I honestly cannot believe what I just read

Rubes

So I read that, not only did Jauron call the pass play himself, but the play was designed to be a roll-out pass to the fullback. I'll repeat that just to let it sink in: the fullback. The freaking fullback. I don't even remember who the freaking fullback is on this team. How many times does he touch the ball? I remember him getting one touch earlier in the game, and it was another waste of an offensive play call.

This is just insanely ridiculous.

We don't have a lot of offensive stars on this team, but when you consider who we do have -- Lynch, Jackson, Reed, Evans -- and at a time when Lynch is smacking everyone on that Jets defense in the mouth, play after play...this call is just beyond comprehensible. Why does this staff insist on taking the ball away from its only playmakers at critical times instead of giving it to them? Can you imagine other teams doing this? It's totally, completely, insane, and I can't freaking take it anymore.

This one ranks right up there with some of the most deranged, asinine playcalls that I have ever seen this team make. In fact, I think it might even surpass the Bledsoe bootleg from a few years back -- and to me, that's saying a lot.

I'm just so freaking sick of this crap. Really, is it that hard, or does this team just make it look that way?

So I read that, not only did Jauron call the pass play himself, but the play was designed to be a roll-out pass to the fullback. I'll repeat that just to let it sink in: the fullback. The freaking fullback. I don't even remember who the freaking fullback is on this team. How many times does he touch the ball? I remember him getting one touch earlier in the game, and it was another waste of an offensive play call.

We don't have a lot of offensive stars on this team, but when you consider who we do have -- Lynch, Jackson, Reed, Evans -- and at a time when Lynch is smacking everyone on that Jets defense in the mouth, play after play...this call is just beyond comprehensible. Why does this staff insist on taking the ball away from its only playmakers at critical times instead of giving it to them? Can you imagine other teams doing this? It's totally, completely, insane, and I can't freaking take it anymore.

This one ranks right up there with some of the most deranged, asinine playcalls that I have ever seen this team make. In fact, I think it might even surpass the Bledsoe bootleg from a few years back -- and to me, that's saying a lot.

I'm just so freaking sick of this crap. Really, is it that hard, or does this team just make it look that way?

As I stated in another post, I think that Jauron suffers from some sort of football dementia. That or he possesses absolutely no common sense. I believe it's the latter.

From my seat at Buffalo Wild Wings out here in Bronco-land, it seemed almost comical how this game was given away.

You know what? Fug 'em, they're my team and I back 'em, but I'm done for this season. I can't believe they can find new ways to lose week in and week out.

It is perplexing isn't it? It just seems that this coaching staff had an insatiable need to feel that they can only win a game by

tricking their opponent rather than just beating them at the game of football. They choose to go fetal when their is a need for something agressive, and then go all Obi-wan when the situation calls for them to do the cliche things that most every coach, in the history of the game would do...as each absurd loss piles up on the other, haven't we seen this at least three or four times the last two year? The Bills are in prime position to ice a game, but can't figure out how to do it?

Analysts always talk about young teams "learning how to win"...Jauron and his staff need to "learn how to coach like you can win"...

Another call that Jauron "wishes he had back" according to the WGR story.

How many is that now? He admitted he screwed up the challenge a couple weeks ago (when he dropped the red flag on the sideline) - how many more mistakes has he owned up to?

Jauron admits to mistakes because he doesn't want the players to have to take all the heat. I've been calling for Jauron to lose his job because of his full body of work, but I don't believe the decision to throw in that position was stupid. If the Jets are expecting run, a pass could secure a first down with high probability and lock away the game in one play. The alternative is possibly punting the ball back to Farve with a minute to go. Does anyone remember the end of the first half?

JP held on to the ball too long and didn't play safe football. He had more than enough time and made a critical blunder. The outcome was incredibly unlikely and you can't blame Jauron for Losman's screw-up. A coach has to trust his QB to make simple plays. It was JP's failure, not Jauron's.

And for all the flak that Turk's been getting lately, I'm surprised more people aren't applauding taking the decision-making process out of his hands.

Jauron admits to mistakes because he doesn't want the players to have to take all the heat. I've been calling for Jauron to lose his job because of his full body of work, but I don't believe the decision to throw in that position was stupid. If the Jets are expecting run, a pass could secure a first down with high probability and lock away the game in one play. The alternative is possibly punting the ball back to Farve with a minute to go. Does anyone remember the end of the first half?

JP held on to the ball too long and didn't play safe football. He had more than enough time and made a critical blunder. The outcome was incredibly unlikely and you can't blame Jauron for Losman's screw-up. A coach has to trust his QB to make simple plays. It was JP's failure, not Jauron's.

And for all the flak that Turk's been getting lately, I'm surprised more people aren't applauding taking the decision-making process out of his hands.

Dude, the point is not that he decided to throw on that play -- there are plenty of safe, high-percentage pass plays you can run in that situation. That play, in fact, was probably a safe, high-percentage pass play. The point is that the call was to pass it to the freaking fullback. The fullback! The reason JP ended up holding the ball too long is that the fullback never made it past the line of scrimmage -- he got taken out of the play.

That's why you don't draw up pass plays for the damn fullback. Toss an easy one to Jackson, Lynch, Reed, Evans...hell, even Schouman or Fine, who at least are supposed to know how to catch the ball. There are playmakers on this offense. But the fullback? Seriously, the fullback?

The more I say that the more incredible it sounds. I'm just flabbergasted.

Your up against the 2-minute drill so an incomplete pass doesn't matter.

The problem is you have JP making two dumb decisions on the play.

One, not hitting the deck when he saw the Jets Lineman blow through the line like the wind. The play was over approximately 0.00023 seconds after the snap. Our QB was the only retard that didn't know so.

They he made his valiant run without at anytime protecting the ball.

It was a garbage, garbage, play by a most talentful yet empty headed QB

Great post Rubes. I agree completely.

In all my years of watching football, I don't think I've seen such a horrible play called (considering the situation). I was really numb. I felt as if everything was just moving in slow motion.

This coaching staff drives me to the point of lunacy. Are we F@$@#ING CONSERVATIVE, OR AGGRESSIVE? We've been playing for the past 3 years w/ our F@#$@#ing tails between our legs, and the one god dam freaking time that we need to be conservative we run a freaking bootleg!!.. for christs sake, did we even run a bootleg ALL GAME? I can probably count all the bootlegs we've run all season on one hand.

It's not only that we ran a bootleg, but it's that we called a play which required putting the game into JP's hands and later into the hands of a FB who has probably caught 1 pass this season. That's what really gets me. JP is our backup, we're up by 3 with 2 minutes left, so why would the coaching staff fell the need to force the issue, and put the game on JP's hands when all we have to do at that point is take time off the clock. If the colts did this with Manning or the pats with Brady, I would still consider it a pretty ballsy call. But that the Bills coaching staff ran this play with our backup in there, on the road, when he hadn't been playing a stellar game to that point anyway..well, jesus freaking christ. All of a sudden, Jauron got a bolt of testosterone with 2:06.

I simply don't get it.

yeah, our coaching staff might have some bright guys, but there is a big difference about being smart with x's and o's on a chalkboard during weekly prep meetings, which they usually do a very good job of, and actually knowing when to use plays and when they will have a good chance of succeeding against a team. That is where our coaching staff fails miserably. They call plays with no specific rhyme or reason seemingly. They don't have anything they are trying to attack on a defense. They just call a play here, a play there, if it works then great, if not then just call another play. No plan of action, just call whatever on a whim...

the fact that they would call that type of play to our fullback shows they are clueless. It would be different if we had Larry Centers or Moose Johnston, but we don't. Our FB is a lead blocker with poor receiving skills. Why not call that TE drag off the play action that has already worked like 5 times this year with the TE being wide open every time? Its a 5 yard throw off a rollout, and at least he would have gotten off the line...

Why not throw a playaction screen to the backside? A playaction swing to Lynch or Jackson? A naked bootleg for Losman to take off for a first down? Do they forget Losman is a pretty good scrambler that can likely outrun any D-lineman in pursuit? I just don't understand what they are thinking when they are calling these plays. It seems like these kind of bonehead decisions only happen on our team, and they happen repeatedly each year. Why would they put their backup QB in a position where he is forced to sense a backside blitz, knowing that he repeatedly gets sacked and fumbles on such plays in the past, including once during this week's game? Losman has perhaps the worst sense of an oncoming blitzer of any QB in the NFL right now. He just doesn't ever sense it, which is why he fumbles so many times.

All of these things make no sense. Yet to our coaching staff, they make perfect sense. There is a difference between x's and o's smarts and gameday smarts, the feeling of when to call certain plays and when to not call them....they repeatedly make the wrong decisions in these areas and have cost us a lot of games over the past few years because of it...

yeah, our coaching staff might have some bright guys, but there is a big difference about being smart with x's and o's on a chalkboard during weekly prep meetings, which they usually do a very good job of, and actually knowing when to use plays and when they will have a good chance of succeeding against a team. That is where our coaching staff fails miserably. They call plays with no specific rhyme or reason seemingly. They don't have anything they are trying to attack on a defense. They just call a play here, a play there, if it works then great, if not then just call another play. No plan of action, just call whatever on a whim...

the fact that they would call that type of play to our fullback shows they are clueless. It would be different if we had Larry Centers or Moose Johnston, but we don't. Our FB is a lead blocker with poor receiving skills. Why not call that TE drag off the play action that has already worked like 5 times this year with the TE being wide open every time? Its a 5 yard throw off a rollout, and at least he would have gotten off the line...

Why not throw a playaction screen to the backside? A playaction swing to Lynch or Jackson? A naked bootleg for Losman to take off for a first down? Do they forget Losman is a pretty good scrambler that can likely outrun any D-lineman in pursuit? I just don't understand what they are thinking when they are calling these plays. It seems like these kind of bonehead decisions only happen on our team, and they happen repeatedly each year. Why would they put their backup QB in a position where he is forced to sense a backside blitz, knowing that he repeatedly gets sacked and fumbles on such plays in the past, including once during this week's game? Losman has perhaps the worst sense of an oncoming blitzer of any QB in the NFL right now. He just doesn't ever sense it, which is why he fumbles so many times.

All of these things make no sense. Yet to our coaching staff, they make perfect sense. There is a difference between x's and o's smarts and gameday smarts, the feeling of when to call certain plays and when to not call them....they repeatedly make the wrong decisions in these areas and have cost us a lot of games over the past few years because of it...

Amen :thumbsup:

Never in my life have I seen anything like the coaching errors in the past 8 weeks. Stretching back to the Dallas game last year...Jauron really is THAT bad.

YUP.

I'm half expecting Dick to drop trou and take a sh-- right on the sideline next game.

i am not excusing jauron, who needs to be cut loose for any number of reasons, but good teams SPREAD the ball around. i want the ball to go to the fullback sometimes. but the players need to execute. losman should never ever ever be blindsided in that situation.

if everyone does their job that play goes for 15-20 yards and we are back to dreaming about playoff scenarios for a few minutes. the problem is there is no accountability on this team and even though guys always say the right thing. they are allowed to !@#$ and fail way to much. and as the kids are saying these days, that was an "epic fail."