Lets settle on a new head coach

DIE HARD 1967

Why is no one really bringing up James Lofton? He was hot this off-season but I guess if you stay coaching the Raiders your stock is likely to go down. I think he would be a decent fit.

Maybe because he is the WR coach of what has been one of the worst, if not the worst, WR corp in all of football during his tenure as a WR coach...thats why hes not on my list...not to mention, hes never even been a coordinator yet...I like the guy, but I see nothing in why he should be a HC.

I like Jim Mora Jr., he wouldn't command too much money and I think he is a young talented guy. I would love to see his enthusiasm brought to Buffalo.

Jim Mora is signed sealed and delivered as Seattle Seahawks coach starting in 2009.

I say HC - Marty OC - Norv Turner DC - Ted Catrell

I had been iffy on Billick but if he brings Marvin Lewis, I'm sold.

Russ Grimm and Raheem Morris are still at the top of my list, I think.

What about Ron Rivera good defensive coach tough enough to get the players to play hard all year. Whoever the next coach is he needs to be tougher than the last 5. Look at Sparano and Coughlin the attitude is you will do it this way or leave. That attitude is needed here.

I had been iffy on Billick but if he brings Marvin Lewis, I'm sold.

Russ Grimm and Raheem Morris are still at the top of my list, I think.

Hells yeah! Other than age and experience Morris has everything we have been waiting for...energy, passion, toughness, confidence. Plus he's been mentored by a couple of the best coaches in the business in Gruden and Kiffin.

The guy came from Livingston, NJ (if you don't know, that's a tough neighborhood) and here's some confidence for you...

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bu...ticle927072.ece

"Why am I a free agent? It's just my choice," Morris said. "It's nothing with the Buccaneers. They've been awesome. I just chose not to put myself in a position to lock myself up.

"If the opportunity presents itself, I just wanted to have the choice (to go somewhere else). It's no secret they'll make the choice for you. And that's fine. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, and they've done a great job with the coaches. All the guys they've held back have become head coaches or have become coordinators. So they've done something right."

It's not too farfetched to suggest, with as many as 12 head coaching jobs possibly available after the season, Morris could bypass coordinator and interview for a top job.

"I don't know. There's a lot of guys that have done it without (coordinator) experience," Morris said. "But it's about leadership and how you direct your team and becoming a great teacher. Hopefully, I have some of those characteristics. That's why people mention me in that category. It's a passion thing. If you have that, you can become a head coach. If you don't, you won't."

I read that as "Sorry Bucs, but I'm so freakin good I don't want to be tied down for more than one year here." :blink:

Jim Mora is signed sealed and delivered as Seattle Seahawks coach starting in 2009.

I say HC - Marty OC - Norv Turner DC - Ted Catrell

Cottrell pretty much ran Wade Phillips' defense whenever Wade left a team and they were never the same.

Nevertheless, I still say pick a HC and let him bring in his own guys. None of this "pick a coordinator before you pick his boss" stuff. That's a tell-tale sign of an over-meddling owner (see: Snyder, Jones).

Perhaps you believe Ralph will not fire Dcik Jauron, I believe he will fire him on December 29th.

Open this link and select a coach most likely to be fired by January 2009

Start from the bottom and work your way up the list till you find the Best fit for the Bills. We need a coach that can attract top assistants in a division with Bill Belichick and Bill Parcells

I believe Ralph has no choice but to hire a proven Head Coach.....the fans will not accept a bright young assistant,

and clearly needs to win back the fans.

Keep in mind, there are always surprises in January.

Please exclude the coach rated dead last on this list with a 8% approval rating.

I like the following....

Norv Turner?

Jack Del Reo?

Mike Holmgrem is on the hot seat in Philly at 2-11. (The fans have a petition to replace him)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/ratings

Who do you like?

Norv Turner?? tell me you are joking.If you are then fine. If not--then I will pray for you...to the wizard of Oz--for a brain.

Lets stop talking pie in the sky. Its gonna be another retread who has lost at every other coaching stop that commands no more than 2 million per year, or a first year coordinator who is not in high demand and can be had cheaply and who will undoubtedly fail...

It astounds me how Ralph will millions on free agents in the offseason, but he won't spend an extra 3 million per year on a coach who could allow you to spend less on free agents because he could do more with the current talent. Is there any doubt that a coach like Bill Belichick or Jeff Fisher would have this team in the AFC East drivers seat?? No doubts in my mind. It is really inexcusable for this team to have to win this week to have the same record after 14 games as they did last year. They have better players, last years team was a bunch of 3rd stringers forced to start..

Cottrell pretty much ran Wade Phillips' defense whenever Wade left a team and they were never the same.

Nevertheless, I still say pick a HC and let him bring in his own guys. None of this "pick a coordinator before you pick his boss" stuff. That's a tell-tale sign of an over-meddling owner (see: Snyder, Jones).

I of course agree that whoever the HC is should choose the OC and DC. I still think Ted is OK. The defense under him in 2004 was very good. #2 offense in the NFL.