If JP beats Dolphins this week, does he keep the job until he loses?

Chuckknox

With a whole week of practice and a gameplan (throw to wideouts, not running backs) geared towards his strong points this should be his LAST chance to prove he has some potential.

It's a very big stage for the Bills this week because of Toronto. Since we seen what happened to TE on the big stage this year (Monday night, Jets, NE, Dolphins), let's see if JP can handle these AFC East teams any better.

If he loses, then send TE back in to "mop" up our season and get some experience.

If TE gets hurt, send in the 3rd stringer to see what he has.

IF JP WINS, then the Bills should try to ride this to the playoffs, if he get's to the play offs - apologize to him and give him an extension and promise to trade TE.

He has much more time to throw than in the past, maybe he can make some things happen.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

With a whole week of practice and a gameplan (throw to wideouts, not running backs) geared towards his strong points this should be his LAST chance to prove he has some potential.

It's a very big stage for the Bills this week because of Toronto. Since we seen what happened to TE on the big stage this year (Monday night, Jets, NE, Dolphins), let's see if JP can handle these AFC East teams any better.

If he loses, then send TE back in to "mop" up our season and get some experience.

IF JP WINS, then the Bills should try to ride this to the playoffs, if he get's to the play offs - apologize to him and give him an extension and promise to trade TE.

He has much more time to throw than in the past, maybe he can make some things happen.

Yah that should turn his career around.....

In the event Losman beats the dolphins,beats the jets on the road, the broncos on the road, then back to buffalo and beats the patriots of all teams, I will eat a pair of dirty underwear. It's just not gonna happen.

I will supply them B-)

IF JP beats the dolphins, he wont be the "starter," but i have a feeling that should JP win, trent's groin injury will all of sudden become a lot more serious. In fact, i think the health of trent's groin will depend on JP's play. My guess is Trent's groin will be hurt until JP loses.

Listen...Trent is "their guy". Whether anyone likes it or not. Starting J.P. if Trent is healthy does NOTHING for you as a team. He is not getting a contract to be here next year. He is not going to start here next year, he doesn't want to be here next year, what do you gain? Its not a matter of who thinks who is better..its just the facts. It just makes zero sense...period.

Losman "is" good enough to beat Miami, and is good enough to win games in a mediocre Quarterbacked NFL. He is one of the better #2's in the NFL... But Edwards will start when healthy.

And JP would likely tell the Bills' thanks for letting me play these past four games and showcase my talents. Now that I showed how good I really can play I'll likely get much better offers as a FA. As far as your extention offer goes, you can take that and shove it as after everything that has happened, there's no way I'm sigining it.

At that point the season is over, he can't get hurt playing more, so absolutely no reason for him to sign with the Bill's. Why can't people get this. If you're a big fan of JP and want to root for him, you better plan on following some other team next year as he won't be here.

I just can't imagine JP deciding to live happily in Buffalo. For this to happen, at very least, Jauron would have to be dumped, because JP can't possibly coexist with the guy.

And there are serious doubts about whether he would ever want to be on a Ralph Wilson team also.

I'm a huge JP fan, but I think he's gone after the season and there's nothing we can do about it.

Oh, and we're just not making the playoffs. This team, regardless of QB, isn't good enough.

Let's hope that Trent and JP both continue to develop and have terrific careers, though I'd certainly want to see JP hiccup when he played Buffalo.

In the event Losman beats the dolphins,beats the jets on the road, the broncos on the road, then back to buffalo and beats the patriots of all teams, I will eat a pair of dirty underwear. It's just not gonna happen.

You're probably right, for the simple reason that this TEAM is not good enough.

If JP plays great and beats the next four teams, then I would still bench him once TE is healthy. We've seen all we're going to get out of JP--yeah, he might get on a hot streak and throw five 80-yard bombs-- but he's not a viable long-term answer at QB.

I too have seen the future, and strangely, you're wrong. In the future, JP becomes the single greatest QB in NFL history, a sort of Unitas/Montana/Marino hybrid and hits 90% of his passes for the last five years of his career.

Ridiculous? No more than your "knowledge" of the future.

JP is still very inexperienced. To put his experience in perspective, Trent has now played 2/3rds of the number of games that JP has played. And Eli Manning played approximately twice the number of games that JP has played before he came around. There's just no way to know, particularly in the madhouse that is the Buffalo Bills the past few years.

One thing we know is that JP and Trent both had reasonably long periods of good consistent QBing that indicated that each had potential. Then each regressed horribly. Frankly, the fact that this happened to both of them probably indicates that some thing or things in the environment is causing QB problems and inconsistency here in Buffalo. Young QBs need time, faith in them from the organization, capable coaching that takes into account their strengths and weaknesses, and a good overall environment to fully blossom.

Neither guy seems to have gotten all of these.

IF JP beats the dolphins, he wont be the "starter," but i have a feeling that should JP win, trent's groin injury will all of sudden become a lot more serious. In fact, i think the health of trent's groin will depend on JP's play. My guess is Trent's groin will be hurt until JP loses.

I have said this earlier & I will say this again, the best thing thing for Losman's career right now is that he does not play. He plays the next 4 games due to Edward's injury my guess is he is going to play himself right out of the league, if he has not done that already.