ESPN.com's Jauron report

TimGraham

Hey, guys. Just wanted to drop a line about the alleged ESPN.com report that Jauron signed his contract extension Sunday.

I traveled today and might have missed it, but I did fly JetBlue and watched ESPN and ESPNews for three hours and nobody made mention of it. That doesn't mean somebody might have mentioned it on ESPN Radio or ESPN Canada or The Ocho.

The only place I have seen an inference that Jauron signed his extension on Sunday is a Pro Football Talk item from earlier today that claims that's the case, but there's no link to support it or any mention of the reporter who supposedly broke it. I work for ESPN.com, covering the AFC East, and I didn't report it.

Here is the story on our site:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3769872

There's no mention that it was signed Sunday, only that it has been signed. I'll admit it's not the best-written couple of paragraphs and perhaps misleading if you're prone to filling in blanks.

So I'm confused and curious if anybody can fill me in.

man i don't know, but you should know cuz you are Tim Graham

That doesn't mean I can keep track of all the media outlets that quote ESPN reports erroneously.

As for Schefter reporting the contract was signed, I read his report and he never said Jauron signed it on Sunday either. Schefter, like the ESPN.com report, merely said it had been signed without saying when.

nobody knows the truth....it's like the jfk conspiracy; an enigma wrapped in a riddle topped off with a joke that equals egg in the face of all bills fans if mr wilson keeps this useless coaching staff(bobby april aside).

It's both the worst- and best-kept secret in sports.

just watching the news in orchard park, and they asked moron...er jauron about the extension and he stated " come on, you know the answer to that question, i do not discuss contracts......."

russ brandon was then asked the same question with the reporter quoting adam schefter, and brandon looked disgusted and said "no comment"

Hey, guys. Just wanted to drop a line about the alleged ESPN.com report that Jauron signed his contract extension Sunday.

I traveled today and might have missed it, but I did fly JetBlue and watched ESPN and ESPNews for three hours and nobody made mention of it. That doesn't mean somebody might have mentioned it on ESPN Radio or ESPN Canada or The Ocho.

The only place I have seen an inference that Jauron signed his extension on Sunday is a Pro Football Talk item from earlier today that claims that's the case, but there's no link to support it or any mention of the reporter who supposedly broke it. I work for ESPN.com, covering the AFC East, and I didn't report it.

Here is the story on our site:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3769872

There's no mention that it was signed Sunday, only that it has been signed. I'll admit it's not the best-written couple of paragraphs and perhaps misleading if you're prone to filling in blanks.

So I'm confused and curious if anybody can fill me in.

How is everything? The baby, wife, fatherhood, etc?

Glad to see you are back,

BTW, I agree with VOR.

That doesn't mean I can keep track of all the media outlets that quote ESPN reports erroneously.

As for Schefter reporting the contract was signed, I read his report and he never said Jauron signed it on Sunday either. Schefter, like the ESPN.com report, merely said it had been signed without saying when.

Hey Tim, how's your little one?

I'm glad to see you back here despite the fact you didn't name your daughter Marshmallow Chocolate Graham. :doh:

Wasn't this whole contract deal taken care of back in late September/ early October?

Hey Tim, how's your little one?

I'm glad to see you back here despite the fact you didn't name your daughter Marshmallow Chocolate Graham. :doh:

Wasn't this whole contract deal taken care of back in late September/ early October?

She's doing great. Thanks for asking. Still trying to get her on a schedule, but she generally sleeps through the night -- not that it matters since I go to bed at about 4 a.m. anyway. But mom's happy.

Hey, Tim, thanks for dropping in.

On his regular WGR appearance this afternoon, Sully apparently blasted ESPN for making it look like the deal was signed yesterday ... so whatever the misunderstanding was, it went that far. I didn't hear it, but here's that thread: http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=79297

And here's the link in the Audio Vault: http://audio.wgr550.com/m/audio/21666001/1...opp-bulldog.htm

Honestly? I think you, Chuck, and everybody else who came to the conclusion that the deal was inked back in October, were right. I also think the hed and the first sentence in your link -- the same story that set people off here -- were the source of the confusion you're trying to clear up now. "Bills coach Jauron signs extension" (instead of signed) and "Despite going on a 1-7 slide" do make it sound like the contract was signed after that stretch of futile football, no?

Question for you Tim - whats your read on the situation? Has the contract been signed, and if so, why are the Bills so hush-hush about it? Has Jauron already been given his walking papers, or are they trying to keep it a secret because of its affect on the fan base?

Hey, Tim, thanks for dropping in.

On his regular WGR appearance this afternoon, Sully apparently blasted ESPN for making it look like the deal was signed yesterday ... so whatever the misunderstanding was, it went that far. I didn't hear it, but here's that thread: http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=79297

And here's the link in the Audio Vault: http://audio.wgr550.com/m/audio/21666001/1...opp-bulldog.htm

Honestly? I think you, Chuck, and everybody else who came to the conclusion that the deal was inked back in October, were right. I also think the hed and the first sentence in your link -- the same story that set people off here -- were the source of the confusion you're trying to clear up now. "Bills coach Jauron signs extension" (instead of signed) and "Despite going on a 1-7 slide" do make it sound like the contract was signed after that stretch of futile football, no?

Safe to say, that's not the way I would have written it.

Listening to the clip now. Sully's thought, right about the 11:45 mark: why wouldn't they have announced it in October? And now they're stuck, if Ralph doesn't want to bring him back.

"The whole thing is puzzling to me, right up to ESPN running something that suggests he signed it Sunday, which is absolutely untrue. And then it looked like their report changed at some point, because then the final thing was some really flimsy report that started out, 'Despite going on a 1-7 slide' ... they wrote it as if they were talking about something that happened in October, like it wasn't really news. It was really strange to me."

Question for you Tim - whats your read on the situation? Has the contract been signed, and if so, why are the Bills so hush-hush about it? Has Jauron already been given his walking papers, or are they trying to keep it a secret because of its affect on the fan base?

My take is not based on much more than educated guesses, but I think the Bills are being hush hush about it because they're emabarrassed about the situation and don't know how to turn it into a positive.