You've been a Bills fan for too long if...

…you cared what Charley Bailey says.

…you think Laverne is a man’s name.

…you remember the haze on a Saturday night caused by stadium lights and thousands of chain smokers.

…you remember when Sunday games started at 2:00 p.m., then later on at 1:30 p.m.

…you remember Saturday night games.

…you thought that Ernie Warlick was the coolest football player around, not because he played football, but because he owned a hamburger stand.

…you remember a boy scout tent on the sidelines where the cheerleaders went to change, as well as dozens of men standing on the cinder track behind the snow fence next to the boy scout tent.

…your dad parked the car by the armory.

…you know what “What’s New, Harry?” means.

…you think that the best home uniforms were the ones with the stripes around the shoulders.

…you stopped at Freddie’s Doughnuts Sunday morning before the game.

…your kids don’t believe that there were once real first names like Birtho, Daryle, Buster, Booth, Mack and Wray.

…you know the significance of the numbers 45,748 and 46,206.

…you remember Bills’ players missing games because they were on National Guard duty.

…your idea of “color commentary” is Stan Barron.

…you never could understand why Paul Maguire was listed on the roster as “LB”.

…you thought that Orchard Park was a “farming community”.

…you remember your dad sometimes still called it “Civic Stadium”.

…you know that “Duby” was a “flanker” and that “Bass” was a “split end”.

…you remember serious talk about the “Seattle Bills”.

For Part I, click here.

...You think "Rockpile" is a "what", not a "who".

HEY! <_<

...you remember training camp in Blasdell.

...your father was on a first name basis with Buster Ramsey.

...you shook hands with Tom Day.

...you got real good at listening to the game on radio because all home games were blacked out.

Part I was 98%

Part II add additional 78%.

My neck is still sore looking around those damn poles, and that is invariably where my dad got his seats. Behind them, not in front of them.

Thanks for the memories, and faint smell of Genny. I also remember the rockpiles rest rooms; I think they are more like latrines in the military, than rest rooms in civilian life. NASTY!

You remember and/or attended practice sessions in Elma on the knox estate - I was there. Remember Billy Shaw, Al Dorrow and others....

We sat on the 50 yard line below the press box, sat next to Van Miller's wife and used to talk to Ralph Wilson while he was in the press box...

Remember the smell of cigar smoke in the air...

Used to walk from Morgante's Bar and Grill on Jefferson ave to the stadium....

"You know you are an old time Bills fan if you understand my name."

Certainly do - good ol mack yoho the kickoff guy. Do you remember yelling "yooo" when he approached the ball for kickoff and then "ho" when he kicked the ball...

Remember the beer can game at the Rockpile when fans threw about 10,000 beer cans on the track in disgust....

I was there when Stratton creamed Keith Lincoln....

Richie Lucas, the first qb pick.....

…you remember the haze on a Saturday night caused by stadium lights and thousands of chain smokers.

…you remember when Sunday games started at 2:00 p.m., then later on at 1:30 p.m.

…you thought that Ernie Warlick was the coolest football player around, not because he played football, but because he owned a hamburger stand.

…you remember a boy scout tent on the sidelines where the cheerleaders went to change, as well as dozens of men standing on the cinder track behind the snow fence next to the boy scout tent.

…you think that the best home uniforms were the ones with the stripes around the shoulders.

…your kids don’t believe that there were once real first names like Birtho, Daryle, Buster, Booth, Mack and Wray.

…you remember Bills’ players missing games because they were on National Guard duty.

For Part I, click here.

Great post. I admit I don't remember everything you brought up but many struck those ole cords. Thanks.

You remember and/or attended practice sessions in Elma on the knox estate - I was there. Remember Billy Shaw, Al Dorrow and others....

We sat on the 50 yard line below the press box, sat next to Van Miller's wife and used to talk to Ralph Wilson while he was in the press box...

Remember the smell of cigar smoke in the air...

Used to walk from Morgante's Bar and Grill on Jefferson ave to the stadium....

That would the polo field in East Aurora.

You were asked for a shoe shine after the game while waiting for the bus on Jefferson & Best (wearing sneekers at the time too)

Eating pizza at Sestak & McGuires on Cleveland Drive in Cheektowaga (and I can still spell it too)

know how many times Lou Saban coached the Bills (3???)

Know the true meaning of "rockpile"

For Part I, click here.

Amazing stuff.wow. I am old;) Thanks