Tim Tebow

nuklz2594

I don't agree with this here. Chris Leak won a national championship under the same system and didn't even get to sniff the Heisman. Tebow might win it twice. The "system" has something to do with it but Tebow is a rare talent with twice the heart most of our team has. He may or may not be a franchise QB BUT he is a damn good football player with a great competitive attitude and seems to be a winner. If he lasts into the 4th or later we would be dumb to not bring him in, if even as a "trick play guy".

Late rounds of the draft? Yeah, sure. But these guys are talking about him being our 1st pick. Uhhhh, no. I don't question the guy's competitiveness or passion for the game one bit. He's a warrior for sure, but he's not a QB you build an NFL offense around. It's not good when the weakest part of his game, for a QB, is his passing.

You people are QB Obsessed. There is no magic pill qb, and spread option Urban Meyer system players aren't gonna cut it. I dont care if we had Peyton Manning, this team constructed as is, would not win 11 games. sh-- the colts have Peyton Manning, and for awhile it looked like they wouldn't even make the postseason. Having a franchise signal caller is great and all, but this team has front 7 defensive gaping holes, and lacks a center, te, and another wr on offense. Before you can even think about inserting a pet project qb.

Tebow is successful because he is a running QB and defenses have to guard against that as well as his passing. Throw that out the window in the NFL cause he ain't going off tackle out of the shotgun at the next level. I don't think he's anywhere near an NFL caliber passer and think he will be a huge waste of a top 10 draft pick.

Until they fix C and the D-line, I am not interested in the Bills drafting anyone who does not weight at least 275 pounds.

I never said Tebow was a top 10 pick, in fact I think I said after the 4th round, maybe I misread my own post though. We will need to draft a QB most likely this year when JP goes bye bye. Tebow has scored 110 TD's in 39 games in the SEC and he only started 25 of those games. He's not "Just a running QB". I agree that the system plays a big part in his success but come on the guy isn't crap.

I never said Tebow was a top 10 pick, in fact I think I said after the 4th round, maybe I misread my own post though. We will need to draft a QB most likely this year when JP goes bye bye. Tebow has scored 110 TD's in 39 games in the SEC and he only started 25 of those games. He's not "Just a running QB". I agree that the system plays a big part in his success but come on the guy isn't crap.

If they stick with Trent, which I think they should, they should look for a competent veteran to back him up.

Living here in St Augustine, where Tim went to HS, and where we see every Gator game and get bombarded with anything Gator-related, I have been forced to have an opinion on Tebow. But, I will say, my opinion has evolved.

At the beginning of last year, it looked like there was no way that TT would be an NFL QB, (IMO, of course). It was clear that he was a terrific college QB, but he didn't have what it takes to be a NFL-style QB.

To his credit, he became a better QB over the course of last year. Then, I thought, a team might be smart to try to create an offense to his strengths, but that was unlikely. But it was clear that the kid is an outstanding athlete. I thought that MAYBE with a year or two more of college, he might start to look like a "real" QB.

This year, his stats are down...but he looks much more like a possible NFL QB, than he did even one year ago. I still have my doubts, of course, as we have seen how most of these spread offense QBs fail to perform at the NFL level. I think he deserves the chance to try to be an NFL QB, if that's what he chooses.

I still think one more year of college would do him a lot of good, if he wants to be a successful NFL QB. Even then, he will need to go to the right team, and be handled properly, I think. But, this kid is a special athlete and seems to be able to learn and adapt. I wouldn't bet against him.

EDIT: The Bills should not draft him, though, IMO. They have other issues to attend to that a rookie QB will not solve.

I did not mean to put words in your mouth but I've read that he would be a high pick if he came out so 4th round doesn't seem realistic.

And I didn't say he was only a running QB, I said because he has the ability to run that college defenses are required to game plan in a totally different manner than they would against a pure drop back QB. Since in the NFL that's what he's going to have to be, I would expect his effectiveness to be significantly reduced.

And I don't see why the Bills need to draft a QB next year. It is easy to find a cheap journeyman to fill the backup role.

This reminds me of the Steve Spurrier days at Florida. Remember the QB's he created that were drafted in his "Fun 'N Gun".

How did all those QB's work?

Not very well, as you know. I would love to hear about the Alabama QB sucess stories during the same time frame.

Under the right circumstances, I can see Tebow being a Roethlisberger clone. Pretty accurate, not the best arm but good enough to send it downfield. Big frame, doesn't have the best speed but can still scramble very well when he needs to (In the NFL, Tebow is not going to survive if he is asked to run the ball the way he does at Florida). All in all, I think the media has greatly overrated Tebow, but he is a good quarterback with a winning attitude and a great personality. I don't suggest the Bills take him, but I don't see him as an utter bust.

What friggen games have you been watching? Tebow has an arm for long throws, medium & short not to mention the jump pass. He'll last a lot longer because of his conditioning. He's used to running which he'll need as a Bills Q-back. but, he won't have a chance to play for the Bills because they will be in Toronto before Superman Tebow is drafted.

Not very well, as you know. I would love to hear about the Alabama QB sucess stories during the same time frame.

They sucked. And no, I would not draft the present senior QB, John Parker Wilson.

Any more questions?

Oh, was that the debate we were having? Alabama QB's? I thought it was about Tebow and Florida's "system" QB's.

What friggen games have you been watching? Tebow has an arm for long throws, medium & short not to mention the jump pass. He'll last a lot longer because of his conditioning. He's used to running which he'll need as a Bills Q-back. but, he won't have a chance to play for the Bills because they will be in Toronto before Superman Tebow is drafted.

He's a fantastic college QB in a gimmicky system. He might turn into a good pro QB if, as The Dean pointed out, he isn't rushed and goes to a team with the right situation. I don't think he's a very good passer, despite his gaudy numbers, and I think his poor throwing mechanics and lack of accuracy will be his Achilles' heel in the NFL.

He is a very good runner, but a good portion of that is because he is bigger than a lot of the defenders he faces and he moves well for a big guy. He won't be running over many LB's and DL's in the NFL, and while he's pretty fast for his size, everyone he faces in the NFL will be much closer in terms of speed than what he's seen in the SEC.

Hypothetically of course, if he comes out for the draft and is available, do we draft him? He reminds me of Jim Kelly in some aspects. He is a leader and just has that "it" quality about him. The guy just plays hard and finds a way to win.

His Arm isn't the best and he would get killed with his running style. I like better the kid from Texas.

I would go so far as to call Tim Tebow one of the greatest college football players ever. But I don't think he will have a good pro career. You can't run that easily on QB sneaks in the NFL, and no team wants their QB taking hits either. He lacks polish as a passer and just doesn't have "it" when it comes to passing the ball. He is a fantastic leader, fierce competitor and is a good person, but NFL QBs have to first and formost be proficient passers.

I hope I'm wrong.