Howard Simon

bills44

on the pre-game show, he said that he regularly visits TBD -- he said that he finds the site very informative, although some not-so-nice things are said about WGR from time to time. :unsure:

He specifically mentioned the "Turning Point of the Season" thread. Simon said that initially he thought that it was the play on which Edwards suffered a concussion in Arizona, but that upon further thought, he felt that the Elam Pick Six was the turning point.

Just thought that I'd pass it on.

on the pre-game show, he said that he regularly visits TBD -- he said that he finds the site very informative, although some not-so-nice things are said about WGR from time to time. :unsure:

He specifically mentioned the "Turning Point of the Season" thread. Simon said that initially he thought that it was the play on which Edwards suffered a concussion in Arizona, but that upon further thought, he felt that the Elam Pick Six was the turning point.

At least all of the hot air shared here does not simply exacerbate global warming. Nice to know that things are read and thought about.

Although I don't get to listen to the show much anymore, I still consider Simon -- a friend of TBD for several years now -- the best sportstalker in the Buffalo market. (And to be honest, he used to have some fun with GR, back when they were still the opposition ... <_< )

on the pre-game show, he said that he regularly visits TBD -- he said that he finds the site very informative, although some not-so-nice things are said about WGR from time to time. :wallbash:

I believe that was Murra's thread.

Way to go Murra, you're so money baby! <_<

Although I don't get to listen to the show much anymore, I still consider Simon -- a friend of TBD for several years now -- the best sportstalker in the Buffalo market. (And to be honest, he used to have some fun with GR, back when they were still the opposition ... <_< )

I'm amazed at how much WGR relies on young on-air talent. I'd expect more of their talent to have been in the business a bit more before moving to Buffalo.

All in all, I like Simon for not being as obtuse as I'm sure they've asked Schopp and White to be. Apparently that gets ratings now, and so an element of that will be prominently featured. He's not perfect, but more enjoyable to listen to than any other talent WGR employs.

Wait. Is that 'sports talker' or 'sport stalker'?

:wallbash:

Howard Simon knws less about football than Mike Schoop and appears to eb even more of a sissy.

Thank you, Howard.

I'll go to my grave thinking Trent's concussion doesn't play into all of this. It was the lack of a rebound win from the Miami loss...and we had momentum in Orchard Park (albeit still in the first quarter) until that play.

I'd go back further. The "turning point" in the season was this past off-season when the brain trust barely lifted a finger to help a woefully bad offense. The default choice of Stanford grad Turk, expecting Trent to just suddenly emerge from a phone booth, and drafting Hardy were just not enough to improve a struggling, flagging unit.