The latest in a long series of Jouron blunders

Kipers Hair

They are now considering the IR for Schoebel...Clearly, this man and the staff with which he meets and seeks counsel lack the know how to run an organization.... Pitiful.

They probably tried to keep him for a playoff run ... now that that is not going to happen IR him let him heal and hope that he comes back next year the same or better player because DE depth after him is a joke.

Jauron obviously has a medical degree. He should have been able to give Schobel a CAT scan with his eyes and diagnosed him correctly at the time of the injury. Had he just IR'ed our best DLineman from the beginning, we would be 12-1 right now...

From 6 weeks ago - when we were still a playoff contending team:

"The Buffalo Bills' top pass rusher, Aaron Schobel, will miss at least another two weeks and could potentially be out for the rest of the season with a left foot injury...There is concern that Schobel sustained a more serious injury in the mid-foot area, where a cluster of bones forms a small arch between the ankle and toes, known as a Lisfranc injury. It is the type of injury that ended Indianapolis Colts defensive end Dwight Freeney's season last November, the person said..."

But hey, let's IR our best lineback from the past year to prove a point....

From 6 weeks ago - when we were still a playoff contending team:

"The Buffalo Bills' top pass rusher, Aaron Schobel, will miss at least another two weeks and could potentially be out for the rest of the season with a left foot injury...There is concern that Schobel sustained a more serious injury in the mid-foot area, where a cluster of bones forms a small arch between the ankle and toes, known as a Lisfranc injury. It is the type of injury that ended Indianapolis Colts defensive end Dwight Freeney's season last November, the person said..."

But hey, let's IR our best lineback from the past year to prove a point....

thats right. you dont deny surgery when the team asks you to get it in the spring and then throw a hissy fit becasue you didnt get a new contract and decide "hey, im gonna have that surgery now" 2 DAYS before the season starts. thats a low move by angelo. and a selfish move. he didnt get what he wanted, so he quit on the team. he started a pissing match not realizing he hadnt had anything to drink yet.

In the past 2 weeks, our Defense held the opposition to 16 and 10 points. The problem isnt with our Defense. Another LB in the lineup isnt going to score us 20 points.

edit: furthermore, our "best" LB is up for argument. it was shown over and over on tv how Crowell was completely out of position more than he was making plays. he was classified as a guy who "tried to do too much" instead of just his job. you can piss and moan about how he was handled, but it was no big loss to the team and mostly his fault.

thats right. you dont deny surgery when the team asks you to get it in the spring and then throw a hissy fit becasue you didnt get a new contract and decide "hey, im gonna have that surgery now" 2 DAYS before the season starts. thats a low move by angelo. and a selfish move. he didnt get what he wanted, so he quit on the team. he started a pissing match not realizing he hadnt had anything to drink yet.

In the past 2 weeks, our Defense held the opposition to 16 and 10 points. The problem isnt with our Defense. Another LB in the lineup isnt going to score us 20 points.

I can't disagree with on you both fronts - though I think in the end, Crowell is benefitting most as he is free to go anywhere he wants now... He was indeed childish, but I think DJ's move was equally silly...

I can't disagree with on you both fronts - though I think in the end, Crowell is benefitting most as he is free to go anywhere he wants now... He was indeed childish, but I think DJ's move was equally silly...

only time will tell, but i bet he is making league minimum next year.

(playing backup LB on a Super Bowl winning team, most likely :) )

im still unclear as to how the handling of the Schobel situation is "Jauron's blunder"??

he was hoping his best DLineman would come back. he does not have a medical degree. he has a medical staff that advises him.

i will not argue, for one second, that our entire medical/training/strength&conditioning staff doesnt need to be replaced IMMEDIATELY. this team ahsnt been the same since Mularky let Rusty Jones go. Ever since, its been nothing but players sucking wind in the 4th quarter, tons of injuries, and mishandled rehabs.

im just not sure how that is all Jauron's blunder

im still unclear as to how the handling of the Schobel situation is "Jauron's blunder"??

he was hoping his best DLineman would come back. he does not have a medical degree. he has a medical staff that advises him.

i will not argue, for one second, that our entire medical/training/strength&conditioning staff doesnt need to be replaced IMMEDIATELY. this team ahsnt been the same since Mularky let Rusty Jones go. Ever since, its been nothing but players sucking wind in the 4th quarter, tons of injuries, and mishandled rehabs.

It isn't. What the thread starter did do is provide an example of the cascading idiocy of message boards. I am waiting for someone to post on her blaming Jauron for the Lindbergh kidnapping.

It isn't. What the thread starter did do is provide an example of the cascading idiocy of message boards. I am waiting for someone to post on her blaming Jauron for the Lindbergh kidnapping.

thats ok, i just read in another thread that coaches "either have it or they dont". the poster then went on to list Mike Singeltary as a coach who obviously has it... obviously.... in a handful of games...

If Jauron sneezes these days it's a "blunder."

edit: furthermore, our "best" LB is up for argument. it was shown over and over on tv how Crowell was completely out of position more than he was making plays. he was classified as a guy who "tried to do too much" instead of just his job. you can piss and moan about how he was handled, but it was no big loss to the team and mostly his fault.

Your calm, measured and objective analysis of the Crowell situation aside, establishing that Crowel acted like an idiot does not justify the team doing the same thing by deprining the team of one their better players. Best LB? I don't know but better than Ellison, yep.

The goal of a coach is to win football games, not teach morality and ethics. The sooner we stop focusing on nice guys who can't play and put up with some jerks now and then who get it done on the field, the better off we will be.

Your calm, measured and objective analysis of the Crowell situation aside, establishing that Crowel acted like an idiot does not justify the team doing the same thing by deprining the team of one their better players. Best LB? I don't know but better than Ellison, yep.

The goal of a coach is to win football games, not teach morality and ethics. The sooner we stop focusing on nice guys who can't play and put up with some jerks now and then who get it done on the field, the better off we will be.

Crowell wasnt a jerk off of the field. that wasnt the problem.

The biggest mis-conception with the fans is that when Levy came back he said he would bring in "high character players" and everyone took that to mean "choir boys".

thats not what he said or meant. he said "high FOOTBALL character". guys NOT like McGahee. guys who want to play football not matter how much they are getting paid or whatever the circumstance is.

Levy had already proven (back in the 90s) that he was willing to overlook some off-field... habits, as long as the guys showed up and worked hard at their job.

Crowell was thrown to the IR list because he showed poor, if not NO, "football character" when he did what he did.

now, i agree that it would be nice to find a couple of bad-asses with attitude. ESPECIALLY along the OLine. but that doesnt mean you have to find Leon Lett-esque coke heads either.

the job of the coach isnt to TEACH morality and ethics, youre right. but it IS their job to make sure players stick to their ethics of hard work and team mentality. see: Bill Belichick

Amen - I was talking to someone about this a couple of weeks ago....

He has the same production now as he did when he was on the field.....not a shocker.....sorry.

except that, unlike Bills fans, opposing teams respect his presence on the field and the Oline shifts to key on him allowing the rest of our guys more room to get through.

you can bash schobel for not producing when you want him to, but the entire D plays better when he is on the field