The Buffalo Bills lack physical and mental toughness

JoeFerguson

They don't want to play in the cold. They collapse when the game is on the line. They drop passes, take bad sacks. They don't seem to care when they lose. Donte Whitner whines on his facebook.

This entire team needs to grow a pair.

Dick Jauron needs to start doing cocaine. He has the personality of a spare tire. If I were on his team, I would not want to play for him.

It's pretty sad that some players came out and admitted they'd rather play in a dome than their own home turf. I mean it's one thing if I say it, cause sure I'm a wimp and I'd rather be comfortable than cold but these guys are supposed to be some of the toughest guys in the world and they are paid handsomely for it. Wimps.

Could you imagine anyone on that Pittsburgh Steelers squad saying that? How about the Giants?

I couldn't.

As for your original post, I laughed when I hypothetically thought about reading that after we were 5-1. Man, how things have quickly changed. To think, after suffering a horrible loss in Arizona, then coming back thinking we were playing some elite team in San Diego and winning, I really believed this was the year we'd make the playoffs and Trent WAS THE MAN. How cruel.

Anyone see the Pittsburgh coach getting into the celebration when the Steelers scored the go-ahead TD on a pick-6? THAT's what this team needs.

Shanahan, Walsh, Belichick, Landry, Gibbs, Mangini, Holmgren, Levy, some more intense than others, sure- but the clapping and running and shouting (IMHO) works for few, fails for many. Tomlin is not a screamer, (sorry) but I had to start somewhere. I prefer a guy that seems smarter than me, motivated, but not a clown or a stereotype.

When fans asks for a screamer, all I can think of is Barry Switzer. Probably my bad. Still, I wonder if a young Ditka would last half a season in today's media intensive environment.

Shanahan, Walsh, Belichick, Landry, Gibbs, Mangini, Holmgren, Levy, some more intense than others, sure- but the clapping and running and shouting (IMHO) works for few, fails for many. Tomlin is not a screamer, (sorry) but I had to start somewhere. I prefer a guy that seems smarter than me, motivated, but not a clown or a stereotype.

When fans asks for a screamer, all I can think of is Barry Switzer. Probably my bad. Still, I wonder if a young Ditka would last half a season in today's media intensive environment.

Sparano is a screamer, and it's working for him.

They don't want to play in the cold. They collapse when the game is on the line. They drop passes, take bad sacks. They don't seem to care when they lose. Donte Whitner whines on his facebook.

This entire team needs to grow a pair.

Dick Jauron needs to start doing cocaine. He has the personality of a spare tire. If I were on his team, I would not want to play for him.

I can say what you wrote in one word . Pu$$ies :lol:

Sparano is a screamer, and it's working for him.

So far so good, but I'll count him as a success when he shows some tenure, wins a playoff game moving forward after this very good season. As much as there are Derek Anderson's, there are flash in the pan coaches too. (Jauron in Chi) I'm of the opinion most (not all) screamers lose their teams quickly when things go bad and the players tune them out.

So far so good, but I'll count him as a success when he shows some tenure, wins a playoff game moving forward after this very good season. As much as there are Derek Anderson's, there are flash in the pan coaches too. (Jauron in Chi) I'm of the opinion most (not all) screamers lose their teams quickly when things go bad and the players tune them out.

I'd say from a 1 win team to leading the division is a pretty darn good start for a coach. Matter of fact I think it looks like he will finish with a record better than all except one of Jaurons teams.

As far as coaches losing the team in adverse times while the coach is a screamer well I guess you arent very familiar with the Parcells school of football, players who lose intensity are shown the door.