Remember When...

What's Fassell's demenor? He looks a little too much like Dick for my liking. Does he show emotion from time to time?

I couldn't care less. He won in New York and went to the Super Bowl. That's the kind of coach I want. Someone who's actually won something.

As far as Fassell getting fired by Billick. So what. That was pretty much a PR stunt for Billick to try to save his job. Besides, we'd be hiring him as HC, not OC.

I sure wish we landed Jeff Fox...

He could stand on the sidelines and say things like "If you're behind by 10 and punt from your own 40, you might be a Bills coach" or "If you've never beaten a team with a winning record, you might be a Bills coach" or "If you just got swept by the Dolphins, you might be a Bills coach."

It could be an entire career right there.

1. Marvin Lewis - 1 winning season in 6, 1-11-1 this season

2. Jeff Fox - 3 winning seasons in 7, including this season. No complaints.

3. Jim Fassel - 3 winning seasons in 7, non NFL HC past 5 years

4. Mike Sherman - 5 winning seasons in 6, non NFL HC past 3 years. Can he remake Edwards into Farve image?

5. Tom Coughlin - 3 winning seasons in 5, Super Bowl Champ. Can we go back in time?

6. (Had the chance to interview Sean Payton but the Saints got to him first) - prossible 2 winning seasons in 3, one of the top offenses in league.

7. Dom Capers - 0 winning seasons in 4 with Texans, non NFL HC past 3 years.

8. Jim Caldwell - non NFL HC. Heir apparent to Tony Dungy in Ind. Excellent NFL O coach. HC record in college 1 winning season in 8.

9. Charlie Weiss - non NFL HC. 2 winning seasons in 4 with ND, lost to Syracuse this year.

10. Romeo Crenell - 1 winning seasons in 4, 4-9 this season

11. Lovie Smith - possible 3 winning seasons in 5, made 1 SB. Better on D than O but not consistent.

12. Jim Haslett - 2 winning seasons in 6 with NO, 2-7 this season with StL.

So maybe 5 of 12?

As I recall, Haslett and his agent were sending out rumors and Haslett desperately wanted the job, but Marv had no interest in him.

I think that there was some bad blood from way back when. Also, there were some rumors about Haslett in NO that may have turned Levy off.

Is that 'cause Haslett started all the rumours about Hull and others using steroids?

Haslett wanted way more than Ralph was willing to pay, as did most of the candidates on that list...

What, he more than 35K?

I'm cool with Fassell, and he's available.

Al Davis won't answer his letters. Last I heard, he was looking to get into the CFL. Probably Ralph's kind, but not someone to make this team better.

Haslett would be a good feel good PR move. Could probably sell some tickets. But Haslett has been a HC and what has he won? His teams were prone to making stupid mistakes and shooting themselves in the foot. That we've got now.

I'll never forget the game on MNF when the Saints were pretty good and ahead by a point or two in a big game. A scuffle broke out and Turley comes up with a helmet from one of the opposing players. He then threw it 40 yards downfield. It was funny, but it gave the other team a first down and they scored and won. His teams appear to be undisciplined and sloppy. I'd pass.

A scuffle? They guy tried pulling his team mates head off. It was pretty ugly. He was bending his head back deliberately. I'm glad someone stood up for a team-mate. One in- all in.

...the helmet throw only went 5 or so yards and that was funny- he was so mad he couldn't throw a helmet, he had every right to be mad.

What's Fassell's demenor? He looks a little too much like Dick for my liking. Does he show emotion from time to time?

Let's not get too caught up in someone's demeanor - just because we don't see Jauron showing any sense of emotion doesn't mean we want a Lou Piniella-type of coach that will yell & scream for the sake of showing emotion.

That said, Fassel is a very stand-up guy who will take responsibility for his actions. It's not like he's a cheerleader, but he will show emotion during the games when it's necessary.

7. Dom Capers - 0 winning seasons in 4 with Texans, non NFL HC past 3 years.

He was also the original coach of the Panthers from 1995-1998. 1 winning season (12-4 in 1996 and lost the NFC Championship game), two 7-9 seasons & his 4-12 season cost him his job.

9. Charlie Weiss - non NFL HC. 2 winning seasons in 4 with ND, lost to Syracuse this year.

This alone should rule him out of any HC openings.

12. Jim Haslett - 2 winning seasons in 6 with NO, 2-7 this season with StL.

I'm willing to give him a pass on this season, even though he's had 9 games to change things. I'd be more interested in seeing what he can do with a fresh start.

I couldn't care less. He won in New York and went to the Super Bowl. That's the kind of coach I want. Someone who's actually won something.

As far as Fassell getting fired by Billick. So what. That was pretty much a PR stunt for Billick to try to save his job. Besides, we'd be hiring him as HC, not OC.

Fassell went 21-27 in the three years after the Giants went to the Superbowl. 2

Fassell went 21-27 in the three years after the Giants went to the Superbowl. Two playoff wins in 7 years. One 12-4 season, two 10-6 seasons, one 8-8 season, two 7-9 seasons and the last season went 4-12.

I see Fassell as a loser like Jauron. Like Jauron he had one really good season and got to the Superbowl in that season because of a very weak NFC conference that year. Of course he has an over .500 career record which is much better than Jauron's coaching career, but the fact remains that he is not the game changing head coach given his record and the tough road to hoe going forward in the AFC East.

No way the Bills should entertain hiring Fassell as their head coach unless they want more of the same. They need to find a bright young energetic NFL mind to inject life into this lifeless body known as the Buffalo Bills. They should go after Steve Spagnuolo or Raheem Morris. Fassell is an old worn out shoe just like Jauron was when Levy knocked on his door three years ago.

As badly as I want a REAL head coach (we shold have hired Sherman 3 years ago) let's be honest with ourselves.....If Dicky J. is let go...they're probably going to bring in Dom Capers or Fassell or someone equally as boring and incompetent. Sorry for everyone who likes Fassell.

For everyone who says that sideline emotion doesn't matter, have you noticed how the Steelers play? Put a guy like Jauron in there and they'd be boring within two years....oh wait, the Steelers wouldn't hire a shoddy head coach like Dick Jauron.

Why can't we get someone like Les Miles.....ya know what, I'd rather have the Bucs DB's coach than anyone on the list at the beginning of this thread (aside from a few). In the end when (not if but when) Jauron is fired, this year or next, management will bring in a coach who is just as dull on the field and with their coaching techniques as our past three. Mularkey, Williams and Jauron all had one thing in common - they can talk. Not to players but to Wilson and the GM, making them believe they will turn things around and they have a solid system. Ralph falls too hard for the verbal guarantees - I know this because if he took actual results shown on the field we never would have had our last 3 coaches, or Rob Johnson......ok I'll end there.

Fassell went 21-27 in the three years after the Giants went to the Superbowl. Two playoff wins in 7 years. One 12-4 season, two 10-6 seasons, one 8-8 season, two 7-9 seasons and the last season went 4-12.

They need to find a bright young energetic NFL mind to inject life into this lifeless body known as the Buffalo Bills.

I couldn't agree more, all his records show is that he can win with someone else's team - and he doesn't have the ability to build a team of his own, hence why the decline in record as the years wore on.

A scuffle? They guy tried pulling his team mates head off. It was pretty ugly. He was bending his head back deliberately. I'm glad someone stood up for a team-mate. One in- all in.

...the helmet throw only went 5 or so yards and that was funny- he was so mad he couldn't throw a helmet, he had every right to be mad.

Got a penalty for it that put the other team in FG range. It cost them the game. It was a big game with playoff implications. Haslett's teams have been underacheiving and undisciplined. I mean I'd root for him if he got the job here, but he'd be pretty far down on my list.

As badly as I want a REAL head coach (we shold have hired Sherman 3 years ago) let's be honest with ourselves.....If Dicky J. is let go...they're probably going to bring in Dom Capers or Fassell or someone equally as boring and incompetent. Sorry for everyone who likes Fassell.

For everyone who says that sideline emotion doesn't matter, have you noticed how the Steelers play? Put a guy like Jauron in there and they'd be boring within two years....oh wait, the Steelers wouldn't hire a shoddy head coach like Dick Jauron.

Why can't we get someone like Les Miles.....ya know what, I'd rather have the Bucs DB's coach than anyone on the list at the beginning of this thread (aside from a few). In the end when (not if but when) Jauron is fired, this year or next, management will bring in a coach who is just as dull on the field and with their coaching techniques as our past three. Mularkey, Williams and Jauron all had one thing in common - they can talk. Not to players but to Wilson and the GM, making them believe they will turn things around and they have a solid system. Ralph falls too hard for the verbal guarantees - I know this because if he took actual results shown on the field we never would have had our last 3 coaches, or Rob Johnson......ok I'll end there.

Yes! The Bucs DB coach, thy name is Raheem Morris...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ.../12/02/coaches/

"• Raheem Morris -- Haven't heard of the Bucs defensive backs coach? You will. For one thing, he's thought to be a slam dunk to become Tampa Bay's defensive coordinator should Monte Kiffin join his son's staff at the University of Tennessee. But Morris is also thought of as the next Mike Tomlin, whom he worked under in Tampa Bay as recently as 2005. He's got a winning and magnetic personality, and though he's only 32 -- younger than Bucs veterans Derrick Brooks and Ronde Barber -- his players rave about his fiery coaching style and his ability to motivate."

Young, energetic, fiery, winning and magnetic personality...Bills fans these are words that should be jumping off the page and into our hearts! He's the perfect fit for this lifeless team of emotionless do nothings here in Buffalo.