Bills sign OT Jonathan Scott

sullim4

Awesome. A guy who couldn't crack the starting lineup for the Detroit Lions, the most awful team perhaps in the history of the game. Bring him on!

Consider the quality of the personnell management in Detroit.

Now tell me unequivocably that being rejected by Matt Millen is a bad thing.

Consider the quality of the personnell management in Detroit.

Now tell me unequivocably that being rejected by Matt Millen is a bad thing.

Good point.

I remember writing about him in one of the Lions previews -- think they actually benched George Foster midway through last season to play Scott, who promptly got hurt and ended up on I.R. To be honest, I was surprised nobody else had picked him up ... he's not great, but I didn't think he was overly terrible, either. Just a guy.

And with Peters, Walker, and rookie Demetrius Bell all signed for at least two more years, Scott could potentially replace Kirk Chambers, who will become a free agent at the end of the season.

I admit I was high on him prior to his draft year and followed his career and while hasn't lived up to my expectations it doesn't mean he couldn't be a solid backup.

I remember, Jokeman. I liked him too. He was a good signing for the Bills. He's the 5th OT, with Chambers on the cusp (FA).

I'd rather Scott back up the left side than Chambers or Bell, so I like the signing. He's probably just as good for the right side too, so all in all a good move IMO. Now if we can bring in a Jason Brown at center or draft one of the top 3 centers while bringing back Preston as an interior G, C, G backup, I'll feel pretty good about the O-line situation. :wallbash: For those writing him off because of the whole "he was on the Lions" thing, you are just uninformed. Scott has the skills to be a decent player in this league, and a fine backup.

I'd rather Scott back up the left side than Chambers or Bell, so I like the signing. He's probably just as good for the right side too, so all in all a good move IMO. Now if we can bring in a Jason Brown at center or draft one of the top 3 centers while bringing back Preston as an interior G, C, G backup, I'll feel pretty good about the O-line situation. :wallbash: For those writing him off because of the whole "he was on the Lions" thing, you are just uninformed. Scott has the skills to be a decent player in this league, and a fine backup.

People said the same thing about Langston Walker coming from the Raiders, and he's worked out pretty well here from what I can tell.