if you could own a muscle car what would it be ?

NicholasCal1

i love the 65,66 and 67 pontiac gto. a good looking car with a lot of horse power. i also like the 69 roadrunner. the 60s was an exceptional time in our history for cars.

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL convertible, with a 4-speed, locking differential, and 427 wedge with dual 4 bbl carbs. :blush:

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsfo...0xl/758843.html

i love the 65,66 and 67 pontiac gto. a good looking car with a lot of horse power. i also like the 69 roadrunner. the 60s was an exceptional time in our history for cars.

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL convertible, with a 4-speed, locking differential, and 427 wedge with dual 4 bbl carbs. :blush:

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsfo...0xl/758843.html

Excellent choices!

A 1963 split window vette mostly for it's rarity.

A 1970 Super Bird Hemi.

1968 Shelby KR500

1987 Buick Grand National

The fastest car ever built by GM up to that time. I don't know if it still is but that thing was cool. They used to sell "I brake for Corvettes" bumper stickers for them.

Excellent choices!

A 1963 split window vette mostly for it's rarity.

A 1970 Super Bird Hemi.

1968 Shelby KR500

1987 Buick Grand National

The fastest car ever built by GM up to that time. I don't know if it still is but that thing was cool. They used to sell "I brake for Corvettes" bumper stickers for them.

Detroit used to make specials for drag racing, and NASCAR.

In addition to the Superbird and the Dodge Daytona, Ford made the Talledega Torino GT in 1969 with a bulbous drop-nose, and Dodge made the Charger 500 in 1968 (I think). It had a flush grille, and the back window was flush instead of recessed.

Developed in 1964, Ford dropped their 427 SOHC motor into the Galaxie in 1966. It would have killed the MoPars - but NASCAR banned it. The tunnel-port 427 wedge Ford motors were beating Chrysler - which is why they produced Superbird/Daytona. Ford retaliated with the 1969 Boss 429 motor - huge intake passages; you could drop a baseball through the intake manifold side of the heads. It would have murdered the Chryslers - but Ford dropped out of racing then.

The 1st Mustang CJ428's were sold in 1960 sans insulation for drag competition (The 428CJ being the 428 2-bolt main block, with large-valve 406 heads replacing the smaller 390 head).

In 1965, Dodge made the D/Stock Dart, 273 c.i. without a stitch of insulation, in 1966 Mercury sold a stripped down 390 Comet GT with functional scoops called the C/Stock Comet.

All three manufactures had all sorts of options available for competition. In 1968, Olds made a Cutlass version called the Ram-Rod 350, with ducted scoops under the front bumper and a cam profile with so much overlap it would barely idle - or so it was said.

Even AMC kicked in a few items, notably the compact Scrambler.

In addition to the Superbird and the Dodge Daytona, Ford made the Talledega Torino GT in 1969 with a bulbous drop-nose, and Dodge made the Charger 500 in 1968 (I think). It had a flush grille, and the back window was flush instead of recessed.

Developed in 1964, Ford dropped their 427 SOHC motor into the Galaxie in 1966. It would have killed the MoPars - but NASCAR banned it. The tunnel-port 427 wedge Ford motors were beating Chrysler - which is why they produced Superbird/Daytona. Ford retaliated with the 1969 Boss 429 motor - huge intake passages; you could drop a baseball through the intake manifold side of the heads. It would have murdered the Chryslers - but Ford dropped out of racing then.

The 1st Mustang CJ428's were sold in 1960 sans insulation for drag competition (The 428CJ being the 428 2-bolt main block, with large-valve 406 heads replacing the smaller 390 head).

In 1965, Dodge made the D/Stock Dart, 273 c.i. without a stitch of insulation, in 1966 Mercury sold a stripped down 390 Comet GT with functional scoops called the C/Stock Comet.

All three manufactures had all sorts of options available for competition. In 1968, Olds made a Cutlass version called the Ram-Rod 350, with ducted scoops under the front bumper and a cam profile with so much overlap it would barely idle - or so it was said.

ford also raced with the shelby cobra and the cyclone

ford also raced with the shelby cobra and the cyclone

Indeed they did.

Speaking of Cobras, there used to be a Ford garage up in Niagara Falls - Jerry Hamams' (don't know if they are still in business).

They ran cars up at the Niagara drag strip by the Air Force base - one was a blown 289 Mustang funny car, the other was a 289 cobra variant - the DragonSnake.

http://www.cobragt40.co.za/Dragon%20Snake.htm

I remember being up in NF sometime in 1967, and stopping by at Hamams'. They had 2 left-over 1966 Cobra 427s with no buyers (they were quite pricey for the times - 6K).

Wish I had the money back then... :blush:

The AMX

A muscle version of the Javelin.

Gotta love the A.G.D. :flirt: