No game on TV for Syracuse this week....

Just Jack

They'll have the Giants/Redskins instead. Apparently Syracuse is a secondary market for Buffalo so WSYT/Fox can choose which game to show. Can't find a link, it was a blurb in the newspaper this morning, and WSYT does have the Giants/Redskins game listed on their site.

For those that want to complain..

(315) 472-6800

programming@wsyt68.com

Fax: (315) 471-8889

They'll have the Giants/Redskins instead. Apparently Syracuse is a secondary market for Buffalo so WSYT/Fox can choose which game to show. Can't find a link, it was a blurb in the newspaper this morning, and WSYT does have the Giants/Redskins game listed on their site.

(315) 472-6800

programming@wsyt68.com

Got my complaint in... I friggin hate the G-MEN and all of their Syracuse fan base who suddenly came out of hiding last year. :thumbdown:

To be fair, it kind of would stink as a Giants fan who sees them on TV every week to tune into Fox and suddenly see the Bills-49ers instead.

When I was in Ithaca during the 1990s, however, Syracuse would almost always show the Bills game no matter what. That changed -- I think -- in the late 1990s. Now they will show the Giants instead.

I expected FOX to show the Giants instead of the Bills in Syracuse. We still get the Bills on the radio. I'm wondering what the tipping point is going to be for the local CBS station to show the winning Jets instead of the slumping Bills.

Last I checked even Binghamton shows the Bills over the Jets. Wait for that domino to fall first.

The FOX station in Syracuse always shows NFC games. Even though SF is in the NFC no one in the 'Cuse cares about SF. The CBS station is part of some Bills broadcast organization and will ALWAYS show the Bills playing.

Still, I honestly think that if enough Bills fans here in Syracuse complain they would change it to Buffalo-SF.

If Buffalo had the record that the Giants have then we would be watching the Bills, even though they're in the AFC. There's way too many Bills fans here in Syracuse to ignore.

Good luck to you guys. We did enough complaining to CBS6 in Albany back in September and they (finally) showed the Bills over Minnesota-Jacksonville, so there is hope.

I think the CBS6 channel in Albany is part of the Jets network. Still, how in the heck could any upstate NY station show the Vikings-Jaguars game over Buffalo? I can't understand how they even wanted that game shown.

Last I checked even Binghamton shows the Bills over the Jets. Wait for that domino to fall first.

Will not happen! Bills fans are dominant here over jets fans. It's all Giants in terms of the NYC fan base. Back in 2002 they even showed the bills game over the giants game when there was a conflict on fox.

I think the CBS6 channel in Albany is part of the Jets network. Still, how in the heck could any upstate NY station show the Vikings-Jaguars game over Buffalo? I can't understand how they even wanted that game shown.

It was early in the season when both teams were supposed to be good and were picked by a lot of people for the superbowl, so it was supposed to be a superbowl preview. That's the best I can come up with.

(315) 472-6800

programming@wsyt68.com

Online streaming is an alternative. I find the Bills every week. The playing field is changing. It'll be interesting to see what the networks do to stop it.

In CNY Bills fans are EASILY more dedicated to the Bills than the Giants fans are dedicated to the Giants. I've always felt that if you took all the Giants (and Jets) fans in the 'Cuse you would find most of them are students at Syracuse University.

Most everyone else FROM Syracuse is a Bills fan and actually go to Bills home games. Sports-wise the Buffalo Bills and Syracuse Orange kind of go together! It's like this very much in Rochester.

(315) 472-6800

programming@wsyt68.com

Complain all you want , it won't do any good.

Bills game will not be shown in the Watertown area either this week. The Giants game will be aired at 1pm. It's the first Buffalo game this year that will not be on TV for me. Oh well, I guess I'll be watching on the computer this week.

Peace

I don't think any of us are complaining. We are just suggesting they consider playing the Buffalo Bills-San Francisco 49ers game. Once they see how many of us Bills fans want the change they might do it.

It won't do any good, it's wasted effort, they don't care what you want, so just watch the Giants.