the Poz is close

billybob

The Poz is only 9 tackles and two sacks away from tying John DiGiorgio's 2007 season he's already has tied his interceptions and pass defenses with 1 and 6 respectively - and get this he's already ahead in Forced fumbles with 1.

"trades Jason Peters to Philadelphia for their 1st and the Panthers 1st"

I don't see how two teams would trade their first round draft picks for the same player?? You must have an extravagant deal between the Eagles and Panthers in mind here, but won't you share it with the rest of us?? The Bills trade Jason Peters to the Eagles, who want him so badly they trade someone else to the Panthers for their first rounder, and then trade that to Buffalo too? Or, is it the Panthers that want Peters badly, and they trade for the Eagles first round pick, and package them both to Buffalo for Peters?

Either way, I think you are seriously dreaming. Peters is an amazing story, the undrafted rookie free agent tight end that becomes one of the best left tackles in the NFL, now heading to his second consecutive Pro Bowl. Tom Donahoes' one great acquisition. But I cannot believe he is worth two number one draft picks to any other NFL team. It makes no sense. Look at the Bills themselves. They won't even spend one third round draft pick on an offensive lineman. Ever. Most NFL teams have a decent left tackle already in place. No way does any team, even those that value offensive linemen more then the Bills, invest two number one picks on one left tackle.

I don't see how two teams would trade their first round draft picks for the same player?? You must have an extravagant deal between the Eagles and Panthers in mind here, but won't you share it with the rest of us?? The Bills trade Jason Peters to the Eagles, who want him so badly they trade someone else to the Panthers for their first rounder, and then trade that to Buffalo too? Or, is it the Panthers that want Peters badly, and they trade for the Eagles first round pick, and package them both to Buffalo for Peters?

Either way, I think you are seriously dreaming. Peters is an amazing story, the undrafted rookie free agent tight end that becomes one of the best left tackles in the NFL, now heading to his second consecutive Pro Bowl. Tom Donahoes' one great acquisition. But I cannot believe he is worth two number one draft picks to any other NFL team. It makes no sense. Look at the Bills themselves. They won't even spend one third round draft pick on an offensive lineman. Ever. Most NFL teams have a decent left tackle already in place. No way does any team, even those that value offensive linemen more then the Bills, invest two number one picks on one left tackle.

the Eagles have the Panthers number one now- also Detroit has Dallas number one

Don't know this board well enough to know if the OP is being sarcastic, but I sure hope he is.

Worse numbers in 15 games starting this season than DiGiorgio had in basically 13+ games last year. Woo hoo, God Bless the Great White Hope.

If you don't know me by now- everybody sing!!

The Poz is only 9 tackles and two sacks away from tying John DiGiorgio's 2007 season he's already has tied his interceptions and pass defenses with 1 and 6 respectively - and get this he's already ahead in Forced fumbles with 1.

The Bills made a big mistake when they tried to make Poz a MLB. He was at his best at Penn St. when he was playing WLB and did not have to rely on instincts and change of direction. He is a poor MLB, he is terrible in space and gets blown up at the point of attack. Another brilliant move by Marv. Then again Levy drafted Whitner 8th overall, traded up for Mccargo, signed Dicky J., did not franchise an 80 million dollar corner, signed Price, Royal, Triplett, Reyes and Fowler and picked D. Wright. Which begs the question, which position was Marv more incompetent at, coach or GM?

Poz is very overrated by many Bills fans, and an average MLB on a good day.

The more pathetic thing (if true), was Marv stating after the draft that they had Poz rated higher than Willis on their board.

I tend to think this was typical PR spin, and god I hope I am right for once.

Poz is not meant to be a MLB. He played his best ball at Penn St. when playing the LOLB position. He's most effective having the freedom to roam at a LB spot and not being the guy in charge. He would be extremely effective blitzing from one of the other LB spots as well. We should move Poz to ROLB and go after Aaron Curry in the draft. Curry is this year's "Patrick Willis". That's the guy (Patrick Willis) alot of us were hoping to land a couple of years ago, but San Fran beat us to it.

"Poz is better", some say way better, "on the outside"

Folks, how much film do we have on Poz manning either of the OLB positions?

It may be that Poz is just an average player, or that he may come on next year

(as this was his firt full year, being hurt early last year).

Poz is not meant to be a MLB. He played his best ball at Penn St. when playing the LOLB position. He's most effective having the freedom to roam at a LB spot and not being the guy in charge. He would be extremely effective blitzing from one of the other LB spots as well. We should move Poz to ROLB and go after Aaron Curry in the draft. Curry is this year's "Patrick Willis". That's the guy (Patrick Willis) alot of us were hoping to land a couple of years ago, but San Fran beat us to it.

Poz is too slow to play OLB-

The OLB needs to be a playmaking wrecking ball - POZ is a slow white guy on a defense overloaded with them.

Does anyone else think that DiGiorgio's numbers were inflated b/c he had no help in front? Poz hasn't had to make nearly as many tackles downfield as DiGiorgio did last year, at least to my observation.

You don't get it. Who cares if Poz missed all of last season and is essentially a rookie? Who cares that anyone who uses tackle #s to determine a defensive player's worth is one of the dumbest football fans around? Who cares that the Bills are much better defense than they were last year?

You don't get it. Any young player who doesn't make a pro bowl right away = bust. McKelvin is lucky he got his act together or he'd be on the bus with Losman. :blush:

Any objective observer would agree that Poz is a better player than Digeorgio. He probaly would be very good as a weak side LB, but we do not have a viable MLB alternative right now. Given that the Bills mostly play out of a cover 2 set he drops back in coverage a huge amount of the time. I like his effort and attitude and he will probably start to excel in the next two years.

No question this defense is better than last year's D. So I will give Poz a grade of B on the season....good not great but good and has a very good future.