Anyone else notice when Royal dropped the slant

Haven Moses

How pissed JP looked? They had a close up on JP after the play, and I swear he said "Nice hands" to Royal when he got to the huddle.

i would be pissed too- how many drops did we have on 3rd down when the game was still early

miami made about 5 3rd and longs each time by half a football- i was pulling my hair out- we have 3rd and makeble and drop easy catches aaarrrggghh

That's impossible. Michael Gaines (It pains me to fathom this) even better than Royal. He and McCargo are the two undisputed god-awful Marv Levy decisions!

Think back.

If the Bills would have somehow finangled a Tony G. trade at the deadline would we have a better record right now? Playoffs? I wonder.

Think back.

If the Bills would have somehow finangled a Tony G. trade at the deadline would we have a better record right now? Playoffs? I wonder.

I don't know about that, but our third down conversion rate, as well as redzone percentage would at least climb a few notches.

Where's Lonnie Johnson when you need him??

Remember when lonnie Johnson got lit up in that packers game when he forgot the punt returner was back there on that fake punt? I just started laughing out loud in my office.

How pissed JP looked? They had a close up on JP after the play, and I swear he said "Nice hands" to Royal when he got to the huddle.

Of course Lost-man was pissed. It was one of his few good passes. Robert Royal being on the field and running that pattern makes perfect sense this far into the season for Turk-ey's offense. The rookie Derek Fine has caught every pass thrown to him since he came back from his injury and Royal has dropped and fumbled passes all year. So naturally Fine rides the bench while Royal runs the important TE routes. B-)

Of course Lost-man was pissed. It was one of his few good passes. Robert Royal being on the field and running that pattern makes perfect sense this far into the season for Turk-ey's offense. The rookie Derek Fine has caught every pass thrown to him since he came back from his injury and Royal has dropped and fumbled passes all year. So naturally Fine rides the bench while Royal runs the important TE routes. B-)

ahh very clever with the acroynyms for losman and schonert...those have neeeeeever been used before...

Whats next?

James Hard-ly ever catches a pass...

The defense lacks Few-ell to propel themselved to a win...

Insert Dick Jauron blast...

cough schmuck cough

Remember when lonnie Johnson got lit up in that packers game when he forgot the punt returner was back there on that fake punt? I just started laughing out loud in my office.

No, what he did was got into the open field and started looking back at the JumboTron watching himself run. The problem was the JumboTron didn't show Darren Sharper coming at him like a missile. That was funny....

Gannon suggested that the drop was at least partially Losman's fault. Namely, a veteran QB should understand who he is throwing the ball to and a TE like Royal is not going to be bale to handle a hot potato in the same fashion as a quality WR.

Yea, I don't feel Royal distinguishes himself as a receiver, and I don't hate JP, but what Gannon said made a lot of sense. It comes back to the field presence where Losman didn't control that cannon of an arm he has at the right time.

I remember Kelly in an interview once that if a receiver dropped a ball like that he'd call a play to that receiver over the middle and purposely throw it just a little high so he'd get whacked by the safety for it. THAT's field presence.

nice leadership... B-)

Say what you want about how JP played yesterday, but he is one of the few guys who shows some damned emotion on this team.

The Bills have become the "Barney team" of the NFL. I love you, you love me.

Give me the bickering Bills with guys like Darryl Talley getting on everybody's case.