Jauron had a losing record BEFORE he got here

Bufcomments

Dear Ralph........... err I mean fans of the Bills

We hired a coach with a losing record

What the hell did we expect...that we would win more games than we lost.???

I really dont understand the One Bills Drive thoughts of hiring a new coach

Hire a losing coach....you get what you paid for i guess :unsure:

You can talk about injuries and young QB's which is very true last 2 seasons

But my main thing is.......

This team went to the super Bowl 4 yrs straight.

You would think that they know the things you need to get back there.

1. A strong GM with football background.......we had the best in Polian

2. A experienced winning head coach

3. A solid QB.....i still will be patient with Trent...it even took Jim Kelly a couple of yrs

4. 1 great RB...solid backup ...I think we have that now

5. A Strong O-line........Center + 2 guards need to be close to All- pro or at least win the majority of battles.....

Lack of drafting talent on the line is killing us the last 10 yrs

6. A great DE or players that can pressure the QB......this is we need the most help

7. 1 all -pro reciever and 2 better than average ones........you need 3 WRs than can beat coverage

8 strong special teams............we are above average there.

Yea i know I got off the subject a little bit but Ralph should know what it takes to get to the super Bowl.

Isnt that why you have the team in the first place????

or is it a full up the stadium thing ..... mo money mo money mo money :unsure:

I wonder if thats the REAL reason Brandon is GM

Fool the fans with hope and as we have seen the last 2 seasons hope will fill the stadium on sundays

At this point you dont even have to win it all, just field a team for once that can make the playoffs for once

he was cheap and wouldn't rock the boat...

You know Ralph, spend lots of money on free agents who will not succeed because their coach sucks, but spend little money on a coach, when for 3 million a year extra, you could have someone that makes lesser free agent talent into better players, thereby actually reducing your costs...

Ralph hired Dick because Dick came cheap. Also, Dick is the type of guy who is lucky to have a HC job. Therefore he makes a great "yes man". For instance, when Ralph wants the status of a mystery extension kept secret, Dick says "yes Ralph". When Ralph wants a QB or other player change, Dick says "yes Ralph". When Ralph says team salary is too high, Dick says "yes Ralph". You get the idea.

Dick Jauron is a career loser and always will be. He will NEVER get another HC gig in the NFL. EVER.

Ralph hired Dick because Dick came cheap. Also, Dick is the type of guy who is lucky to have a HC job. Therefore he makes a great "yes man". For instance, when Ralph wants the status of a mystery extension kept secret, Dick says "yes Ralph". When Ralph wants a QB or other player change, Dick says "yes Ralph". When Ralph says team salary is too high, Dick says "yes Ralph". You get the idea.

Dick Jauron is a career loser and always will be. He will NEVER get another HC gig in the NFL. EVER.

so your saying Ralph doesn't pay a lot for Dick?

Dear Ralph........... err I mean fans of the Bills

We hired a coach with a losing record

What the hell did we expect...that we would win more games than we lost.???

I really dont understand the One Bills Drive thoughts of hiring a new coach

Hire a losing coach....you get what you paid for i guess :unsure:

You can talk about injuries and young QB's which is very true last 2 seasons

But my main thing is.......

This team went to the super Bowl 4 yrs straight.

You would think that they know the things you need to get back there.

1. A strong GM with football background.......we had the best in Polian

2. A experienced winning head coach

3. A solid QB.....i still will be patient with Trent...it even took Jim Kelly a couple of yrs

4. 1 great RB...solid backup ...I think we have that now

5. A Strong O-line........Center + 2 guards need to be close to All- pro or at least win the majority of battles.....

Lack of drafting talent on the line is killing us the last 10 yrs

6. A great DE or players that can pressure the QB......this is we need the most help

7. 1 all -pro reciever and 2 better than average ones........you need 3 WRs than can beat coverage

8 strong special teams............we are above average there.

Yea i know I got off the subject a little bit but Ralph should know what it takes to get to the super Bowl.

Isnt that why you have the team in the first place????

or is it a full up the stadium thing ..... mo money mo money mo money :unsure:

I wonder if thats the REAL reason Brandon is GM

Fool the fans with hope and as we have seen the last 2 seasons hope will fill the stadium on sundays

At this point you dont even have to win it all, just field a team for once that can make the playoffs for once

Look, I don't much care one way or the other whether Jauron gets fired. But it amazes me how may butt-stupid things people post on this board. Can't people at least THINK before they give advice?

If no one ever hired a coach with a losing record, three quarters of the coaches in the league would never be hired. Teams don't generally FIRE coaches with winnig records (except for the Bills, who fired Phillips who was nine games over .500 in three seasons).

Levy had a losing record when the Bills hired him. Belichick had a WAY losing record when the Pats hired him. And George Seifert had a fabulous record when he was hired by the Carolina Panthers and failed there.

This doesn't mean Jauron is a good coach or should have been hired. It's just that you can't make such broad generalizations. Yes, Ralph is a cheap owner and always has been, with a few exceptions. During the Polian, Butler and Donahoe eras he opened his wallet more readily. The worst thing ever to happen to this team, management-wise, was firing Polian, the second worst was firing Butler.

But that's just my opinion.

Look, I don't much care one way or the other whether Jauron gets fired. But it amazes me how may butt-stupid things people post on this board. Can't people at least THINK before they give advice?

If no one ever hired a coach with a losing record, three quarters of the coaches in the league would never be hired. Teams don't generally FIRE coaches with winnig records (except for the Bills, who fired Phillips who was nine games over .500 in three seasons).

Levy had a losing record when the Bills hired him. Belichick had a WAY losing record when the Pats hired him. And George Seifert had a fabulous record when he was hired by the Carolina Panthers and failed there.

This doesn't mean Jauron is a good coach or should have been hired. It's just that you can't make such broad generalizations. Yes, Ralph is a cheap owner and always has been, with a few exceptions. During the Polian, Butler and Donahoe eras he opened his wallet more readily. The worst thing ever to happen to this team, management-wise, was firing Polian, the second worst was firing Butler.

Just to add to the Dr.'s wisdom, Bill Belichick was 36-44 when the Patriots hired him.

you people just don't realize that a HC needs to be given time to percolate jauron's record with this team falls in line with fisher's start, and vermeil's (X2) and did you know that don shula had a losing record at one time there are others too stalwarts of the game who had records close to jauron's with this team you knee jerks need to give him time i say jauron's not the problem with this team it is the lack of players you can't expect the team to win with the talent they have they need to execute better and practice better and play more smarter on every play jauron is not the problem with this team the players who don't have enough talent and don't execute absolutely love jauron they adore him they would run through a paper wall on a sunny day for jauron how you people don't see this is beyond my powers of comprehension to understand

Excellent post...throw into this post that DJ also had a COACH OF THE YEAR title under his belt, and that DJ was MARV LEVYS guy...Ralph hired Marv, trusted Marv and went with the guy MARV wanted...

Im so sick of the Ralph blames for DJ, Williams, and Mularkey claiming they were hired to save money, when all these same yahoos are yelling to hire replacements that are just as inexperienced as Williams and Mularkey and are also cheap, claiming these cordinators (some are NOT EVEN corrodinators like that DB coach in TB and Lofton in Oakland) are the next big thing. So if Ralph goes with the trendy hire this season and he DOESNT work out, Ralph will be labeled cheap again. If he hires an experienced HC and he doesnt work out, they will say he is cheap again becuase he didnt throw an absurd amount of money at a HC witn NO, again NO, experience.

The best part about the Williams whiners on here is that you all yell he hired Williams because hes cheap, yet you also all yell we should have hired Marvin Lewis (I have no idea why) or John Fox...guess what, they were cheap too as they were also coordinators...so, if Ralph hires Fox for the same price and he has more success, Ralph is now not cheap but smart...a lot of people on this board are a joke.

Its a lose-lose for Ralph with these whiny arm chair quarterbacks on this dam board...