The best chicken wing in NY is at...

Just Jack

Never understood the love for Duff's. I try to like them, but just can't. Last time I was there they were swimming in a pool of not so great sauce. :doh:

I agree with regards to the amount of sauce..and the wings tend to be smaller. But, I like the taste of the sauce, and they were one of the few places that wasn't afraid to make their wings HOT! I really don't like wimpy wings...i like to feel the burn!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So being in a suburb of Cleveland it's pretty hard to find decent wings, and my wife hasn't always been a fan of making them herself, so we occasionally order from Buffalo Wild Wings. We were going to order some to go along with my wife's homemade pizza on New Year's Day, but I almost fell out of my chair when I saw how expensive they've gotten. 24 wings for $16. 50 for $33.

I was telling my father how expensive they've gotten and he pulled out some of his NF pizzeria menus - the most expensive wings he found was 50 for $23 at Frenchy's.

Just couldn't believe how expensive BWW had gotten for mediocre wings.

FWIW, for those in the Richmond, VA area, Sports Page on Midlothian Tpk has the best wings in town, in my humble opinion. Unfortunately the place is uber-smokey, but if you can get past that, you can drink and eat alot and it won't break your bank. The wings are a bit saucy, but i like them that way. The hot are nice and hot, the crazy hot are even hotter, but really really tasty. They serve them on a bed of tortilla chips which is a nice little treat afterwards, almost like having a nacho dessert. The wings are large and they don't serve them with the useless 3rd portion of the wing...oh yeah and they sprinkle the blue cheeze with grated cheddar cheese for some reason, but is more cheese really a problem???

Check em out if you are ever in the area.

Many years ago we used to go to a place in Cortland called the Dark Horse that had some mighty good, and hot, wings. Those might have been the best I've had outside of Buffalo. Can't find decent wings anywhere in CT -- I've given up trying after too many plates of flabby, undercooked and bland crap.

FWIW, for those in the Richmond, VA area, Sports Page on Midlothian Tpk has the best wings in town, in my humble opinion. Unfortunately the place is uber-smokey, but if you can get past that, you can drink and eat alot and it won't break your bank. The wings are a bit saucy, but i like them that way. The hot are nice and hot, the crazy hot are even hotter, but really really tasty. They serve them on a bed of tortilla chips which is a nice little treat afterwards, almost like having a nacho dessert. The wings are large and they don't serve them with the useless 3rd portion of the wing...oh yeah and they sprinkle the blue cheeze with grated cheddar cheese for some reason, but is more cheese really a problem???

Check em out if you are ever in the area.

I recently had wings at the Sports Page in Sarasota....I ordered the 'hot', and they were marginally hot - like most, they are probably cautious on what 'hot' really should mean. However, the wings were very crispy and perfectly cooked. I have yet to find a city/state that I travel to that does NOT produce a very very good chicken wing. Nostaglia is great but reality suggests there are good wings to be had outside of Buffalo.

On a side note, I actually think the original intent of the blue cheese as a side was to dip the wing in. So for all the 'authentic' die-hards, you may want to re-consider your position on that.

I recently had wings at the Sports Page in Sarasota....I ordered the 'hot', and they were marginally hot - like most, they are probably cautious on what 'hot' really should mean. However, the wings were very crispy and perfectly cooked. I have yet to find a city/state that I travel to that does NOT produce a very very good chicken wing. Nostaglia is great but reality suggests there are good wings to be had outside of Buffalo.

Well if you find a place in Minnesota, let me know.

My wife's from MN/WI and even she loves Duff's compared to anything here.

Now I'm hungry for wings. :worthy:

pretty sure they are different businesses, the sports page in richmond is owned by a couple binghamton people, it is not a chain, although there are 2 here in town, but that should be it

On a side note, I actually think the original intent of the blue cheese as a side was to dip the wing in. So for all the 'authentic' die-hards, you may want to re-consider your position on that.

The place where I watch the Bills games, down here (less than a minute walk from where I live), used to make pretty good wings. The former cook used to be from WNY and they were fairly "authentic". In the past two years, things have gone downhill. The place has their own special sauce, in which they blend honey. While they swear they don't put honey in the "hot" wings, I can tell you that it tastes like they do.

The wings themselves are actually not bad, and they cook them nice and crispy. I ordered a large order (extra crispy) NAKED. Then I rushed them home and sauced them myself. By far, the best wings I have had (that I didn't cook) in a long time.