Looks like JP to get another start this week

zow2

Per the Buffalo News article, unless Edwards practices in full today, JP gets the start.

I'm going to try to keep my comments reasonable. It almost seems like unwatchable football when JP is in there though. I really don't enjoy the games nearly as much with him under center. If I'm the coaching staff, I pretty much try to bore everyone to death with handoffs to Lynch and Jackson all day. I'd call at least 4 or 5 designed QB draw plays where JP can just take off up the middle from the shotgun and get 7-10 yds. I'd call the obligatory 2 or 3 bombs to Evans just in case we get lucky and he has time to get them off. Stay away from too many long developing pass plays and don't allow him to throw ANYTHING down the middle of the field because he can't do it.

JP has not impressed me one iota in 10 quarters vs. Ariz, SF or Miami. I don't expect this week to be much different.

Per the Buffalo News article, unless Edwards practices in full today, JP gets the start.

I'm going to try to keep my comments reasonable. It almost seems like unwatchable football when JP is in there though. I really don't enjoy the games nearly as much with him under center. If I'm the coaching staff, I pretty much try to bore everyone to death with handoffs to Lynch and Jackson all day. I'd call at least 4 or 5 designed QB draw plays where JP can just take off up the middle from the shotgun and get 7-10 yds. I'd call the obligatory 2 or 3 bombs to Evans just in case we get lucky and he has time to get them off. Stay away from too many long developing pass plays and don't allow him to throw ANYTHING down the middle of the field because he can't do it.

JP has not impressed me one iota in 10 quarters vs. Ariz, SF or Miami. I don't expect this week to be much different.

Hamdan. Please!!!

Could this mean that they are thinking of bring back JP as a backup ?

What the !@#$ else could this mean ??????

Hamdan not here next year ?????

I agree it makes no sense, if JP is gone next season and Hamdan is going to be the #2 then why not play him now for experience?

The season is lost anyways.

Could this mean that they are thinking of bring back JP as a backup ?

What the !@#$ else could this mean ??????

Hamdan not here next year ?????

It just means Mr. Glass is still hurt, and they haven't been statistically eliminated yet. Plus, Hamden won't be the second-string guy here next season, anyway. The new coaching regime or Jauron will bring in a vet to compete/push Trent and his groin/concussion/hangnail. Don't sweat it. Losman will be in a different uniform next season.

While I do not find the games unwatchable with JP in there (as a longtime Bills fan the game will always be on or taped if the little woman has me doing something unavoidable) its probably even worse as I find the games far more ignorable once we fall behind.

Whether I like it or not, the game only requires semi-attention as the first half drags on and then after the hope of the start of the second half and a hoped for adjustment, the snacks and trips to the bathroom simply demand more attention.

Even worse, when Edwards is in there, the game becomes like watching the Indy 500. Its exciting, but suddenly the realization comes that part of the excitement is simply waiting for the likelihood that there is gonna be some incredibly flammable car crash as he goes down with a concussion, groin injury, or wrist injury.

Don't get me wrong, an injury is desperately rooted against, but I am forced to admit that with the loss of PT 3 times in a little over a season of play to 3 different injuries, Edwards simply meets my objective qualification as injury prone.

The Bills have selected and managed us into a situation where the QB position seemed deep to one where we legitimately are looking for the 2009 version of Brett Farve come the off-season.

Its sad.

It just means Mr. Glass is still hurt, and they haven't been statistically eliminated yet. Plus, Hamden won't be the second-string guy here next season, anyway. The new coaching regime or Jauron will bring in a vet to compete/push Trent and his groin/concussion/hangnail. Don't sweat it. Losman will be in a different uniform next season.

Post of the year!

While I do not find the games unwatchable with JP in there (as a longtime Bills fan the game will always be on or taped if the little woman has me doing something unavoidable) its probably even worse as I find the games far more ignorable once we fall behind.

What's remarkable is how in that Niners game, we had the ball, little under 2 minutes to go, down by a TD against one of the worst defenses in the league, and my guess is that everyone (myself included) knew that JP was going to commit a series of blunders, giving us no chance to win.

What's weird is that JP has seemed to seriously regress.

I'm not so sure about that one. The Arena Football League is rumored to be folding, and the CFL folks usually like their QB's to sustain drives.

WOOOO HOOOOO........ 6 points, baybee!!!!!

What's remarkable is how in that Niners game, we had the ball, little under 2 minutes to go, down by a TD against one of the worst defenses in the league, and my guess is that everyone (myself included) knew that JP was going to commit a series of blunders, giving us no chance to win.

As much as JP sucked last weekend (and he did suck bigtime), his stone handed receivers did not help the cause in the early going. Let's be fair and point the finger at everyone last week. There is always someone screwing up the damn plays on this team! Do these guys even practice during the week? It's like they're a bunch of scared little babies.

That's not weird in the least. Does anyone, anywhere, seriously expect JP to suddenly eliminate all his bad habits that are so pointedly documented by every commentator and sports writer in the business?

Anyone?..........

I didn't think so.

That's not weird in the least. Does anyone, anywhere, seriously expect JP to suddenly eliminate all his bad habits that are so pointedly documented by every commentator and sports writer in the business?

Anyone?..........

I didn't think so.

And what are your thoughts on Trent's sudden regression towards the end of last season and after the first five games of this one ? Please don't say it is the concussion because he played fine in the San Diego game.

And what are your thoughts on Trent's sudden regression towards the end of last season and after the first five games of this one ? Please don't say it is the concussion because he played fine in the San Diego game.

I wish I had some solid idea as to why he has looked so good one week and so horrible the next. I think the potential is there but the consistancy is not.

I won't answer for the Doc, but for me I would say that Edwards' regression was one part sophomore slump, one part improved opposition (who had more film on him as well), and one part bad coaching. He is young, and can improve, but he will have to work through it, which is why I find this injury problem so worrisome, because it will delay that learning process.

As much as JP sucked last weekend (and he did suck bigtime), his stone handed receivers did not help the cause in the early going. Let's be fair and point the finger at everyone last week. There is always someone screwing up the damn plays on this team! Do these guys even practice during the week? It's like they're a bunch of scared little babies.

I agree wholeheartedly. Hardy and Lynch ended promising first-quarter drives on dropped balls. Lynch dropped another later; as did Royal. One could even argue that Evans should have done a better job of "defending" on the poorly thrown fade in the endzone.

It's tough because there is so much blame to go around.