Trent Edwards & Josh Reed

Dwight Drane

When Trent Edwards and Josh Reed both are healthy and play more than a half of football together, the Buffalo Bills are 6-0 and have covered the spread in 5 of 6.

When either of those two have missed a game or are injured during the game (Arizona, Miami, SF), the Bills are 0-8 and are 1-7 against the spread.

I still contend that this is a talented team that threw the season away in the draft by passing up on intelligent receiving threats that can work the middle of the field in order to take homerun chances on guys that are less than a sure thing. You can put some real blame on coaching, but coaches look a lot better when they have players on the field that know where they are supposed to be and that are reliable.

When Trent Edwards and Josh Reed both are healthy and play more than a half of football together, the Buffalo Bills are 6-0 and have covered the spread in 5 of 6.

When either of those two have missed a game or are injured during the game (Arizona, Miami, SF), the Bills are 0-8 and are 1-7 against the spread.

I still contend that this is a talented team that threw the season away in the draft by passing up on intelligent receiving threats that can work the middle of the field in order to take homerun chances on guys that are less than a sure thing. You can put some real blame on coaching, but coaches look a lot better when they have players on the field that know where they are supposed to be and that are reliable.

when i clean the toilet the bills are 5-3

I'd like to see the Bills give Steve Johnson a real shot at the #2 receiver spot starting with these last two games. Throw him the rock and see what he can do.

i'm interested as well, however, did you see that reverse last week? He looked pretty darn slow. Def. want to see more though.

Please link the post before draft where you stated this. also let us know what receivers you would have taken. and find the related posts that names these guys.

Please link the post before draft where you stated this. also let us know what receivers you would have taken. and find the related posts that names these guys.

Just look at my profile and posts in April of '08. You can scan them very fast.

I wanted Malcolm Kelly and John Carlson. My main point was that Trent Edward's biggest asset is his head and that Reed was our only receiving threat over the middle.

This team fell apart when Josh Reed went down. Edwards had nobody he could trust once Lee Evans was locked down.

How's the bunker doing nowadays?

Great...thanks.

It's amazing how easy it is to find someone to keep shoveling for me for a few bucks now as opposed to last year at this time when the same people were laughing at me.

Don't worry Joe...when they take your fingers one by one, it isn't as obvious as when they chop your entire hand off.

Well, Carlson was taken before the Bills' 2nd round selection, and Kelly has been even worse than Hardy.

Since you assume no flexibility, I'll just say the Bills could have taken Carlson first...or Dustin Keller, then Kelly in the 2nd.

I had 3 guys targeted in a 1st rd trade down, and it is posted in my profile.....Antoine Cason, Kelly and Carlson. Brains and talent will outperform no brains and talent pretty much all the time. Look at New England. It is a simple formula.

PS, if Kelly's knee isn't used up, he will be a much better receiver than Hardy. Now that Hardy is hurt, he is useless. I also said that Hardy was the one receiver I WOULDN'T draft and that he wasn't strong enough to support his size which would lead to no quickness and knee injury. That is why I was even more miffed they took a chance on his character.

Since you assume no flexibility, I'll just say the Bills could have taken Carlson first...or Dustin Keller, then Kelly in the 2nd.

I had 3 guys targeted in a 1st rd trade down, and it is posted in my profile.....Antoine Cason, Kelly and Carlson. Brains and talent will outperform no brains and talent pretty much all the time. Look at New England. It is a simple formula.

PS, if Kelly's knee isn't used up, he will be a much better receiver than Hardy. Now that Hardy is hurt, he is useless. I also said that Hardy was the one receiver I WOULDN'T draft and that he wasn't strong enough to support his size which would lead to no quickness and knee injury. That is why I was even more miffed they took a chance on his character.

Regarding flexibility, you need a trade partner. You can't make-up trade scenarios in a vacuum. McKelvin was an excellent pick at 11th overall, considering you had a DB targeted in the 1st round (albeit after a trade down), McKelvin leads the NFL in return yardage and soon will lead in return average, and has shown great potential as a DB. Keller and Carlson would have been huge reaches, albeit it they would have been nice additions in the 2nd round.

Kelly had major character issues as well, to go along with major physical questions. So far Hardy has been a model citizen (and you're about to be down $100 :P ) and Kelly is proving to be what he was looking like pre-draft: a bust. And Limas Sweed, the other guy who was highly sought-after by Bills fans, has also not done much.