Welker was just killed........

SKOOBY

Whole-E-Shiite!!! :blink:

I'm surprised he returned to life. :thumbsup:

IMO, it should not have been flagged and no fine dealt out. Looked to me just like a great, fantastic, beyond belief football play.

it definitely wasn't helmet to helment ... the defender did a great job leading with his shoulder. the ball had been tipped meaning anyone is fair game. and the whistle hadn't been blown. i don't see what the penalty was for. even the official coneded as much when he said "even though the ball was tipped, it was a ...." he's basically saying we're ignoring the rule and calling a penalty anyways

That's the difference between a playoff bound team and the Buffalo Bills stay at home and eat popcorn in January players. They play with heart and they may draw penalties but I bet Wes isn't so bold going across the middle as he use to be. Intimidation it's what this game is about. It's what the Bill don't have.

And that starts with the coach. DICK :blink:

Look I realize the guy is the enemy and all...

But can we at least give some thought to starting a thread that is titled "Welker was just killed." For those of us who did not see the Game, or hear about the hit well...I read the thread title and literally thought Wes Welker may have just been killed somehow...

Not a good choice of words...That's all I'm saying... :blink:

hell of a hit, even if it was illegal. And yes, it was illegal. the tipped ball was nowhere near wes welker. If he'd have gotten his hands on it, that flag wouldn't have been thrown. Besides that, it was a textbook shoulder to body running tackle.

That is not illegal, immoral yeah. The ball was tipped he didn't lead with his head and didnt hit his helmet. Great hit, couldnt have happened to a better guy.

it definitely wasn't helmet to helment ... the defender did a great job leading with his shoulder. the ball had been tipped meaning anyone is fair game. and the whistle hadn't been blown. i don't see what the penalty was for. even the official coneded as much when he said "even though the ball was tipped, it was a ...." he's basically saying we're ignoring the rule and calling a penalty anyways

I didn't see the game so was the ending to that quote ...hit on a Patriot* and the league gets very upset about that so I'll have to throw a flag on it. Mr. Goodell will decide this week how much to fine him in order to teach the league that the Patriots* players are to be handled as gently as possible. Hard hits are out of question. We really aren't cool with tackling them at all but then it would be too obvious we are completely nuts about these guys. :wub: 0:)

Everything you say is true - but the defender "launched" himself at Welker which is illegal. No doubt he'll be fined for it. Not saying I agree with the rule but it is a rule.