45-35

Chilly

But this fails to take Texas Tech into account. Texas beat Oklahoma. Oklahoma beat Texas Tech. Texas Tech beat Texas. It's a rock-paper-scissors type of situation, so who's to say which team is the best? This is the thing that bothers me the most about the BCS...punishment for losing a game late in the season is worse than losing one early on.

But this fails to take Texas Tech into account. Texas beat Oklahoma. Oklahoma beat Texas Tech. Texas Tech beat Texas. It's a rock-paper-scissors type of situation, so who's to say which team is the best? This is the thing that bothers me the most about the BCS...punishment for losing a game late in the season is worse than losing one early on.

I guess you didn't read the links from that site, eh?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/notebook?pag...k/onthemark1124

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8840170?MSNHPHMA

I just decided the only way to end this whole mess is to do away with rankings in college football. Nobody gets to be #1 and then no one can complain about it.

Just like Kindergarten: You're all winners!

Man, a playoff sure would be fun this year.

Sorry but I think your Longhorns are sh*t out of luck. If Oklahoma beats Okl ST they will jump Texas in the next BCS Poll. I think that is pretty safe to say. If they lose, Texas still maybe out of luck because then Tech gets to the Big 12 championship game. I think unless something unforseen happens, I think Texas will playing USC in the Fiesta Bowl. Is it fair? Probably not. Does Texas have a legit gripe? Sure. But I would argue that if a one loss Oklahoma team was left out of the NC they would have a pretty good arguement also. This is one of those years where a plus 1 game would be perfect.

Just like Kindergarten: You're all winners!

Man, a playoff sure would be fun this year.

Remember these guys are students first (snicker) extending the season would harm their academics (chuckle) it might even prevent their graduation (bwahahahahahahaha)

Might as well just have a CFL (college football league) and be done with the charade.

Sorry Blue...I understand your passion, but...(and I'll eat my words if OSU gives OU a game) OU is the better team. They had a lapse against your Horns, but they were the better team that day (IMO) it just didn't show up on the scoreboard. Don't know what a win vs. OSU will do to the BcS standings but I imagine it might boost OU to #2. We'll see...

Bottom line...the BcS is crap and schools/coaches/players shouldn't have to justify why they belong. Pick the best 8 and let them go at it. (yes, I know #9 will feel left out, but life aint fair)

you mean Texas beat Oklahoma, Texas Tech destroyed Texas, and Oklahoma destroyed Texas Tech?

Its plain and simple. Texas > Oklahoma. I dont care who is "playing better" currently. If they are going to give Texas Tech the boot, and make it between 2 teams, UT and OU, Texas should get in because they beat OU.

It the Big 12/BCS is going to make it a 2-horse race, the head to head winner should be the victor. If it was a 2 horse race between Tech and Texas, i am sure blue fire would admit that Tech should go in ahead of Texas.

Its plain and simple. Texas > Oklahoma. I dont care who is "playing better" currently. If they are going to give Texas Tech the boot, and make it between 2 teams, UT and OU, Texas should get in because they beat OU.

It the Big 12/BCS is going to make it a 2-horse race, the head to head winner should be the victor. If it was a 2 horse race between Tech and Texas, i am sure blue fire would admit that Tech should go in ahead of Texas.

BIG game Satuday, my brother!! :thumbsup:

Texas Tech destroyed Texas,

:thumbsup: destroyed?

Although I'm bias, I agree nothing good is going to come of this situation this year. A couple teams are going to get the high-hard-one this year and unfortunately it doesn't look like a playoff is coming anytime soon.

The worst part is we'll have 30 to 45 days of hand-wringing and teeth-gnashing over which teams get to play in the "BCS Bowl."

Sorry Blue...I understand your passion, but...(and I'll eat my words if OSU gives OU a game) OU is the better team. They had a lapse against your Horns, but they were the better team that day (IMO) it just didn't show up on the scoreboard. Don't know what a win vs. OSU will do to the BcS standings but I imagine it might boost OU to #2. We'll see...

Oklahoma was better, but it didn't show up on the scoreboard? O_o

Lets see...

Texas had 438 yards, Oklahoma had 435.

Texas had 0 turnovers, Oklahoma had 2.

Texas had 161 yards rushing and dominated the LOS, Oklahoma had 48.

Texas had 6 penalties, Oklahoma had 10.

Texas averaged 4.6 yards a rush, Oklahoma averaged 1.6.

Texas TOP was 37:10, Oklahoma was 22:50.

The *only* stat Oklahoma was better in was passing yards, and that was because we didn't need to throw.

I don't understand how you can say Oklahoma was the better team in a game where Texas was superior in almost every way statistically.

Yup.