Edwards Injury

robkmil

Before you call other people nutjob, you should take a look in the mirror. Seriously, Edwards is in his 2nd year in the NFL. What the hell did you expect? A pro bowl? There is nothing that makes someone look dumber than making wild assumptions about a young football player. Newsflash: you don't know crap.

And for the record, you never say me say Edwards is the answer. Btu he is the best QB on the roster and has shown enough good things to have hope in him for next year. If he has a similar season next year, then you shoudl talk about getting a new QB. But any of that talk now is foolish and stupid.

I agree 100%.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If he has a similar season next year, then you shoudl talk about getting a new QB.

The Bills can't wait until 2010. JP Losman has 2 more games and he's history. Seriously, Hamdan hasn't even beaten out Losman for playing time. He hasn't had 1 second of playing time as a Buffalo Bill. And, Edwards has been hurt and missed games 2 out of 2 years.

To not address the need for a quality backup QB and even a QB that can push Edwards for the starting job this off-season will be more business as usual for the Buffalo Bills. It will be a clusterphuk waiting to happen. The Bills need to bring in better QB competition in 2009 and not throw away another season with little more than omphaloskepsis to show for it.

I was just getting ready to post this. They said that offseason surgery is more likely than putting him on IR and doing it now, but never gave a reason as to why.

My take is that its a torn groin, but not all the way through, so the healing process is much less than a full tear and they can afford to wait out the season.

If he has a so called torn groin, then why the hell is he even suited up? That's a BS excuse.

There is no groin problem, there is no concussion problem. The problem is he really isn't that good of a QB and got benched!

Deal with it!

Sorry I attempted to insult the white knight. While I call people nutjobs for thinking Trent Edwards has a concussion injury, the real nutjobs are the people insulting JP Losman fans because they make excuses, when I have to endure the same old 2nd year excuse. Fine. It was his second year. And in that second year he played the worst string of four games I've ever seen. Wait? What's that you say? It was an injury? Good you've addressed the problem, he's injury prone, I'm glad you've decided on the problem. Now that we've diagnosed him, move on and get a new (unbroken) quarterback.

Look, I'm calling PTR a nutjob because I've defended my stance against the concussion with him several times. I'll look in the mirror if you want me to buddy, but I need you people to get over Trent. Beginning with saying that you don't call him the answer is fine. But if you go that far, let's just come together, stop making excuses, and be gone with Captain dump off.

It is entirely possible that Trent isn't as good. However, he is better than Losman and should have started. Losman has had more chances than Jason Voorhes. He sucks. Trent will never suck as bad as Losman. There have been at least 7 or 8 games in a little over a season where Trent has shown he is a real deal NFL QB. You struggle to find that many for Losman in 4 years.

So again before I'd dismiss Edwards, I'd like to allow him more than 2 seasons. i'm a weirdo that way.

Funny how when ever someone criticizes trent, the immediate responses are about JP Losman. Losman is gone is 2 weeks, so he is irrelevant to the conversation. Trent Edwards was handed the starting QB job and he's our starter. What is relevant is trent's poor play, particularly against good teams. Pardon me for wanting actual "good," and not just "better than the last guy."

As for allowing him 2 more seasons, are you talking allowing him 2 more years or 32 more starts? Because 32 starts from him would probably push into the 3-4 year range.

Funny how when ever someone criticizes trent, the immediate responses are about JP Losman. Losman is gone is 2 weeks, so he is irrelevant to the conversation. Trent Edwards was handed the starting QB job and he's our starter. What is relevant is trent's poor play, particularly against good teams. Pardon me for wanting actual "good," and not just "better than the last guy."

As for allowing him 2 more seasons, are you talking allowing him 2 more years or 32 more starts? Because 32 starts from him would probably push into the 3-4 year range.

I'd give him another year, injury or not. Because if he struggles with injuries, then it is time to move on as well. I wanted the same thign with Losman.

Again, I've never said TE is 100% the answer. But he is by far and way the best QB on the team. He's shown some great things and some crappy things. But coaches and QBs (unless something extreme comes up) deserves at least 3 years before making a good judgment on their abilities.

I been saying since the minute they pulled him. He's faking it.

You think a guy gets to this level of football and fakes an injury because he struggles a bit? You think the coaches would fake this to play JP, which makes absolutely no sense at all?

I'm sorry but this borders on the stupidest thing I've ever read. You are a complete moron if you seriously believe this, I mean come on!

The Bills are covering up the fact they rushed Edwards back too soon after his concussion. They are parking him for the season so he has a chance to recover by next year.

PTR

I totally agree: He has not been himself since he took that wicked hit, and subsequent concussion, in AZ. And, on the last play of the first half against S.F., he got slammed to the ground so that his head bounced off of the turf. He hasn't played since.

I totally agree: He has not been himself since he took that wicked hit, and subsequent concussion, in AZ. And, on the last play of the first half against S.F., he got slammed to the ground so that his head bounced off of the turf. He hasn't played since.

Actually he beat San Diego. One of the better teams we've beaten.

Well said, this talk of faking injury or Trent being benched is ridiculous to even suggest. This board is unreal, we have some real winners hanging around here.

Then why are you agreeing with the guy I'm dissenting with? I think this board is unreal as well. Can you believe people think that Trent's real injury is being concealed? That's nonsense. He's hurt, which is something we have to get used to as he will most likely be our leader into mediocrity until 2011.

Actually he beat San Diego. One of the better teams we've beaten.

Then why are you agreeing with the guy I'm dissenting with? I think this board is unreal as well. Can you believe people think that Trent's real injury is being concealed? That's nonsense. He's hurt, which is something we have to get used to as he will most likely be our leader into mediocrity until 2011.

Dr. Murra says win one game and you are cured of your concussion. :D After all, concussion symptoms never come back, right? Even after getting your head smacked hard again.

PTR

Dr. Murra says win one game and you are cured of your concussion. :D After all, concussion symptoms never come back, right? Even after getting your head smacked hard again.

PTR

Amazing how concussion symptoms reappear against good teams and then disappear against crappy ones, huh?

PTR

We've crossed this bridge. I'm a recipient of concussions through sports. If this is Trent's first, like he says, there is no way this is affecting him. The team doctors, Trent himself, anyone aside from hoping message boarders would lead us to something that hints that.

I'm actually done arguing it, because you exaggerate the power of lingering effects. If two weeks after an incident, you can still perform like Trent did vs. San Diego the issue is dead. It doesn't act up months later if you're fine 14 days later.

Really. He got a concussion, doctors said he was fine, he went on to win. He goes on a 4 game losing streak of fury, and looks so bad in lime-light that I too wished he was concussed, but unfortunately that's not the case. I'm done arguing this after the post though, and considering all concussion conspirators to be worse excuse makers than JP fanboys.

You think a guy gets to this level of football and fakes an injury because he struggles a bit? You think the coaches would fake this to play JP, which makes absolutely no sense at all?

I'm sorry but this borders on the stupidest thing I've ever read. You are a complete moron if you seriously believe this, I mean come on!

How about this...

Did you actually think a manager would bet on his own baseball team to win or lose? It happened!

Did you actually think an NBA referee would purposly make fantom calls and other things that directly affect the outcome of games? It happened!

And those are the ones that were caught. Who knows how many back ally deals are actually taking place in pro sports.

If stuff like that has happened there is no doubt in my mind coaches have players fake injuries because he sucks.

How about this...

Did you actually think a manager would bet on his own baseball team to win or lose? It happened!

Did you actually think an NBA referee would purposly make fantom calls and other things that directly affect the outcome of games? It happened!

And those are the ones that were caught. Who knows how many back ally deals are actually taking place in pro sports.

If stuff like that has happened there is no doubt in my mind coaches have players fake injuries because he sucks.

HAhAHAHAH

YOU THINK JAURON HAS THE BALLS TO BET AGAINST THE BILLS...??!?!?!? HAhahahAHAha That's the funniest thing I've ever read!!

Borders? I'd say that post completely re-draws the entire map of stupidity so that it not only is IN the country of stupid but is now the capital city.

GO BILLS!!!

Borders? I'd say that post completely re-draws the entire map of stupidity so that it not only is IN the country of stupid but is now the capital city.

GO BILLS!!!

What? Because he said the word Borders you claim Buffalo to be the Captial city in your fictional stupid country?

Wow. You're brilliant. Write an autobiography, please. I will surely buy it.