MORE to do with his POOR play than the SO CALLED concussion or was it a groin injury? I KNOW 2nd year QB's & all players for that matter can improve, but the fact is in his SECOND year Trent has now played almost as many games as JP played in 5 years, & thus far has shown no sign he is any better or will be any better than JP. The one thing Trent has proven is he is INJURY PRONE. I will root for Trent & the Bills as I did last Sunday.

I think the fact teams had FILM on Trent had MORE to do with his POOR play than the SO CALLED concussion or was it a groin injury? I KNOW 2nd year QB's & all players for that matter can improve, but the fact is in his SECOND year Trent has now played almost as many games as JP played in 5 years, & thus far has shown no sign he is any better or will be any better than JP. The one thing Trent has proven is he is INJURY PRONE. I will root for Trent & the Bills as I did last Sunday.
You are a great poster, I very much enjoy your posts!...hope you are still around next year! :sick: