Edwards Injury

robkmil

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I still can't believe there are people who think Trent is faking this. How embarrassing. The Bills couldn't risk that. If it EVER surfaced, the organization which has taken many beatings over the years, would be the laughing stock of the NFL. It's bad enough that we are close to that by missing the playoffs 9 years in a row. Besides all that, there's no way the Bills opt to play JP Losman over a healthy (if he was "faking" it) Trent Edwards.

I never said that Trent was faking it....just that the coaches were making up the injury to excuse his bad performance. But since then, I've heard people talking about surgery, so I'm not so sure it was a made-up excuse.

I've been on Trent's side since day 1 and I still believe he's the guy going forward. With three injuries (one inflicted by Adrian Wilson), I just hope he's not injury-prone like some are implying.

Stay at a Holiday Inn and then reread the post.... its a BRAIN injury, please. And yes, it does control and promote the various chemical flows that enable us to put one foot in front of the other on a daily basis.

So he's fine in practice, looks all-world against SD a mere 14 days after getting the concussion, then is fine in practice again M-Sat...but at 1:00 on Sunday his brain injury suddenly manifests itself. Then he's fine again to practice all week...except at 1:00 the next Sunday, and at 1:00 the next Sunday, and at 8:15 the next Monday. But his brain injury takes the Sunday off in KC, then moves to his groin the following week.

How much do you charge an hour for your medical opinion, and do you take Blue Cross?

If rushing him back from a concussion means he'll go 25-30 for 261 yards and a TD, and spreading it around to seven different guys in a win, then someone should lay his a$$ out in practice every Thursday.

This concussion nonsense was stupid over a month ago, and its even more stupid now. Since the concussion he had two good games against lame competition and four lousy ones against good competition. End of story. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and accept his tweaked groin, but will you people stop it with this concussion nonsense?

As for the OP, I think if he had to he'd be on the field, but the season is over and there's no way Jauron puts him in against Denver on the road or NE* at home. If we get to January and Trent ends up having surgery for his groin, then I'll admit I'm wrong.

while i'm no expert on head injuries i'm inclined to agree; its a groin injury, albeit a fairly serious one, and with the way the season is going, as much as i may want to see him get reps and end 2008 on a good note, it may be best to start fresh in 2009.

Here's another theory, and GOD I hope i'm right, Ralph is going to be firing jauron and encouraged him not to play edwards since he's just going to be learning a new offense in 2009 and there'e no use risking further harm under a lame duck coach.

Well maybe thats just wishful thinking.

The Bills are covering up the fact they rushed Edwards back too soon after his concussion. They are parking him for the season so he has a chance to recover by next year.

PTR

Agree.

If the Bills REALLY believed that garbage they were spewing the last few weeks about "well, we're still technically in the playoff push so we're going out there and we're going to put our best foot forward" they wouldn't have let Losman anywhere near the field. I'm not saying Trent is faking it, just that they're playing it EXTRA careful with him because they have nothing to play for. If this team were REALLY in the hunt, he'd be out there playing hurt.

They're protecting their fragile investment in Edwards by removing him from the line of fire.

Agree.

If the Bills REALLY believed that garbage they were spewing the last few weeks about "well, we're still technically in the playoff push so we're going out there and we're going to put our best foot forward" they wouldn't have let Losman anywhere near the field. I'm not saying Trent is faking it, just that they're playing it EXTRA careful with him because they have nothing to play for. If this team were REALLY in the hunt, he'd be out there playing hurt.

They're protecting their fragile investment in Edwards by removing him from the line of fire.

Do you people have any idea of how ridiculous that sounds? To paraphrase..."Trent's too fragile to play, but we're 100% behind making him the starter next year, so we're not going to play him in case he gets hurt, even though it wouldn't matter because the start of the next season is nine months away."

:D

If you're worried about him getting injured for a game nine months away then maybe this guy is too damn fragile to be in the league at all. The kid injured his groin. Lucky for him it kept him off the field while the team is finishing off the death spiral that he had a hand in or we'd probably be running him out of town with Jauron.

it was awfully suspicious--is it him or the coaching staff?

Trent has a history of being injury prone. It's very important that the Bills think awful hard about who the backup qb will be. That's why I believe it's a must for Hamden to play out the last 2 games to help decide if a veteran might possibly be the way to go or is Hamden the man.

Do you people have any idea of how ridiculous that sounds? To paraphrase..."Trent's too fragile to play, but we're 100% behind making him the starter next year, so we're not going to play him in case he gets hurt, even though it wouldn't matter because the start of the next season is nine months away."

If you're worried about him getting injured for a game nine months away then maybe this guy is too damn fragile to be in the league at all. The kid injured his groin. Lucky for him it kept him off the field while the team is finishing off the death spiral that he had a hand in or we'd probably be running him out of town with Jauron.

You might want to improve your reading comprehension skills.

At no point did I call Edwards fragile. I clearly said their investment in him was fragile, and there is a significant difference.

Fans are losing (have lost?) confidence in the quarterback. Boos are reigning down week after week. Everyone is calling for the coach's head, the heads of our three-headed-GM monster, even the owner. Nobody is going to come to the New England game. To put Edwards back on the field and continue to watch him fail is to all but doom your already-fragile investment to failure. Even with Edwards under center, there's no doubt in my mind we lose the Miami and New York games. By protecting him now, they buy him time to come back and start next season. If he's playing and failing these past two weeks, it becomes abundantly clear this team needs TWO new QB's next year (which they do anyway... Edwards has proven nothing except that he's got Tim Connolly's level of durability), as opposed to one.

I love the "Holiday Inn" diagnoses on this board. Nice job suspending medical reality to explain why Trent has been terrible for seven weeks, except when he plays the bottom-feeders. Trent's out this week because he's having a bad internal chemical flow day. LOL

The thing that is troubling with this theory is that if Trent really has been suffering from a concussion for several months, he's a medical outlier and someone that heals painfully slow. Is that really the sort of athlete you want as the cornerstone for your franchise? The Bills may have to go back on the QB market just to find someone that can hang onto a football next year.

The thing that is troubling with this theory is that if Trent really has been suffering from a concussion for several months, he's a medical outlier and someone that heals painfully slow. Is that really the sort of athlete you want as the cornerstone for your franchise? The Bills may have to go back on the QB market just to find someone that can hang onto a football next year.

If he's HEALTHY do you even want him as the cornerstone for the franchise? He's shown me nothing to say "yes."

Its also entirely possible that Trent simply isn't very good, and that fans opinions of him were inflated because he's "not the other guy." :D

Again, if you think Jauron who may be coaching for his career, benched Edwards for Losman, you're a complete idiot. They guy is hurt, probably pretty bad. So stop trying to pretend you have any idea of what is going on from your couch, with your greasy Bills shirt, and gut hanging out.

Its also entirely possible that Trent simply isn't very good, and that fans opinions of him were inflated because he's "not the other guy." :D

It is entirely possible that Trent isn't as good. However, he is better than Losman and should have started. Losman has had more chances than Jason Voorhes. He sucks. Trent will never suck as bad as Losman. There have been at least 7 or 8 games in a little over a season where Trent has shown he is a real deal NFL QB. You struggle to find that many for Losman in 4 years.

So again before I'd dismiss Edwards, I'd like to allow him more than 2 seasons. i'm a weirdo that way.

Again, if you think Jauron who may be coaching for his career, benched Edwards for Losman, you're a complete idiot. They guy is hurt, probably pretty bad. So stop trying to pretend you have any idea of what is going on from your couch, with your greasy Bills shirt, and gut hanging out.

Either that or Jauron is a complete idiot for trying such a thing.

The Bills are covering up the fact they rushed Edwards back too soon after his concussion. They are parking him for the season so he has a chance to recover by next year.

PTR

What a nutjob you are. I hate it because I too share your fandom for the UB Bulls, but you will NOT drop your little conspiracy. I wish by some miracle of complete impossibility that it WAS a lingering concussion. Then we can realize Trent is no more the answer than JP and move on. Whatever the injury is...he is a tim connolly. minus the talent.

What a nutjob you are. I hate it because I too share your fandom for the UB Bulls, but you will NOT drop your little conspiracy. I wish by some miracle of complete impossibility that it WAS a lingering concussion. Then we can realize Trent is no more the answer than JP and move on. Whatever the injury is...he is a tim connolly. minus the talent.

Before you call other people nutjob, you should take a look in the mirror. Seriously, Edwards is in his 2nd year in the NFL. What the hell did you expect? A pro bowl? There is nothing that makes someone look dumber than making wild assumptions about a young football player. Newsflash: you don't know crap.

And for the record, you never say me say Edwards is the answer. Btu he is the best QB on the roster and has shown enough good things to have hope in him for next year. If he has a similar season next year, then you shoudl talk about getting a new QB. But any of that talk now is foolish and stupid.