Free Agents

I think Matt Birk will hit the market and should be our top target. He is irritated that his 10 years of top-five center play hasn't been enough to earn a pre-season contract extension, and the Vikes already have his replacement on their roster.

We need to sign the top center available, and six-time Pro Bowler Birk is clearly that man. We've invested a lot into our o-line, yet it is still home of our biggest need (center).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Matt Birk will hit the market and should be our top target. He is irritated that his 10 years of top-five center play hasn't been enough to earn a pre-season contract extension, and the Vikes already have his replacement on their roster.

We need to sign the top center available, and six-time Pro Bowler Birk is clearly that man. We've invested a lot into our o-line, yet it is still home of our biggest need (center).

Agree 100%, he can bet that Kevin Mawaii that got away. Would add serious credibility to our line. Plus the guy plays against the 2 best DTs every year in camp. He has to be a priority for us.

i'd rather have the much, much younger jason brown.........he would solidify the center position for years to come

jake grove is an intriguing option as well

Bertrand Berry is an animal. Arizona showed little interest before this season in re-signing him, and that hasd to now be seen as a mistake. It will interesting...I think he'd look great in Buffalo blue.

:D Bertrand is who I want the Bills to target. That dude is an animal!

It's funny to talk about options at the DT position. The Bills have spent 3 off-season trying to fix that spot, and it seems like no matter what Brandon, Guy, and Jauron do nothing works.

First it was Larry Tripplett who was an epic flop. Kyle Williams isn't the part of the solution. McCargo is a bust. They traded for Stroud who seems like he's still a fine player. I don't see much from Spencer Johnson either.

Haynesworth is a pipe dream, and the key to Tennessee's defense. The Titans will not allow him to leave. If they did, Tennessee would begin the long search to find someone to replace him.

Some teams have playmakers and some do not. Those that have them usually go to the playoffs.

It's funny to talk about options at the DT position. The Bills have spent 3 off-season trying to fix that spot, and it seems like no matter what Brandon, Guy, and Jauron do nothing works.

First it was Larry Tripplett who was an epic flop. Kyle Williams isn't the part of the solution. McCargo is a bust. They traded for Stroud who seems like he's still a fine player. I don't see much from Spencer Johnson either.

Haynesworth is a pipe dream, and the key to Tennessee's defense. The Titans will not allow him to leave. If they did, Tennessee would begin the long search to find someone to replace him.

Some teams have playmakers and some do not. Those that have them usually go to the playoffs.

see my post above - TEN doesn't have a choice.......if albert wants to leave, he will

see my post above - TEN doesn't have a choice.......if albert wants to leave, he will

Look, it doesn't say they can't re-sign him to an extension. All your PFT link says is they can't slap the tag on him a second straight season. And let's keep in mind that Mike Florio once reported that Terry Bradshaw had died.

Tennessee has loads of cap room, and will give him 10M+ a season to keep him. The cap will rise to about 123M next season and I can't imagine Bud Adams going cheap with his best player. Would you?

Look, it doesn't say they can't re-sign him to an extension. All your PFT link says is they can't slap the tag on him a second straight season. And let's keep in mind that Mike Florio once reported that Terry Bradshaw had died.

Tennessee has loads of cap room, and will give him 10M+ a season to keep him. The cap will rise to about 123M next season and I can't imagine Bud Adams going cheap with his best player. Would you?

haynesworth will go to whoever pays him the most money - he said it in an interview last week

that could be TEN, but he made it very clear that they had no leg up on anyone and he would chase the dollars