Lose out and draft a franchise QB

jms62

I assume by "lose out and draft a franchise QB", you mean that you want them to purposely lose games. If I ever found out that happened, that would officially be when I stopped rooting for the Bills.

And you feel fine rooting for "efforts" like the past two games? At this point, losing out is not a decision the Bills need to make. They have the first place Jets, Patriots and Broncos left on their schedule. As each of those highly motivated, better coached, more talented and tougher-minded teams blows the Bills out, how in the world will you be able to "find out" that the

the Bills tanked those three games? :lol:

I still believe in Trent. However, we need some more weapons. A good TE would be nice. An Offensive Coordinator that actually has a playbook to win.

We also need to be able to get pressure on the QB and maybe, just maybe a Defense as a whole who gets pissed if the other team gains a yard. ie: Steelers and Ravens.

And you feel fine rooting for "efforts" like the past two games? At this point, losing out is not a decision the Bills need to make. They have the first place Jets, Patriots and Broncos left on their schedule. As each of those highly motivated, better coached, more talented and tougher-minded teams blows the Bills out, how in the world will you be able to "find out" that the

the Bills tanked those three games? :lol:

It's called a hypothetical statement, dude.

Get rid of useless Losman and let the China Doll be the backup...

NO MORE WASTE PICKS ON A QB PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B-):bag:

we have spent a 1-3 on RJ a 1 on Bledsoe a 1-2 and another on JP and a 3rd on Trent

thats 3 first 2 seconds and 2 thirds = 7 first day picks on QBS that we dont have or dont want in the last 9 years. ENOUGH!!!!!!!!

There are only 5 words necessary to describe what the Bills need to do to improve.

"Hire a new head coach"

Nothing else needs to be said. The fans know it, the players know it, the front office knows it and Ralph know's it.

Would you even trust our scouting department to adequately identify and draft a "franchise QB"?

No.

Even if they did draft a player w/ franchise QB potential, our coaching staff would screw him up.

Think about it, Joe Ferguson was the only QB to come to Buffalo as a rookie and become a good QB for the Bills. That was 35 years ago.

Although i am ready to throw out Ralph, Jauron and most definetly Shonert, I am not ready to give up on Trent Edwards. He is only a second year quarterback and he has already showed signs of being great. Granted he's going through a few lumps this year every single game hes played in besides the new england game, he has taken us down the field and put us in a position to win at the end of the game. When the games on the line i want the ball in his hands. Hopefully Trent can just become confident in his ability to play quarterback in any weather conditions and we we'll have a top 10 nfl quarterback next year

It's called a hypothetical statement, dude.

Really? Then what was the meaning of your post in the first place, if we are only talking about hypothetical statements, dude. You're the one who said the day you found out the Bills lost their last 3 games on purpose would be the day you stopped rooting for them, not me. So I guess since we are not talking in realistic terms, you won't ever stop rooting for Bills like the rest of us out here, and we can just forget you ever posted that message in the first place, right dude?

NO

Lets fix the problems AROUND the QB

I actually have no problem with going into next year as Trent Edward my QB (you need to bring in a competant backup in case of injury)

- This team cannot generate a pass rush without blitzing........that has to be number one on the fix list

- This team needa a CENTER....I would like the top center coming out of college please

- This team needs a pass catching Tight End threat

If we could actually get teams off the field on defense and create turnovers that would cure a lot of ills. If this team could actually run up the middle then maybe we can actually get some favorable down and distance

IF THIS TEAM DIDNT WASTE TIMEOUTS GOT PLAYS ONTO THE FIELD ON TIME AND RAN PLAYS THAT PLAYED TO OUR STRENGTHS THEN MAYBE OUR QB WOULD LOOK BETTER

Interesting stats below - suggests that at best you get a 50/50 shot at getting a decent QB in round 1 .. worse yet very few play well in their first two years. Not saying Trent is the answer but I would not be in such a big hurry to think the team is going to get turned around by a first round QB. A stud DE or LB may have more impact right away

Crunching the Numbers: First-Round QBs, 1989-2003

Number of QBs drafted: 30

Notable busts: Ryan Leaf, Todd Marinovich, David Klingler, Akili Smith, Cade McNown

Number of busts: 16

Bust percentage: 53%

Number of QBs with at least one Pro Bowl appearance: 10

Pro Bowl percentage: 33%

Noticeable second-tier (not busts, but not stars): Jeff George, Trent Dilfer, Kerry Collins, Byron Leftwich, Rex Grossman

For the sake of comparison

Percentage of first-round RB busts: 49%

Percentage of first-round WR busts: 45%