Welker was just killed........

SKOOBY

For daring to touch a Patriot* King Goodell will no doubt have him hind and quartered in the public square. I suspect he'll get a lot more of a penalty than Light did for punching Crowder in the face last week--all for a play which shouldn't have even had a flag thrown on it, but that's "justice" in the modern day, "Big Market Money Talks (Especially Bob Kraft's)" NFL......

"Hind and quartered?" :devil:

Sounds bad.

And the ball was tipped, so Welker was technically "live game" prancing across the middle of the field. If it had been Hines Ward taking that shot, probably no flag.

And for people that thought the Whitner fall-on-the-back-of-your-legs tackle 8 yards deep in the end zone was a "statement of intimidation", you need to watch Ryan Clark deliver the real goods on SportsCenter. That is intimidation.

hell of a hit, even if it was illegal. And yes, it was illegal. the tipped ball was nowhere near wes welker. If he'd have gotten his hands on it, that flag wouldn't have been thrown. Besides that, it was a textbook shoulder to body running tackle.

hell of a hit, even if it was illegal. And yes, it was illegal. the tipped ball was nowhere near wes welker. If he'd have gotten his hands on it, that flag wouldn't have been thrown. Besides that, it was a textbook shoulder to body running tackle.

Disagree. The ball was in the area and tipped up into the air by Polamalu. I don't think Clark knew where the ball went, but he was damn sure not going to let Welker prance underneath it and be a hero.

Good hit, I wonder how many catches Welker made after that? I wish somebody would have laid out that San Fran Ref today like that. Maybe we would start getting some decent calls.

Welker didn't return to the game after that hit.

I believe everyone's fair game on a tipped ball.

Besides, the ball was "near" the receiver, just like the ball was "near the line of scrimmage" on the non-intentional-grounding call.

I believe everyone's fair game on a tipped ball.

Besides, the ball was "near" the receiver, just like the ball was "near the line of scrimmage" on the non-intentional-grounding call.

except, in this case, the ball was "near" but not touching the player for new england, so they called the penalty. the ball was "near" the line of scrimmage for the team playing against the bills, so they didn't call the penalty. big difference here!

except, in this case, the ball was "near" but not touching the player for new england, so they called the penalty. the ball was "near" the line of scrimmage for the team playing against the bills, so they didn't call the penalty. big difference here!

New England game: Ball doesn't need to be "near" the guy being blocked -- you can block anyone you want when the ball's been tipped. I believe Warren Sapp laid someone out a few years ago on an interception. It's possible that the NFL changed the rule without me knowing though...

Buffalo game: It was a BS non-call on the gorunding. The rule specifically says that grounding is not called if the ball is thrown at or past the LoS. "Near" the LoS doesn't count.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/intentionalgrounding