Hate to ask..... Why is more not made of Parrish dropping a sure TD..

AnthonyF

It was a bullet pass (the only kind Losman can throw) from a relatively close distance. No, the defender didn't have a play on it, but it was a tough catch nonetheless. Sure, Evans probably makes that grab, but it was not an easy catch. I'm surprised it didn't knock the little guy over.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The throw was right there, and the defender was there. But thats a catch parrish simply has to make. No other way about it.

If it was Royal, I would expect a drop, but Roscoe has the hands to catch that ball and should have.

Not what I said, he dropped a pass, all receivers do, but it wasn't a "game changer". It wasn't Ronnie Harmon dropping an easy touch pass...the whole team (with the exception of Lynch) sucked the entire game. Pinning it on just Lindell, or Parrish, or Edwards is foolish. This thread reminds me of a baby crying over spilled milk. The team sucks more than one dropped pass, or a missed field goal. Bigger problems exist, and whining about one play and a player who makes clutch plays time and again in a game where the Bills should have put up 30 points and a season of bad coaching and playing is just plain old whining.

The play is minuscule in the scope of what's wrong here, it was a dropped pass, not a gamechanger.

It was a game changer..... 10-7, not 10-3.... At least 2 other times in the red zone, where a FG would have tied the game... This was an important play at a crucial time. Not crying over spilled milk, just pointing out a turning point that has been basically ignored/overlooked.

7-5 or 8-4 (Cleveland & SF games) vs. 6-6, and regardless of how indifferent the Bills are playing and this would be quite a different week.

Was he not hit between the 1's???? TD and it is 10-7, we tie the game when we went for it on fourth & 2..... Just another example about how little things or 1 play turns a game completely around.

Can throw out the terrible play calling, bad clock management and silly/atrocious penalties, if this one play was completed.

It was a good defensive play. That's pretty much the entire story.

It would have been an excellent catch if me made it. The defender was in good position, in fact I though it was borderline interference. Some of the other posters are correct though, you can't think of too many drops Parrish has had, unlike Lynch who seems to drop at least one easy short pass per game.

How many key drops can you remember Parrish making in his career, or even this season?

That's why nobody's making a big deal of it.

Actually Bill, I recall a lot of drops by Roscoe and some great catches too. No "key" drops though. I think the reason he hasn't been on the field more in his career despite having only Josh Reed in front of him is because his hands aren't the best. Otherwise, I can't really understand why, with his ability to turn a routine play into a big gainer, he has never been a starter.

On that particular play though, the defender made a nice play. I think the only way that pass could have been completed was if JP threw it low and outside where Roscoe would have to have gone to his knees, the kind of thing Kelly and Andre used to do all the time on 3rd and 7. They weren't trying to beat the coverage, just put the ball where only Andre could get to it, even against solid coverage. If its timed and thrown right, its pretty much unstoppable. Its also the kind of pass, as much as I like JP, that Losman has never been very good at.

It was a good defensive play. That's pretty much the entire story.

Not saying this was you but when Revis intercepted a poorly underthrown ball to Hardy, Bills fans actually blamed in on Hardy. Not Trent, or a good play on the Defense but on Hardy. OH well what you going to do.

From what i saw, the defender had his arm across Roscoe's chest and knocked the ball away. The only way he could have possibly caught that ball was to come back and reach out with his hands. But then he would have been out of the endzone. Most catches on the goal line are caught and cradled with the body as you are normally hit right away. Not Roscoe's fault at all - the defender just made a good defensive play,,,,

From what i saw, the defender had his arm across Roscoe's chest and knocked the ball away. The only way he could have possibly caught that ball was to come back and reach out with his hands. But then he would have been out of the endzone. Most catches on the goal line are caught and cradled with the body as you are normally hit right away. Not Roscoe's fault at all - the defender just made a good defensive play,,,,

I'd love to see replays of the play as I saw it hit him in the #'s and he did not squeeze it. The announcers claim that the defender got his hands on the ball and above post says the defender ripped it away.

I saw it hit him on the numbers.....

I'd love to see replays of the play as I saw it hit him in the #'s and he did not squeeze it. The announcers claim that the defender got his hands on the ball and above post says the defender ripped it away.

I saw it hit him on the numbers.....

i'm gonna go watch that play again in slowmo on my tivo and get back to you all..

ok, i watched the play and the replay in slow motion on tivo three times and it clearly shows that the defender had his right arm at Roscoe's waist level while the ball is in the air. When it arrives, the defender had his arm at chest level and his arm knocked the ball away. No way was that a drop, period. The defender just made an excellent play on the ball. It was clearly knocked away when it hit his forearm..... by the way, the pass was indeed on the numbers, unfortunately, so was the defender's arm...

If it was Royal, I would expect a drop, but Roscoe has the hands to catch that ball and should have.

The problem is he didnt try to catch it with his hands....he went at it with his body and thats why the defender was able to break it up....

ok, i watched the play and the replay in slow motion on tivo three times and it clearly shows that the defender had his right arm at Roscoe's waist level while the ball is in the air. When it arrives, the defender had his arm at chest level and his arm knocked the ball away. No way was that a drop, period. The defender just made an excellent play on the ball. It was clearly knocked away when it hit his forearm..... by the way, the pass was indeed on the numbers, unfortunately, so was the defender's arm...

Di you watch the play with your eyes closed...?? The defender did not have his arm in there...the ball bounced off Roscoe's chest...the defender arm came in right after and hit Roscoe's right arm....

THe problem is he tried to catch it with his body...instead of making the catch with his hands

Di you watch the play with your eyes closed...?? The defender did not have his arm in there...the ball bounced off Roscoe's chest...the defender arm came in right after and hit Roscoe's right arm....

THe problem is he tried to catch it with his body...instead of making the catch with his hands

sorry, you are dead wrong on this. the defender had his arm in there while the ball was in the air. his arm knocked it away. maybe you watched it with your eyes and mind closed...

Also, if he tried to catch the ball with his hands it more than likely would have been broken up as well as the defender hit both his arms on his follow through. would have been a miraculous catch either way...

You always....always catch it with your hands.....