Bledsoe angrily defends himself

DPR4444

Okay, so Drew defended himself......he tried to make a case that the blame for our losses doesn't rest on his shoulders to the degree that many would lead you to believe. Great! The only problem is that a lot of us who have been critical of Bledsoe have been saying that the real problem is not so much that Bledsoe has contributed to the losses, but he's NOT contributing to WINNING. What about that, Drew?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally the guy is getting fired up. The difference is that he can't carry the team on his shoulders, even if he tries. A player like Favre or Manning could. Even Brunell could do that at some point.

Bledsoe can't.

I also seem to recall Jim Kelly calling out Ballard after a bad game against the Colts.  I seem to recall that Bills team going to the playoffs that year, and then going to four straight Superbowls starting the following year.

89317[/snapback]

In other words, this 1-5 season is just a stepping stone for a Drew-led run of 4 consecutive AFC titles.

nothing like indicting the offensive line. That must really make them want to block all that much harder for him.

But more important... he indicted himself. "I don't know what more I can do". Bingo!!! That says it all. He's given the Bills everything he's got...alas, it aint enough to add up to a win. So, he doesn't know what else he can do? Well, a QB has to WIN... and you can't do that if you don't have the will to WIN.

Because the Bills were a combined 29-10 with Flutie in there. Not a whole lot went wrong

Then why did all the Flutie-supporters not mind when he never took responsibility for *anything* that went wrong?

89317[/snapback]

Three weeks ago, it was "Drew needs to be a leader! Call out his teammates publicly and challenge them to do better! That's what Kelly did!" This weeks he does it and so it's "Drew needs to be a leader! He needs to take responsibility himself instead of blaming his teammates! He's going to lose his team that way!"

<_<

Way to blame everyone else but yourself, DB. I bet the other players love reading that.

89268[/snapback]

How can he prevent 4th quarter collapses by the #2 defense in the league and how is he supposed to make the receivers stop dropping balls?

The I.Q. of this board is spiraling downwards and I never thought that would ever happen!!!

<_<

Because the Bills were a combined 29-10 with Flutie in there.  Not a whole lot went wrong

89368[/snapback]

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

The NFL's number 1 defense had nothing to do with that!

Tell me, how many times did we score over 21 points?

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

What part of that Drew outburst was not the truth ?

This o-line freaking sucks and I don't care if JP is qbing or Joe Montana, this team will continue to lose until it's fixed.

Could you imagine if Kelly was playing behind this line ? There would have been at least a half dozen fights by now within the lockerroom, media, and on the field.

Then why did all the Flutie-supporters not mind when he never took responsibility for *anything* that went wrong?

I also seem to recall Jim Kelly calling out Ballard after a bad game against the Colts.  I seem to recall that Bills team going to the playoffs that year, and then going to four straight Superbowls starting the following year.

I think people here read too much into player/coaches comments...

CW

89317[/snapback]

Good points - When Drew accepts responsilbility, he's jumped on by the resident "experts." When he defends himself, he's "not being a team player."

As Dan Gross posted yesterday, sometimes you just can't win...

I, for one, am glad that he's holding his teammates' feet to the fire. He's not being disruptive by naming names, but he's making it known that he needs them to do their job. I agree with him there, it is a team sport afterall.

A tone of voice or the tambre in which one speaks is NOT leadership. Applauding the positives and holding those accountable for the negatives is exactly what he did in this press conference. Sounds like a leader to me...

He is correct.

I do not blame him for not wanting to be the fall guy for everything.  For the past few years, he has accepted all of the BS that has thrown his way.

Enough is enough.

89330[/snapback]

great- maybe if he made just 1 play to score from the red zone, maybe someone would take him seriously.

Good points - When Drew accepts responsilbility, he's jumped on by the resident "experts."  When he defends himself, he's "not being a team player."

As Dan Gross posted yesterday, sometimes you just can't win...

I, for one, am glad that he's holding his teammates' feet to the fire.  He's not being disruptive by naming names, but he's making it known that he needs them to do their job.  I agree with him there, it is a team sport afterall. 

A tone of voice or the tambre in which one speaks is NOT leadership.  Applauding the positives and holding those accountable for the negatives is exactly what he did in this press conference.  Sounds like a leader to me...

89484[/snapback]

Great post.