Jerry Sullivan:

BillsVet

I cannot even fathom the owner of a NFL team laughing after their team loses in their showcase moment.

If there is any doubt where the problems start, it's with the owner. He no longer seriously is interested in making this team a winner.

OTOH, Russ Brandon knows that he's been dealt a horrible hand, and must market this joke of a franchise next year. He's predictably upset, but I'm not sure he has the contacts or resources to do anything about it.

But to think RW is joking around and assuming fans will return next year, well, his senility is getting in the way.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot even fathom the owner of a NFL team laughing after their team loses in their showcase moment.

If there is any doubt where the problems start, it's with the owner. He no longer seriously is interested in making this team a winner.

OTOH, Russ Brandon knows that he's been dealt a horrible hand, and must market this joke of a franchise next year. He's predictably upset, but I'm not sure he has the contacts or resources to do anything about it.

But to think RW is joking around and assuming fans will return next year, well, his senility is getting in the way.

Sadly though the fans will return. Look at this message board for example, if anyone hints at not spending any more money on this team they are cast off like a 1940's communist. It's hilarious actually, I'm not stupid enough to keep giving money to a bucket of shitt, I stopped 3 seasons ago and haven't regretted it since. Bunch of woodchucks here that's the truth.

Ralph laughs at us all the way to the fukking bank.

We will return, because we love our team. It's not a business to us. He knows his fan base is loyal and he takes the fullest advantage of that by not giving a damn.

Ralph isn't laughing because he's senile. He's laughing because the late Ted Rogers and his partners paid Wilson about 9 Million dollars of unshared extra revenue for the rights to host that joke of a football game, and there's no legal way for them to get out of doing it every year until 2012. :lol:

I'll repost my Ralphie comment in this thread, since a separate thread was started about Sullivan's interview with Ralph, and I'm interested in who shares my thoughts.

===========================

Brandon can say whatever he wants, but this is ultimately the Ralphie show, and even if we were able to purge the entire coaching staff and half the underachieving players, the question remains - who even WANTS to come to Buffalo?

Highly questionable commitment to winning, 7 home games a year, and a division that has Parcells (Sparano) and Belichick. It's not exactly the type of place a coach or player sees as a great place to advance one's career. Even the Draft will be filled with young, talented guys sitting in MSG silently praying to themselves: "Please Lord, please don't let it be the Bills ...."

Schottenheimer, Cowher ... I'm not sure these guys would come to the Bills even if they were willing to coach for free ... and how many quality free agents see Buffalo as a SuperBowl destination? Polian and Butler (RIP) were real football men who could spot talent and figure out ways to keep it ... and Ralph sent both of them packing.

Sorry gang, yesterday just sucked all the life out of me. Hope is not springing eternal today.

This team doesn't deserve the thousands of knowledgeable, loyal, financially-committed fans that live and die with the team every week. I live in South Florida now, and trust me, the area has about ten times the people but a tenth of the commitment to the Fins as WNYers have to the Bills, and they're winning! :-)

Sadly though the fans will return. Look at this message board for example, if anyone hints at not spending any more money on this team they are cast off like a 1940's communist. It's hilarious actually, I'm not stupid enough to keep giving money to a bucket of shitt, I stopped 3 seasons ago and haven't regretted it since. Bunch of woodchucks here that's the truth.

Here, here!

Now THERE'S a guy that gets it.

Ralph was laughing at all the fools , otherwise know as Bills fans , that paid hard earned money to see trhis crap . But Ralph is right he wins and the fools , otherwise know as Bills fans , lose eh

ummmmmm, i have a confession to make. i too laughed yesterday. please forgive me.

Listen, I'm as fed up as anyone, but common! Who knows why Wilson was laughing? What if the person he was talking to asked him if there was any way that the Bills would have Dick for a coach next year? What if they asked him if he was happy the Bills traded up to grab Losman? McCargo?

There's plenty to be pissed off about, we don't have to invent new and different things.

Guest dog14787
!@#$ you, Ralph. Die already.

!@#$ you Joe in macungie, take your BS somewhere else, wishing someone to die is going a little to far don't you think. :lol:

Well...

I agree Bills Fans will return if given some hope...But if this Team returns "as is" so-to-speak...with Jauron as HC...The Bills are going to have a MAJOR problem on their hands selling tickets...And Ralph knows this...So does everyone at OBD...The product right now is not going to excite anybody...Especially the way they are finishing this Season...The promise built from the 5-1 start has been thoroughly squashed...I don't know about the faction of Fans who always believe the hype, but I'm guessing most Ticket buying Folks are not going to be fooled by the "Young Team" garbage any longer...The educated Fan is going to look at Teams like Atlanta, Miami, and Baltimore and know beyond a shadow of a doubt Younger Teams can WIN with good Coaching...And I'm pretty sure those same educated Fans know Dead Dick and his Band of Zombies are not good Coaches...

So anyway...I would not be so quick to assume the Fans will return any longer UNLESS The Bills start winning again...And I doubt The Bills will start winning again without a new HC... :lol:

This is a bunch of crap. Was he laughing sheepishly? In disbelief? Out of frustration? Because somebody said "Well, there' always next year and he realized that for him there might not be many more?

This is nonsense. Laughter in the face of disaster is often a coping mechanism. It doesn't matter squat.

I'm more concerned by the fans need to scapegoat.

ummmmmm, i have a confession to make. i too laughed yesterday. please forgive me.

Listen, I'm as fed up as anyone, but common! Who knows why Wilson was laughing?

His team was so bad that if he didn't laugh, he'd cry.

Guest dog14787
Sully asked him if he was angry...and Ralph giggled first and said in a serious manner "I'm used to it by know"

Its sad, sad for the team, sad for Ralph Wilson and sad for all the hard core fans. no, we won't abandon the team in its worst hour no more then we would abandon a loved one in our own family.

Good or bad, I will always be here and although many of you are pissed off, I know you will be to, we all love this team, its sad and it hurts but we love our team.

Yup, used to it by now. :lol: