Tim Tebow

nuklz2594

Hypothetically of course, if he comes out for the draft and is available, do we draft him? He reminds me of Jim Kelly in some aspects. He is a leader and just has that "it" quality about him. The guy just plays hard and finds a way to win.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hypothetically of course, if he comes out for the draft and is available, do we draft him? He reminds me of Jim Kelly in some aspects. He is a leader and just has that "it" quality about him. The guy just plays hard and finds a way to win.

No, don't think he will be a good NFL QB, maybe a tight end?

He does not have an NFL arm. If he makes it in the pro's it will be as a wide receiver. In the NFL if you can't develop into a strong armed pocket passer you have little chance for success.

I probably wouldn't.

Its nothing against Tebow, I like him, but one of the Bills' biggest mistakes with their young QBs has been that they don't stick with them when they struggle. I'd rather give Edwards another season, adding a middle round pick or a decent veteran FA as insurance in case he can't play out of it.

I'd rather the Bills use this draft to concentrate on their lines and on finding a quality TE.

Under the right circumstances, I can see Tebow being a Roethlisberger clone. Pretty accurate, not the best arm but good enough to send it downfield. Big frame, doesn't have the best speed but can still scramble very well when he needs to (In the NFL, Tebow is not going to survive if he is asked to run the ball the way he does at Florida). All in all, I think the media has greatly overrated Tebow, but he is a good quarterback with a winning attitude and a great personality. I don't suggest the Bills take him, but I don't see him as an utter bust.

Ooooh kinda like vince young has "it"? How's that vy draft pick looking?

He dont have an NFL arm but yet torches defenses left and right. I just dont get why people say he wont be an NFL QB. I just look at his play thats all I need to know. Chad Pennington dont have a very strong arm but yet is in the NFL and does fairly well.....

I mean I can think of a few QB in the NFL now that Tebow has a better arm then, and one of them is on our team.

Tebow is not an NFL QB, he's a Heisman winning "system" QB for Urban Meyer. He doesn't throw a tight spiral, he doesn't stand in the pocket and read the defense much, and he is spotty with his accuracy. Is the guy a "winner"? YES. A potential franchise QB? NO.

Tebow has a BETTER arm than Trent the golden boy Edwards.

Beg to differ the stats do not show this to be the case - against college defenses of inconsistent quality - Tebow averages only 2 yards per throw more comparing best games or best seasons. This crap about Trent not having an arm only comes about because JP's is stronger. Trent's strength has been accuracy and the ability to release the ball quickly.

Ok I get that people want to hang losses on him for mistakes - interceptions or failing to score enough touchdowns. This is a legit argument. The "his arm is not strong enough" line is not proven and does not hold water. Look to the real problems not one that doesn't exist.

Tebow is not an NFL QB, he's a Heisman winning "system" QB for Urban Meyer. He doesn't throw a tight spiral, he doesn't stand in the pocket and read the defense much, and he is spotty with his accuracy. Is the guy a "winner"? YES. A potential franchise QB? NO.

You have a point! I noticed his spirals on the ball were dreadfull.......But is that something that can be fixed?

Beg to differ the stats do not show this to be the case - against college defenses of inconsistent quality - Tebow averages only 2 yards per throw more comparing best games or best seasons. This crap about Trent not having an arm only comes about because JP's is stronger. Trent's strength has been accuracy and the ability to release the ball quickly.

Ok I get that people want to hang losses on him for mistakes - interceptions or failing to score enough touchdowns. This is a legit argument. The "his arm is not strong enough" line is not proven and does not hold water. Look to the real problems not one that doesn't exist.

It's easy to have good accuracy numbers when the majority of the passes he completes are at the line of scrimmage.

As far as arm strength goes, his mechanics prevent him from having good arm strength. His deep balls have no drive on them and they just float. I have yet to see him throw a deep out. He's had 21 starts when is he going to throw a deep out?

Trent is not the answer.

Waitaminute. We're talking about trying to find yet another Quarterback of the Future? Here's a novel idea: how about building a TEAM around the ones we have instead?

Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson have Super Bowl rings. (So does, RJ, but let's not go there.) What did their teams have in common? Championship-caliber defenses. Use that top pick on a pass rusher instead.