Bring In Andy Reid and McNabb

Like A Mofo

Why? Are we having difficulty finishing up the food at the pre-game buffet? That's the only position I'd be comfortable having Reid fill.

So you don't think Andy Reid would be a big improvement over Dead Dick? Because that is the standard right now. Anyone you can think of that would be a big improvement over Dick needs to be seriously considered.

Andy Reid is no savior, but he's light years ahead of Dickless Jauron.

Just saying they are running him out of town here also. When he benched McNabb , he had an assistant tell him. No different than Jauron saying Edwards is injured.

If we had Reid and McNabb...or just McNabb...we not only make the playoffs next year we make a run at the super bowl. McNabb has never had the talent we have at WR and our WR's have never had a talent such as McNabb throwing them the ball. McNabb has another good 4 years left in him. Our offense goes from mediocre at best to prolific instantly with this upgrade, and his ability to throw on the run offsets our inconsistent pass protection. Plus, this opens up Marshawn as teams have to give instant respect to the passing game...

Our D gets better by not having to be on the field as much as we have less short drives, not to mention it will be healthy next year (Crowell, Youbooty, Greer, etc.)...

Here is the problem...McNabb will likely be available, but the FO wont pursue him as they are stubborn and will likely go one more year with Trent before looking elsewhere...

If we had Reid and McNabb...or just McNabb...we not only make the playoffs next year we make a run at the super bowl. McNabb has never had the talent we have at WR and our WR's have never had a talent such as McNabb throwing them the ball. McNabb has another good 4 years left in him. Our offense goes from mediocre at best to prolific instantly with this upgrade, and his ability to throw on the run offsets our inconsistent pass protection. Plus, this opens up Marshawn as teams have to give instant respect to the passing game...

Our D gets better by not having to be on the field as much as we have less short drives, not to mention it will be healthy next year (Crowell, Youbooty, Greer, etc.)...

Here is the problem...McNabb will likely be available, but the FO wont pursue him as they are stubborn and will likely go one more year with Trent before looking elsewhere...

I hate to tell you this, but our talent at WR isn't all that great. We have one top flight guy (and yes, he IS a top flight guy)...but after that we have a shorter-than-average possession receiver in Reed, a small slot guy who doesn't run routes well enough to ever reach his potential, and then a rookie on whom the jury is still out but who isn't looking good. McNabb has certainly had the talent we have at WR...his name is Terrell. Even now, Curtis, Jackson, and Baskett are at the very least comparable to Evans, Reed, and Parrish.

I hate to tell you this, but our talent at WR isn't all that great. We have one top flight guy (and yes, he IS a top flight guy)...but after that we have a shorter-than-average possession receiver in Reed, a small slot guy who doesn't run routes well enough to ever reach his potential, and then a rookie on whom the jury is still out but who isn't looking good. McNabb has certainly had the talent we have at WR...his name is Terrell. Even now, Curtis, Jackson, and Baskett are at the very least comparable to Evans, Reed, and Parrish.

I think Evans is better then anything the Eagles have, but the rest? I agree....our WR's are SEVERELY overrated

Count on Crowell and Greer being gone next year.

Don't you have to be rated highly before you can be overrated? I don't think our WR's are overrated at all.

Well true, but to me the WR corps we have had her eis basically the same with Drew, JP and Trent, but yet they get a lot of blame deflected away from them.

The WR's need a major overhaul.

I think I didn't say that the way I wanted it to come out...sounds like I am saying our WR's are special...What I was really trying to make clear is how BAD the Eagles WR's have been with the exception of the brief TO appearance (where they went to the Super Bowl and had his best year).

Evans is by far superior to any WR on that team, and any WR ever during the McNabb era except TO. Heck, McNabb made Stallworth into top wideout the one year they were together and he has been a bust everywhere else he has been and looks as if he doesnt even exist in Cle.

So, just having Evans here would already be a huge upgrade for him. McNabb would make Reed and Parrish better too, and with Steve Johnson and Hardy as young guys with potential to devleop, I would say with full confidence it would be his most talent core of WR's he has ever had, even better than the year he had TO as there was no one else besides TO that was any good.