Free Agents

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I'd like to see them go fter Haynesworth...

WHo is on the market the upcoming season, We need DE's, C, TE, WR's, FB , LB's and Alot of secondary help. I dont want them all addressed in the draft. So whos available and we should work it that way.

He would be a huge piece to the puzzle but will command a lot of cash. Tenn know what he brings and is tough to replace.

Not sure about free agents but our 1st rounder should be Everett Brown from FSU. I was trying to find high lights of him to post yesterday but RAMIUS would def agree with me that this kid is a stud DE. He reminds me of Bruce with the power and agility. I like the fact that he can sack the QB from everywhere.

I think the Bills are much much much more desperate for a stud DE that can actually get to the QB.

on top of that we are desperate for an OLB to replace Ellis...

haynesworth will be franchised. The Titans are kicking ass this year because of him. he is a game changer.

Haynesworth along with Julius Peppers, Terrell Suggs, Ray Lewis, Kurt Warner, Brandon Jacobs, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, and Nnamdi Asomugha won't hit the UFA market.

Karlos Dansby, Jonathan Vilma, Bertrand Berry, Jordan Gross, Stacy Andrews, and Matt Birk probably won't either.

UFA is increasingly becoming less of an option for quality players with the salary cap rising so much each year.

I think the Bills are much much much more desperate for a stud DE that can actually get to the QB.

on top of that we are desperate for an OLB to replace Ellis...

haynesworth will be franchised. The Titans are kicking ass this year because of him. he is a game changer.

Good thing we selected Mike Williams over Haynesworth, John Henderson, and Ed Reed :thumbsup:

See now Pete...I had almost forgot about that and You just had to go there huh? :thumbsup:

sorry bro. It is just mind boggling to me that we screwed up that pick so bad. A stud DT is one of the most coveted players and there aren't that many in the NFL- and we passed on two of the top ones. A monkey could of drafted better that year

He would be a huge piece to the puzzle but will command a lot of cash. Tenn know what he brings and is tough to replace.

Not sure about free agents but our 1st rounder should be Everett Brown from FSU. I was trying to find high lights of him to post yesterday but RAMIUS would def agree with me that this kid is a stud DE. He reminds me of Bruce with the power and agility. I like the fact that he can sack the QB from everywhere.

agreed...did you see him take over the maryland game saturday night?

I've watched a lot of Everett Brown this year and the kid is an absolute beast. Easily the biggest impact d-lineman I've seen in the college game this year so far. I've also heard that he has his head on straight which is usually a big plus for the Bills organization entering the draft. No matter where we finish, I would love to grab Brown. Trade up if need be, because he could be well worth it, especially at a position of need.

A previous poster put forth a case for the WR, T.J. Houshmanzedeh.

I've no idea what he will command - but I see him on tv every game, and he hasn't lost a step. Still a canny, deceptive receiver that gets open comes back into a play to help a QB in trouble.

One caution - he's had a chronic ankle problem for several years, but it's only kept him out a few games over several years.

And is 31 years old - but leads the NFL in catches, leads in catches for a 1st down, leads in 3rd down conversion catches on a club decimated by injuries.

BTW, CIN added 2 more to the IR list - 15 now (18 counting three players waived off it)...five starters on IR, 5 on-roster starters likely out for their tilt against BAL. I wouldn't look for CIN to knock off the Bills' wild card competitor BAL.

BAL has problems, too - they also have 15 on IR. I shake my head when posters complain about how injured the Bills are...

Haynesworth along with Julius Peppers, Terrell Suggs, Ray Lewis, Kurt Warner, Brandon Jacobs, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, and Nnamdi Asomugha won't hit the UFA market.

Karlos Dansby, Jonathan Vilma, Bertrand Berry, Jordan Gross, Stacy Andrews, and Matt Birk probably won't either.

UFA is increasingly becoming less of an option for quality players with the salary cap rising so much each year.

Haynesworth WILL have a chance at UFA. The deals of his tag were that he wouldn't be tagged again if he hit 1 of 4 requirements. At this point, i believe he's hit all 4. He may choose to stay with tennessee, but they can't tag him again.

I've watched a lot of Everett Brown this year and the kid is an absolute beast. Easily the biggest impact d-lineman I've seen in the college game this year so far. I've also heard that he has his head on straight which is usually a big plus for the Bills organization entering the draft. No matter where we finish, I would love to grab Brown. Trade up if need be, because he could be well worth it, especially at a position of need.

100% agree. Even when Brown is double teamed he finds a way to get to the QB or at least get in his face. I am a die hard FSU fan and have watched this guy grow into an unbelievable player. Total game changer.

If he's all that he'll probably be gone when Buffalo picks.

What he said.

Good thing we selected Mike Williams over Haynesworth, John Henderson, and Ed Reed :thumbsup:

Hey we could still swing a trade! <_<

sorry bro. It is just mind boggling to me that we screwed up that pick so bad. A stud DT is one of the most coveted players and there aren't that many in the NFL- and we passed on two of the top ones. A monkey could of drafted better that year

I thought a monkey did.

Haynesworth WILL have a chance at UFA. The deals of his tag were that he wouldn't be tagged again if he hit 1 of 4 requirements. At this point, i believe he's hit all 4. He may choose to stay with tennessee, but they can't tag him again.

I'll stop picking on Beerball for a year, month, week, day, hour, minute second if Haynesworth isn't re-signed by the Titans. If not he'll get a ludicrous contract from someone else.

If he's all that he'll probably be gone when Buffalo picks.

What he said.

Hey we could still swing a trade! :thumbsup:

I thought a monkey did.

I'll stop picking on Beerball for a year, month, week, day, hour, minute second if Haynesworth isn't re-signed by the Titans. If not he'll get a ludicrous contract from someone else.

Can you say Dan Snyder?