Hate to ask..... Why is more not made of Parrish dropping a sure TD..

AnthonyF

Was he not hit between the 1's???? TD and it is 10-7, we tie the game when we went for it on fourth & 2..... Just another example about how little things or 1 play turns a game completely around.

Can throw out the terrible play calling, bad clock management and silly/atrocious penalties, if this one play was completed.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't get a chance to catch this play, but from what I've read, the defender made a good play on it.

The defender was right there, but the ball did bounce off Parish's chest. It's a catch that a pro receiver in that situation has to make.

How many key drops can you remember Parrish making in his career, or even this season?

That's why nobody's making a big deal of it.

Uh, it's kind of a big deal since it would have altered our strategy the whole rest of the game...

Uh, it's kind of a big deal since it would have altered our strategy the whole rest of the game...

And the Bills had several other chances other than that play, and blew all of them. That's the bigger deal than a player who has been clutch dropping a pass which was well defended.

And the Bills had several other chances other than that play, and blew all of them. That's the bigger deal than a player who has been clutch dropping a pass which was well defended.

whether he's been clutch or not it was a turning point in the game and one of the only legitimate chances of scoring a touchdown that game.

whether he's been clutch or not it was a turning point in the game and one of the only legitimate chances of scoring a touchdown that game.

That wasn't a turning point....they sucked before that pass, and they sucked after that pass.

Was he not hit between the 1's???? TD and it is 10-7, we tie the game when we went for it on fourth & 2..... Just another example about how little things or 1 play turns a game completely around.

Can throw out the terrible play calling, bad clock management and silly/atrocious penalties, if this one play was completed.

Parrish should of made the catch but the ball should of been thrown lower also. The defender did get a hand in on it but if Losman throws that ball low where parrish has to slide for it the defender would not be able to make a play on it without interfering. With that being said Parrish should of had it & I really can not fault Losman for the throw.

Pretty obvious that Parrish is a one trick pony & that is punt returns. He is not a reliable receiver.

That wasn't a turning point....they sucked before that pass, and they sucked after that pass.

You know what, you're right. Since Roscoe Parrish has been clutch in the past he is completely absolved of any error he makes, and we are not allowed to discuss it on this message board. Carry on!

i didn't get a chance to catch this play, but from what I've read, the defender made a good play on it.

That was what bothered me after 2-3 replays.... The announcers kept mentioning that the defender go a hand on it. He did not. The ball hit him between the 1's and was a perfect throw.

As someone else pointed, it changed the strategy the rest of the game.

Because people are too busy reading your numerous posts complaining about Lynch and Jackson dropping screen passes for sure TDs that Trent threw in other games we lost? :worthy::lol:

That play was bad news, but so was Lindell's miss, the failure to run the ball in the red zone, and whole host of other things that contributed to the game. I think we could spend the week blaming a whole group of people on the offense and the coaching staff. Let's just get over it and get ready for Miami. Crummy showing, Bills...cowboy up.

You know what, you're right. Since Roscoe Parrish has been clutch in the past he is completely absolved of any error he makes, and we are not allowed to discuss it on this message board. Carry on!

Not what I said, he dropped a pass, all receivers do, but it wasn't a "game changer". It wasn't Ronnie Harmon dropping an easy touch pass...the whole team (with the exception of Lynch) sucked the entire game. Pinning it on just Lindell, or Parrish, or Edwards is foolish. This thread reminds me of a baby crying over spilled milk. The team sucks more than one dropped pass, or a missed field goal. Bigger problems exist, and whining about one play and a player who makes clutch plays time and again in a game where the Bills should have put up 30 points and a season of bad coaching and playing is just plain old whining.

The play is minuscule in the scope of what's wrong here, it was a dropped pass, not a gamechanger.

That play was bad news, but so was Lindell's miss, the failure to run the ball in the red zone, and whole host of other things that contributed to the game. I think we could spend the week blaming a whole group of people on the offense and the coaching staff. Let's just get over it and get ready for Miami. Crummy showing, Bills...cowboy up.

What he said.

I went back and watched parts of the game last night. We basically moved the ball at will on offense. The key points in that game were in the redzone: (1) missed FG; (2) Parrish's dropped TD; (3) ball being tipped on Edwards likely TD pass to an open Fine; and (4) JP's failure to throw to a wide open Evans on 4th and 2 inside our ten.

Yeah, the coaching could have been better. But that loss hinged on poor execution. That's 17-21 points right there, squandered because of poor execution, not poor coaching.