the Poz is close

billybob

Any objective observer would agree that Poz is a better player than Digeorgio. He probaly would be very good as a weak side LB, but we do not have a viable MLB alternative right now. Given that the Bills mostly play out of a cover 2 set he drops back in coverage a huge amount of the time. I like his effort and attitude and he will probably start to excel in the next two years.

No question this defense is better than last year's D. So I will give Poz a grade of B on the season....good not great but good and has a very good future.

Please stop being reasonable!!! Poz sucks and is a bust!!! :blush:

I like Poz, can see his mistakes but he is young and MLB like QB takes time. Both I hope get better. I think he has better personnel around him this year than DG had last year, but on his shoulder he has crap and in front on the ends more crap so who knows how good he is really?

"Poz is better", some say way better, "on the outside"

Folks, how much film do we have on Poz manning either of the OLB positions?

It may be that Poz is just an average player, or that he may come on next year

(as this was his firt full year, being hurt early last year).

Watch his Freshman through Junior years at Penn St. prior to his knee injury.

Poz is too slow to play OLB-

The OLB needs to be a playmaking wrecking ball - POZ is a slow white guy on a defense overloaded with them.

And do you consider Crowell fast? He manned an OLB position. Poz needs to be allowed to play instinctively like he did his first 3 years at Penn St. He's not cut out to make all of the defensive calls and it is what's causing him to look slow on the field. The guy is thinking too much instead of just playing football. If he continues to be misused, then yeah, he'll look like just another slow white guy. He can be a very good LB in this league if he's moved to an outside spot. His acceleration and closing burst are excellent when he just plays the game.

Is this a repeat of the same thread we had a few weeks back?

PP is an average NFL LB right now. He essentially is about to complete his first NFL season. There is still hope that he can be a very good LB.

Based on what I have seen so far, he is no Patrick Willis. He is no Shane Conlan. He is a guy who has a habit of running around blockers, overpursuing, and making tackles downfield.

I have not given up hope yet. Nevertheless, I cannot get that play out of my head when Clinton Portis ran over him at the goal line in the preseason. Portis just wanted to get into the endzone more than PP wanted to make a tackle.

Poz is a better OLB than Middle, Move him to OLB and put Digi in the middle, dump ellison, see what Bowen can do next season and draft a stud MLB, or get one in free agency.

Isn't Vilma a free agent this year? if so maybe we could sign him and and move POZ outside.