Can someone who has actually played center please

BuffaloBill

Of all the mistakes I have seen in a football game this was perhaps the stupidest one. Maybe I can go easier on the guy if someone can explain that it is a legit mistake. Seriously, how does an experienced NFL center - who has not come into the game cold and is in his position - i.e. not an emergency substitute - do this?

Is there any rational explanation?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very succinct ... <_<

But I was trying to figure out if there is any room to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

He has a complete lack of awareness. Even if it was JP's fault for audibling without telling him that it is shotgun, how do you not look under your legs to see where the QB is?

I have not played center but I have played next to one College Div III

You go through a progression (a checklist of sorts) as a center you are responsible for reading certain defensive keys, then you are responsible to make sure the line is lined up correctly (that nobody is offsides or uncovered) THEN YOU CHECK YOUR QB BECAUSE THERE MIGHT BE A COMMUNICATION SIGNAL FROM HIM

You check for that quarterback on every single fricken snap.......I have seen a QB line up behind the linemen but I have never.....I repeat....NEVER have seen a center snap the ball to a phantom QB in shotgun.

That was a first.

Of all the mistakes I have seen in a football game this was perhaps the stupidest one. Maybe I can go easier on the guy if someone can explain that it is a legit mistake. Seriously, how does an experienced NFL center - who has not come into the game cold and is in his position - i.e. not an emergency substitute - do this?

Sorry, I did not see the game, I had it relayed, agonizingly to me over the phone, (play by play) from my brother in, heaven forbid, south florida, oh the indiginties. If he did what you are describing, and I have no reason to doubt you,then I totally agree with you, and there is nol logical explanation. We have all seen bad snaps shotgun or otherwise, quartebacks line up under the wrong lineman,etc..,but I don't think I have ever seen that before, by itself,easy to shrug off, but taken

with the rest of the foul body of work from him and the rest of the group, it is repugnant. My brother must have missed

that, as this is the first that I have heard of it.

The funny thing about this play is that it friggin happened last week against the 49ers too!

Mercifully I was not able to see the SF game due to the fact it was my wife's b-day. I was so pissed that they lost that I deleted from the TiVo without watching a minute of it. Guess I help the economy when I subscribe to NFL direct so some good comes from it.

NONE. Absolutely none.