I am now a Red Sox fan...

CHARLIE GIBSON: "Well, well said, Curt and Shonda. You both have certainly lifelong membership now in the Red Sox nation. It was a great thing to watch, and I think everybody – whether they were great Red Sox fans or not — had to admire what this team did. It was extraordinary, and one of the great stories of sport. And sport always produces such great stories. Curt, Shonda, great to have you with us. Congratulations."

SCHILLING: "And make sure you tell everybody to vote, and vote Bush next week."

CHARLIE GIBSON: "Well, well said, Curt and Shonda. You both have certainly lifelong membership now in the Red Sox nation. It was a great thing to watch, and I think everybody – whether they were great Red Sox fans or not — had to admire what this team did. It was extraordinary, and one of the great stories of sport. And sport always produces such great stories. Curt, Shonda, great to have you with us. Congratulations."

89398[/snapback]

Guess he won't be snuggling up to Johnny Kerry at the victory parade..... <_<

There is an obvious response from the libs on this one, we'll see how long it takes them.  They may be too busy trying to find a terrorist willing to blow something up with the "missing" explosives.

89464[/snapback]

The libs right now are contacting Buckner to see if he'll push people to vote for Kerry.

One glaring error deserves another.

There is an obvious response from the libs on this one, we'll see how long it takes them. They may be too busy trying to find a terrorist willing to blow something up with the "missing" explosives.

Okay libs -- I'll start giving hints.

Hint #1 - Johnny Damon

Don't ya hate when actors or singers start spewing their politics on the public just because they're famous? Why should we listen to them? God, I hate that. Why don't you stick to what you do, you don't know anything about politics. Man, who do these people think they are?  :D

90037[/snapback]

I'm with you.

I wager that Bruce Springsteen carries more weight than Curt Schilling. And I further wager that neither one carries enough weight to sway the outcome of an election.

Take your comfort where you may. Far be it from me to burst the bubble of unreality which seems to be characteristic of George WMD Bush and his fervent supporters.

I wager that Bruce Springsteen carries more weight than Curt Schilling.  And I further wager that neither one carries enough weight to sway the outcome of an election.

Take your comfort where you may.  Far be it from me to burst the bubble of unreality which seems to be characteristic of George WMD Bush and his fervent supporters.

90128[/snapback]

Sure he does. Lots of people can identify with very rich adulterers.

I wager that Bruce Springsteen carries more weight than Curt Schilling.  And I further wager that neither one carries enough weight to sway the outcome of an election.

Take your comfort where you may.  Far be it from me to burst the bubble of unreality which seems to be characteristic of George WMD Bush and his fervent supporters.

90128[/snapback]

I think that you are right. bruce does carry more weight then Schilling.......with the dopers, crack heads, and whinos.

89398[/snapback]

I was laughing my ass off. charlie just about choked on his tongue when he heard that....he was nearly speechless.

On a side note...Schilling will be campaigning on Friday and Saturday with the President. Way to go Kurt...class act all the way!

I wish I were famous because it'd be a lot easier to fill an auditorium with people and tell them how important it is to keep Kerry from becoming president.

Frankly I think what Schilling is doing is very interesting given that he just played uber-hero in the World Series, what with that bloody ankle and all. I'm surprised he wouldn't spend more time tending to that since the iron is hot.

Springsteen is Springsteen. His iron is always hot...or at least it stays pretty warm. He can do this anytime. This is Schilling's big moment. And he's cruising around with the President. I find that interesting.

How's Schilling any different than Micheal Moore..He is famous and getting a plug for his candidate.......Granted Schilling didn't make up stories but just said "Vote Bush"...I wish that's all Hollywood or sports or whoever would say...Vote so and so and leave it at that.

How's Schilling any different than Micheal Moore..He is famous and getting a plug for his candidate.......Granted Schilling didn't make up stories but just said "Vote Bush"...I wish that's all Hollywood or sports or whoever would say...Vote so and so and leave it at that.

90443[/snapback]

I don't mind Shilling (sic) doing what he is doing. He is one of my favorite athletes in all of sports, and he's a great guy. If he wants to support Bush and go on national TV for him and campaign with him, go for it. Just don't complain when Sean Penn or the Dixie Chicks or some other actor or singer or sports guy does it for the Democrats.

One GREAT little political thing Schilling just did was during the series his wife told him that the camera was always on his shoe during the first game because of the injury. So the next game he pitched, Schilling wrote KALS on his shoes to promote his favorite cause, Strikeout for ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease). I dug that, too.

Frankly I think what Schilling is doing is very interesting given that he just played uber-hero in the World Series, what with that bloody ankle and all.

The heros are fighting in Iraq & Afghanistan - he's just a rich guy who plays baseball for a living.

I compare Schilling to Ben Affleck. He's somebody that supports his candidate and promotes him.

He is NOT Michael Moore or any of these other celeberties, who wants anybody that isn't Bush and trashes the opponent every chance he gets, most of them just because its the "cool" thing to do in Hollywood.