WGR reporting Edwards

Albany,n.y.

I'll stand by my thoughts that Edwards will be a star. He'll be the Bills QB, going to multiple Pro Bowls for many years long after Brett Favre has retired.

Earlier, you said this would all happen this year. Which casts more than a little bit of doubt on your abilities as a prognosticator and more immediately, your ability to look at Edwards with an impartial eye.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you really thought the coaches benched Edwards because they thought Losman was gonna win the game, you're an idiot. Edwards struggled, got injured, and was taken out. Losman came in and played like how Losman plays. Terribly (thoguh he still has a cannon).

You're right. He played terribly. Better than Edwards had, but both of them were terrible.

Again if you think Jauron (who benched Losman for Edwards) was putting JP in to spark the team for a victory, you are an idiot. :lol: The term winning and Losman don't go in the same sentence (great arm though).

That's funny. I could almost swear that it's you who's the idiot.

Oh, it is you. Never mind.

I'll stand by my thoughts that Edwards will be a star. He'll be the Bills QB, going to multiple Pro Bowls for many years long after Brett Favre has retired.

Edwards has a better chance of becoming a star via spontaneous nuclear fusion engulfing him than he does by going to multiple pro bowls.

I have heard the groin pull story from 4 different sources.

FOX REPORTER(on sideline)- asked Edwards if he was hurt, Edwards said NO

EDWARDS(at pc)- It bothered me in KC but was bad at the end of the 1st half

JAURON(at pc)- Trent hurt it real early in the game

JOSH REED(after the game)- Trent didnt say anything to us about an injury, thats the sort of thing he would tell us about

Please humor me with more of your infinite logic and wisdom...

This whole thing smells pretty bad to me--smells like a coverup by Jauron to insulate himself from criticism for pulling his young starter to try to spark the team.....

Earlier, you said this would all happen this year. Which casts more than a little bit of doubt on your abilities as a prognosticator and more immediately, your ability to look at Edwards with an impartial eye.

Well, I am going to take Harvey's back here and predict that Edwards will become a star quarterback in the NFL.

Wrong thread crayon eater. You should be in the one right near this kissing JP's ass, the way you have for almost 5 years. :lol:

So it's not the highlights, it's the old "Trent is great because JP sucks" reasoning? That strategy needs some refreshing.

You dont let a groin injured player sit in the cold on the sideline......

If they are not guilty of supending Edwards because they lost faith in him....then they are giulty of medical idiocy

How many times do you see players get injured and then end up on the sideline for the second half? I would say that 8 out of 10 injuries end that way if they have to be taken out of a game. Unless its an injury where you need an immediate MRI, a neck injury, or a bad knee injury, they're coming back out onto the sideline to finish the game with their team.

This isn't a blown out knee or anything, its more of a nuisance injury.

Again if you think Jauron (who benched Losman for Edwards) was putting JP in to spark the team for a victory, you are an idiot. :lol: The term winning and Losman don't go in the same sentence (great arm though).

Think about that statement for a minute and then think about how smart Dick Jauron is....

He never said it was a good idea to put in JP.

Half the stuff Pitts & Boselli said made no sense. I screamed at the TV numerous times based on their idiocy. So for one of this clueless duo to say Edwards was benched would be in line with the rest of their unqualified statements.

My favorate was when they showed John Murphy & Co. on the TV and refered to them as the Bills coaches in the booth.

I think this "conspiracy" was all fueled by the sideline reporter who initially reported that JP's coming into the game was a "coach's decision". She then later corrected herself and said that is was due to a groin injury.

Folks, let's use some logic here:

1. Trent's erratic accuracy (hitting more than one intended receiver in the ankles) certainly could have been brought about by an injured groin.

2. The slippery conditions were probably not ideal for a QB with a groin injury. What if Trent had gone in to play the second half and severely aggravated it? As galling as that 49er loss was, if we were going to lose ONE of the remaining games on the schedule that was the one to lose, given the out of conference opponent.

3. The score was still close at the time -- and as sloppy as Trent was playing, he hadn't bee truly awful. He certainly played worse in each of the other losses.

4. Let's face it: JP is in the coaches' dog house. I have a feeling that Jauron wasn't especially excited about calling his number.

Regardless, I am questioning Edwards Toughness! I seem to recall Elway playing all the time through a groin injury, and I already understand he is a hall of fame QB and Edwards as little chance of that. JP is not the answer either. I watched the steal of the draft on NFL network the other day and they were talking about Brady and being drafted 199. The thing they said is he had what scouts could not gauge....Character of a winner. Edwards, has been a loser everywhere he has been at every level. He has talent but his mind is content earning NFL money. He plays scared and he sucks in cold weather. I fail to see how this kid is going to be our Next Jim Kelly!

Someone tell me why everyone was thrilled with Schonert? He was a back up QB for one of the Boring Offensive teams that beat us. For those of you beating up on Roscoe Parrish for the drop....Shouldn't that route been run by Hardy or Johnson or Jenkins or better yet a TE who can catch ( Gonzalez) all over 6 feet and 210 pounds..Instead our Genius coordinator sends in Smallish but elusive Roscoe to take a hit. Say he does catch the ball and misses the next 4 games! If I were he I would have dropped it too! Sadly, Evans was wide open on that play! I think Lynch should have run off the right side ( away from the Bums Dockery and Petey!) where he got all his yards anyway! 3 chances and he would have been in. Now running 2-3 gap is never going to work with either Center! False starts on the center and not knowing the snap count!

Face it Buffalo, JP, Edwards are bums! One wants the big play every play and the other is too afraid to stick it in there. Team management has failed and the Coach is sooooo unemotional and this young team needs just the opposite!

Cowher will not coach next season, and we need some ambition! Dick, do everyone a favor and quit like Mularky! Just do it now!