Two Bills named as Pro Bowl alternates...

Buftex

According to Chris Brown:

Lynch and Stroud alternates for Pro Bowl

By Chris Brown - Posted December 24th, 2008

Buffalobills.com has confirmed that Marshawn Lynch and Marcus Stroud were named alternates for the AFC squad for this year’s Pro Bowl.

Lynch is ranked fourth in the AFC this season in rushing with 1,036 yards on the season. He needs 80 this week to top his total from 2007.

Marcus Stroud is fourth on the team in tackles with 77 and is tied for second on the team in tackles for loss with 6. He also has 2.5 sacks.

Congrats to them both.

I was kind of surprised that Stroud was selected. Not so much that I think he isn't deserving, just the only "reviews" I have heard of his play this season, have been negative. Imagine what he could do with real NFL defensive ends on each side...

I was kind of surprised that Stroud was selected. Not so much that I think he isn't deserving, just the only "reviews" I have heard of his play this season, have been negative. Imagine what he could do with real NFL defensive ends on each side...

Wasn't the general line before the season about how Stroud was going to make our defensive ends look better by eating up potential double teams on the inside? That hasn't happened.

Wasn't the general line before the season about how Stroud was going to make our defensive ends look better by eating up potential double teams on the inside? That hasn't happened.

I wonder how much better our DE's would look if our best DE wasn't out most of the season, though. It's not like any of us expected Kelsay and Denney to be top level DEs

That was the general line and Stroud has been double teamed. Our defensive ends are just awful. They're backup caliber players, one of whom commited highway robbery against the Bills with his salary.

Congrats to Stroud and Lynch. Well deserved. Maybe next year we can feed Lynch the ball a bit more, while surrounding Stroud with actual talent.

The Pro Bowl is a sham! Every year these guys love making the Pro Bowl so that they can negotiate for more money and at the same time many of the Pro Bowlers opt not to play in the game. By the time the Pro Bowl comes around there are like 75 so called "Pro Bowlers" in each conference.

Actually he has improved the RUn defense tremendously....However, with Schoebel missing most of the season, it has been hard for STroud to continue penetrate the inside and rush the QB....Look at Strouds play before and after Schoebels injury.

That was the general line and Stroud has been double teamed. Our defensive ends are just awful. They're backup caliber players, one of whom commited highway robbery against the Bills with his salary.

Congrats to Stroud and Lynch. Well deserved. Maybe next year we can feed Lynch the ball a bit more, while surrounding Stroud with actual talent.

What he said! :unsure:

Buffalobills.com has confirmed that Marshawn Lynch and Marcus Stroud were named alternates for the AFC squad for this year’s Pro Bowl.

Lynch is ranked fourth in the AFC this season in rushing with 1,036 yards on the season. He needs 80 this week to top his total from 2007.

Marcus Stroud is fourth on the team in tackles with 77 and is tied for second on the team in tackles for loss with 6. He also has 2.5 sacks.

Congrats to them both.

Cool for both especially Lynch. He has played very hard this season. I look forward to seeing what he will do next year.

I was kind of surprised that Stroud was selected. Not so much that I think he isn't deserving, just the only "reviews" I have heard of his play this season, have been negative. Imagine what he could do with real NFL defensive ends on each side

I wonder how much better our DE's would look if our best DE wasn't out most of the season, though. It's not like any of us expected Kelsay and Denney to be top level DEs

Yeah, neither one of those DE's are as menacing and disruptive as Schobel. You have to be kidding me! Denney is better than Schobel, yes that's right, better than Schobel.

Yeah, neither one of those DE's are as menacing and disruptive as Schobel. You have to be kidding me! Denney is better than Schobel, yes that's right, better than Schobel.

HA HA HA!!!!! Denney better than Schobel!!!!! HA HA HA!!!!!!! thanx, I needed a laugh!

You can't be serious.

I do think Denney is better than Kelsay, though.

I guess the bottom line is that these aren't the 3 DEs you want heading into the future, for a lot of reasons.

I think our best defensive end is the one we draft in Round 1 of the 2009 Draft, unless there is somebody in free agency that we can lure away (unlikely).

If you're gonna be smoking something that strong, you should share with the rest of us :lol:

Cool for both especially Lynch. He has played very hard this season. I look forward to seeing what he will do next year.

I was kind of surprised that Stroud was selected. Not so much that I think he isn't deserving, just the only "reviews" I have heard of his play this season, have been negative. Imagine what he could do with real NFL defensive ends on each side

Especially if the OC had put the ball in the hands of Lynch against SF, Cleveland and NY Jets......We would be talking Playoffs.

Kelsay is paid like a top level DE, so apparently russ brandon thought he should be.

Congrats to them both.

Actually, those are precisely the two names I would have guessed.

HA HA HA!!!!! Denney better than Schobel!!!!! HA HA HA!!!!!!! thanx, I needed a laugh!

Tell me what Schobel gives that Denney doesn't, because Schobel hasn't been able to rush the passer in over 2 years. His skills and quickness is gone, he even said it himself. Now people still like him because he's "good against the run." Well, aside from the occasional lapse on reverses, so is Denney. And I believe Denney also has the most sacks on the team.

2 years ago it would be a travesty to compare Schobel and Denney. But right now, they are equal players.